Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards Qualifying League 2 - New Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

I always miss the boat!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

the league is full at the moment. i think the search bar only shows leagues that are available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

FG, when all leagues get going will there be some sort of inter league competition. Like premiership/championship vs serie a/serie b teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

And also will there be promotion between the leagues? ie: is Serie A effectively the third tier?

Lads Ill be on now from 5 for the evening to try and get a good few games in because I wont be online tomorrow. Send me an invite if you haven't played me yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Allow me to field a couple of these questions...
    FG, when all leagues get going will there be some sort of inter league competition. Like premiership/championship vs serie a/serie b teams?

Short answer yes. There will be a "champions league" type competition where the top league teams play off against each other, but not for season 2. That will start in season 3.
    And also will there be promotion between the leagues? ie: is Serie A effectively the third tier?

No. Serie A is another top division. Just think of it like Serie A and the Premiership in real life. Seperate leagues, but both top flight. Those teams can only face each other in European competition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks Y2J

I'll posting everything on Saturday when I get a chance. As Y2J said, Serie A is on par with the Premiership and Serie B is on par with the Championship.

From season 3 onwards, interleague action will be catered to using Champions League and Uefa Cup Competitions!

Got 3 games in this evening.

Goligo 1 - 5 G M E

Nalodo 0 - 3 G M E (Disconnection)

Bfassassin 0 - 11 G M E

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Goliago 1 - 5 G M E

could easily have been 10, and yet had I taken my chances I could have been 3 up before you scored your first :( so inconsistent!!

edited to add just played a 3-3 draw with peteemax....should have won but shot myself in the foot in the last couple of minutes!

P 13 W 3 D 3 L 7
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Lost to kromula
    Lost to v1rg1|
    Beat theContraceptor
    Beat MarkSRFC90
    Lost to neilhimself
    Beat BFassassin
    Beat TuneTuneTuner
    Lost to goliago
    Beat darraghjim
    Beat kilamangiro (4-3, again, what could have been a good game turned crap to due the lag)
    Lost to SuperCambo (1-3, completely stupid on my part. 2-1 down after 40 mins, I miss not one but two open goals in the space of 2 mins. A match I really should have won tbh)

P11, W6, D0, L5

I'm still online if anyone wants some games, competitive or otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Should do an FA Cup.

Would be fun:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Played 12, Won 7, Lost 5, Drew 0

neilhimself LOST
    goliago WON
    BFassassin WON
    G M E 27 LOST
    Deysha 3 - 2 LOST
    theContraceptor 2 - 1LOST
    MarkSRFC90 1 - 2 WON
    randomamez WON
    Kilmangiro LOST
    v1rg1l WON
    darraghjm WON
    alligatorOwine WON

Is tomorrow the last day of the qualifying? Because i'v tried to get some more games in over the last few days but the majority of the bottom half is never on so it is hard to get more games in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Goligo 1 - 5 G M E

Nalodo 0 - 3 G M E (Disconnection)

Bfassassin 0 - 11 G M E

Wow you seem pretty handy at it! Can ya tell me whats the best settings for assistance in the game?

Like manual shooting, semi, assisted etc?

Im decent at it but my shooting constantly lets me down....
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Hi all,
    I posted this earleir, but I want to post it again so everyboby can see it. The players in the qualifying league will make up the Serie A and Serie B divisions, which will begin in 2 weeks.

The qualifying league will finish next Friday if we have enough decent players. After that, I will post the list of players who are joining which league, in addition to the order in which players can pick their teams.

When picking teams, remember, each team can only be picked once, but you can still pick the teams that other people are using in the Premiership/Championship-in essence, teams are unique per league.

The team selection process will go on for 1 week and the league will begin on January 30th, and will run in tandem with the Premier/Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

MarkSRFC90 2 - 2 randomnamez

Cracking game, i hit the post and bar a good few times!

crackin game there against cashelman. scored the winner with 82 on the clock. got lucky though. Thumbs are killin me

neilHimself 3-2 cashelman

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

winston82 wrote: »
    crackin game there against cashelman. scored the winner with 82 on the clock. got lucky though. Thumbs are killin me

neilHimself 3-2 cashelman

Twas a very good game indeed, end to end stuff, I am not the best at defending though :)

two more wins for me today.

Think its 11wins a draw and a loss.

Played the top 5. Reckon I'd be top if I could play a loada more games but I can only get on for roughly six or 7 a week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SantryRed wrote: »
    two more wins for me today.

Think its 11wins a draw and a loss.

Played the top 5. Reckon I'd be top if I could play a loada more games but I can only get on for roughly six or 7 a week.

What team are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

played a game last night against another united player.

My god i was so terrible, was thinking i was scraping away with a 1-1 draw, then got done in the 92nd minute, shocking :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

then got done in the 92nd minute, shocking :(

lol, sounds like you "got done" in more ways than one if the goal was that late!

Axwell wrote: »
    What team are you using?

Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Interest in this seems to have died off apart from the players at the top. I was online last night, the night before and all day Saturday and Sunday and only got one game in as nobody else I haven't played was online.

Will be online for a couple of hours tonight betweeen 6-8.30 so maybe might get a game in there.

Have we enough players to form a league of interested bodies this Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Well I am already taking part in the Championship but if you see me online and havent played me yet then just send an invite. If I am not in another league match then I will play you.
    Thanks

Iago wrote: »
    Interest in this seems to have died off apart from the players at the top. I was online last night, the night before and all day Saturday and Sunday and only got one game in as nobody else I haven't played was online.

Will be online for a couple of hours tonight betweeen 6-8.30 so maybe might get a game in there.

I'll be looking at it tomorrow evening. The new league WILL go ahead, but if there are less players, then we can just go with a smaller league.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

Iago wrote: »

yeah i've noticed that alright, i was online last night for most of the night and there wasn't many people around, i should be online after 9 tonight for a game or 2 again, hopefully there might be someone online i havent played

I'm online now if anyone wants a game who hasn't played me.

Want to play loads of games tonight to go back top. Have loads of games in hand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm online now if anyone wants a game who hasn't played me.

Want to play loads of games tonight to go back top. Have loads of games in hand :D

I'll play ya now, if you're still on, not sure if I've played ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

MarkSRFC90 5 V 5 BenSFC

Very good game. I was terribly unlucky early on going 4v0 with some calamatous defending. A penalty got me back to 4v1 at HT followed by a lovely wee comeback and nearly knicked it at the end.

Very good player whoever he is.... I'm sure he'll agree I gave him a good game, can see many men being beaten by him!

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »
    MarkSRFC90 5 V 5 BenSFC

Very good game. I was terribly unlucky early on going 4v0 with some calamatous defending. A penalty got me back to 4v1 at HT followed by a lovely wee comeback and nearly knicked it at the end.

Very good player whoever he is.... I'm sure he'll agree I gave him a good game, can see many men being beaten by him!

Many a man have!!:(

Advertisement