Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards Qualifying League 2 - New Players

Options
  • 31-12-2008 5:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    This league is open only to players who have not played in Boards Season 1.

With the number of players wanting to play in the Boards Fifa 09 league, I have started a new qualifying league in order to find out which players should be in the Premiership, which should be in the Championship and which should not get in at all.

Here are the details...

Name: Boards Qualifying 2
    Abbreviation: bql2
    Password: hwga

The league will last until Friday 9th January. So if you are serious about joining the league, you need to get 10-11 games played over the next week or so.

The rules are as follows...

-You may choose any European club team, and teams are not unique. So pick the team you use regularly and give it your best.

-Once registered, do not play any other player until at least 8 players are signed up, or until I give the word. This should be early this weekend.

-Each player will play each other once.

-Don't bother wasting my (and other players) time if you are going to be playing like an ass, taking out the last man, quitting games or have intentions of giving up the league if you suffer a few losses. If I find any reason to believe you are going to be a problem, you wont be invited back. I don't care if you win the league...if you act like an ass, you won't be invited. Simple as.

-If you have a problem with a player, PM me with details. It's confidential and is the easiest way to stop a problem player getting into the main league.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    We have only 5 new players signed up...make sure you register your team asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

My son has the Xbox, is it ok for him to sign up. I use the PS3

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I sent you a pm with my details, if you could put me into this that would be sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

You basically sign up yourself just search for the league and then put in the password and your in. All you need to do then is pick your team.

thecivvie wrote: »
    My son has the Xbox, is it ok for him to sign up. I use the PS3

What age is he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

OK, that is no problem. Will search for a league for him

Join Ireland Weather Network

cool doing that now, ill be hanging around online today if people want matches

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Is it ok to start playing matches once there are 8 players?

Yeah, I'm prety sure there is 8 now!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Kromula(I think thats the name) invited me to a league game today - good game really close I shaded it 1-0 somewhat fortuitously.

• Advertisement

Yeah was a good game, ruining my chances, shoulda put some away good game

Two more games played

Last one against an Ash. Manchester United 6 - 1 Chelsea
    Was a bit one sided, I think 3 goals in 5 mins in the first half ended it. Good spirit to keep on playing and grabbed a goal before Ronaldo sealed it with a cracker.

Another game against kalimjaro or something, I was 1-0 with about 20 mins of gametime left when he disconnected and I got the win.

Thats 2 wins 1 loss for me so far. Having good fun :)

Sorry to the lads who sent me (G M E 27) invites earlier! I was just having a quick game before dinner but I will be on from around 10 onwards tonight if anyone wants a game then.

Just played my first game with ash.
    It was 2-1 defeat for myself but it was an enjoyable game.

how many go through in qualifying?

I'm having more fun playing boardsies then normal people, finding it way more fun, better games and more skillful

Played three games as Arsenal.

Lost 4-2 to Liverpool.
    Was losing 1-0 to United when my Internet exploded.
    Drew 2-2 with Chelsea.

great fun as another poster said, but my defence has been well and truly shown up for the shambles that it is.

how many go through in qualifying?

I'm having more fun playing boardsies then normal people, finding it way more fun, better games and more skillful

Well I really don't want to tell a good, honest, decent player that they cannot join, so I'm going to try to accomodate all such players. We have about 10 spaces to make up 32 but thats the minimum number I'd like.

im popping back on now in a few mins to try play some more league matches

Ash 1 - 4 G M E 27

G M E 27 0 - 4 Kilamangiro

The scoreline was a bit unfair in the 1st match! It was 1-1 up until around 15 mins from the end.

I was well and truly beat in the 2nd match but had some chances that I didn't take. My defence was an absolute joke at times. Giving the ball away while in possession at the back usually means your punished with a goal!!

Ash 1 - 4 G M E 27

G M E 27 0 - 4 Kilamangiro

The scoreline was a bit unfair in the 1st match! It was 1-1 up until around 15 mins from the end.

I was well and truly beat in the 2nd match but had some chances that I didn't take. My defence was an absolute joke at times. Giving the ball away while in possession at the back usually means your punished with a goal!!

I think 4-0 in the second game was extremely flattering to me. There were plenty of chances both ends

I played another game as well, though i can't remember who it was against. I won 4-1, it was my first win of the league.
    I've played 5, won 2, lost 2 and drew 1. Need to kick on from here. I played terrible in the first 3 games and well in the next two.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

Played three games as Arsenal.

Lost 4-2 to Liverpool.
    Was losing 1-0 to United when my Internet exploded.
    Drew 2-2 with Chelsea.

great fun as another poster said, but my defence has been well and truly shown up for the shambles that it is.

that 4-2 with me was a great game

you went 1 nil up really early
    I scored 2 goals in about 30 seconds then you brought it back to 2-2 and you honestly had me on the racks for ages, I got a little lucky and then finished you off :P

Fun times

played our the league manager future/garak went to penos - alot of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Played ash and kilimanjaro, 2-1 i beat ash, and i lost by , i think it was 4-1 to kilimanjaro, is that right?

really enjoyable games. i suppose the nicest thing about playing boardsies is that if you disconnect we can ridicule you ;-)

im back on tomorrow night if anyone is up 4 a match?

I lost 4-1 I think it was to Kilamangiro as well.
    Im starting to regret picking athletico now :) there defence and passing is pretty poor :)
    Ah well ill struggle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭✭event

joined up, eventSecurity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

BFassassin wrote: »
    I lost 4-1 I think it was to Kilamangiro as well.
    Im starting to regret picking athletico now :) there defence and passing is pretty poor :)
    Ah well ill struggle on.

If I can give you a bit of advice on Athletico, a) swap around aguero and forlan (forlan much better as RS, with his left) and b) change the custom tactics to "High Pressure" which will close down a lot quicker.

I love playing with Athletico, but Villa are much more consistent.

Hope that helps!

BFassassin wrote: »
    Ah well ill struggle on.

I'm questioning my choice of team as well! Real have one of the best strike forces for finishing (RVN & Raul) but my God their slow so its hard to get into finishing positions. I'm even trying Robben up front to inject some pace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Can I join in to the qualifiers still? Please Please Please :P

Just got the game a couple of days ago but no time to play it yet, been busy in work. Might be able to get a few in tonight.
    Gamertag is: ZippyIJK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

I just signed up too, Gamertag: dannyodwyer

Delighted I have somewhere to play online where people dont quit. The past 5 matches ive played ive been winning and people have quit after the whistle was blown, so irritating.

Look forward to playing you guys.

Denarse 0 - 2 G M E 27

Virgil 2 - 3 G M E 27

• Advertisement

Denarse 0 - 2 G M E 27

Virgil 2 - 3 G M E 27

you should of beaten me by alot more.

Can't think of the name off hand but whoever was playing me as Aston Villa this morning absolutely demolished me 4-0 - I was in tears.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement