Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

amdublin wrote: »
    What's the relevance of the full Irish?

Ps. Are their houses mansions or something to be respected?

It was a heavy night of drinking so I made sure I was fully capable of driving. No they were not mansions, i meant to say they were pick up from their houses respectively, different location in the city one after the other though i didnt mention an actual order in which I picked them up so im not sure if that sentence even works.

I hope that answers your completely pointless questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

podgemonster your mates should have thrown you a few quid, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Yeah podge, the lads definitely should have given you a few quid.
    I can understand one lad being mean, but all three? I think they MIGHT have got the wrong impression when you said it was ok when they offered a cut of the parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It was a heavy night of drinking so I made sure I was fully capable of driving.

I would love to hear the medical reasoning behind why you think a "Full Irish" can clear blood alcohol levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

I would love to hear the medical reasoning behind why you think a "Full Irish" can clear blood alcohol levels.

While it wont change alcohol levels there is actually evidence that fried bacon can speed the passing of a hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lanaier wrote: »
    While it wont change alcohol levels there is actually evidence that fried bacon can speed the passing of a hangover.

And the onset of a full coronary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

And the onset of a full coronary

It's worth every bite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

Perhaps he was refering to the fact that it takes a while to get a breakfast, thus leaving you more time to sober up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 donegal100

On holiday in Morocco. A 7 year old kid selling lollipops for a Euro. I give the kid a Euro and tell him to keep the lollipop. My mate turns around, takes a lollipop from the kid and says, "We paid for that!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

donegal100 wrote: »
    On holiday in Morocco. A 7 year old kid selling lollipops for a Euro. I give the kid a Euro and tell him to keep the lollipop. My mate turns around, takes a lollipop from the kid and says, "We paid for that!"

:eek::eek::eek:

You frivolous ba*tard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

It was a heavy night of drinking so I made sure I was fully capable of driving.

Point of information: full Irish breakfasts do not drag you under the drink-drive limit, or improve your driving.

But yeah, the lads were mean bastards after you were very decent about all the driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I never said anything about my blood alcohol levels. A big breakfast settles my stomach, usually cures my headache, makes me feel better, bit of coffee keeps me alert too. Plus the time it take to wander around an unknown city, order, eat, digest, settle, pay it was nearly lunchtime, i guess interms of my alcohol level it's more time consuming and thus allows them to lower naturally. Thanks for straying everyone off topic.

Thanks to those who answered my question. It think its a bit of a grey area sometimes depending on the distance travelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Talk Talk making 575 people unemployed on a whim

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    Talk Talk making 575 people unemployed on a whim

Lost your job then eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

about eighteen yrs ago when sky was analogue, i was watching tv one sunday, my partner came in and said they had to watch a programme, they did not want to miss it, so i decided to go for a walk with dog, my partner was there ten minuits watching their favourite programme, i went round back of house and put a fine duvet over dish and went for walk for a good hour and half, when i came back i lifted the duvet and quietly brought it in house, and there was the partner grouching saying that they lost picture and had just got it back, i loved it, i still to this day did not fess up, i found it hard to keep a straight face.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

goat2 wrote: »
    about eighteen yrs ago when sky was analogue, i was watching tv one sunday, my partner came in and said they had to watch a programme, they did not want to miss it, so i decided to go for a walk with dog, my partner was there ten minuits watching their favourite programme, i went round back of house and put a fine duvet over dish and went for walk for a good hour and half, when i came back i lifted the duvet and quietly brought it in house, and there was the partner grouching saying that they lost picture and had just got it back, i loved it, i still to this day did not fess up, i found it hard to keep a straight face.

Who was being stingey in your opinion?

From reading that all I see is someone being a d1ck!

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Who was being stingey in your opinion?

From reading that all I see is someone being a d1ck!

which one was the dick,
    i had been happy watching,
    my oh thought they had more right to tv.
    i am a bit of a joker at times

which one was the dick,

Your gf asked could she watch a programme she really wanted to see... You agreed. You could have insisted you wanted to see your programme as you were there first. Either way a decision would be made like mature adults.
    Instead you (most likely in a huff and reluctantly) gave up the TV... but rather than let her see what she wanted, you made a díck move and ensured neither of you watched what you had wanted.

Not stingy at all... Just acting the twát!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

which one was the dick,

IMO you were being the d1ck.

Surely if you were in the middle of watching something important you could have said so. Then again if you did and your OH insisted on changing the channel anyhow then he was the d1ck in the senario.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    IMO you were being the d1ck.

Surely if you were in the middle of watching something important you could have said so. Then again if you did and your OH insisted on changing the channel anyhow then he was the d1ck in the senario.
    that is exactely what happened, i was interested in what i was watching

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

that is exactely what happened, i was interested in what i was watching

But the ridiculous thing is no-one got to see their show. Kind of dumb that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

So was your partner a conjoined twin or suffering from a split personality disorder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

LIES. Your story didnt happen.
    1, Satellite dishes are always placed at high level. Let alone old dishes.
    2, so we are suposed to believe your partner didnt once check the so called ground level dish to find the duvet? :rolleyes: ... just staring at the tv wondering whats up ... or you telling us you got a ladder and climbed the roof? ahahahaha.

This is coming from the same person who just watched their neighbour steal their flower blubs without saying a single thing to them. I call lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,348 ✭✭✭✭Victor

emul8ter25 wrote: »
    My father-in-law has refused to pay the bin tax ever since it came into effect all those years ago, so he has no rubbish bin.

Instead, he saves all the 1 liter milk cartons and stuffs all his trash into those, which just happen to fit perfectly into the little round holes of the trash bins around the estate.
    The man's a frickin genius!
    That man is:

1. Commiting a littering offence.
    2. Not recycling.
    3. Costing you money in having the council collect his rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

I got a Mars bar wrapped up from my godmother for Christmas when I was 8. Miserable bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

So was your partner a conjoined twin or suffering from a split personality disorder?

I think goat's partner was a he, and he's trying to hide his homosexuality from us by not saying "he" wanted to watch something else. Sounds very like a story that happened between two homosexual men to me, homosexuals love their 90min walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Share a pub size bottle of coke, while everyone else was settling in for a night on the lash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I used to goto a bar every thursday at one point. Mainly cause alot of people I knew did. It was 3 euro a drink. Was always busy. But there was 1 guy I knew who was always tapping people for drinks and smokes :rolleyes:

Nothing new right? well heres the spin on it. Often he would buy the lads shots at the start of the night. Like 6-7 of us. So he'd drop around 18-21 euro right there. Buy himself one or at MOST two more drinks after that and be "broke". Being naive I would think to myself "why do you always buy people shots you idiot!" ... Then realised his game.

As you can guess by now, him buying people shots early on in the night meant he could tap everyone later. But even for 2 drinks. As all drinks were 3 euro. So why not tap 'em twice. After all he was 'the guy who gave you a shot earlier' you be thinking. He would even do this with other people he knew in the pub.

Always remember he would be hanging around atfer the pub closed talking to people he knew trying to hitch a taxi ride home to his area.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

Victor wrote: »
    That man is:

1. Commiting a littering offence.
    2. Not recycling.
    3. Costing you money in having the council collect his rubbish.

1. Yes, he did commit an offence. He was one of the people who protested the bin taxes and actually served about 3 weeks in prison.

2. He does recycle.... sort of. He was still provided the recycling bin oddly enough. Unfortunately he has very liberal views about what can be recycled.

3. Ive seen people drop rubbish on the ground when a public bin was 2 feet away, at least he uses them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Maybe not clear blood alcohol, but just to feel human again:o
    I got a Mars bar wrapped up from my godmother for Christmas when I was 8. Miserable bitch!

hahahahaa your not serious?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement