Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards Qualifying League 2 - New Players

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

lafors wrote: »
    Can I join in to the qualifiers still? Please Please Please :P

Just got the game a couple of days ago but no time to play it yet, been busy in work. Might be able to get a few in tonight.
    Gamertag is: ZippyIJK

There is no need to ask, simply join the league and away you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

might sneak on tonight for a game, but will more then likely be on sunday night

Was sitting top of the league when i last checked, granted I got two lucky wins

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Just joined Lads thanks
    Peteemax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

mayordenis wrote: »
    you should of beaten me by alot more.

Can't think of the name off hand but whoever was playing me as Aston Villa this morning absolutely demolished me 4-0 - I was in tears.

Not being big headed, but that was me :D virgil.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Had another game (technically 2) and relly didn't enjoy winning it 4-3 in the end, because we got disconnected midway through the 2nd half in the first game - and whoever it was I was playing had just come back from 2-0 down to be ahead of me 3-2 with a sublime chip from Anelka - no fun winning the second game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Balls, was away the weekend. Sick now so I'm in bed.

I'll join up tomorrow and get a load of games in.

G M E 27 5-0 Alligatorowine

Fair play to alligator for not resorting to dirty tactics after going a few goals down. A credit to the league!

Actually fcuk it, I'll bring the xbox upstairs, I'll be on after the NFL. Anyone looking for a game after 12 tonight I'll be on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

SantryRed wrote: »
    Actually fcuk it, I'll bring the xbox upstairs, I'll be on after the NFL. Anyone looking for a game after 12 tonight I'll be on then.

i'll try and get a game with you later

I'm on now if anyone sees this and wants a game.

Gamertag: Ben SFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

joined up last night, should be online for a few games tonight

Hi all,
    This league will be closing on Friday midnight so please get your games in as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I played Ben SFC today. He beat me (villa)4-2(athletico) but could have easily been more. he hit the post half a dozen times.
    My two goals were really lucky ones in the last 10 mins when milner got sent off for a tackle I didnt see anything wrong with tbh

mayordenis wrote: »
    Had another game (technically 2) and relly didn't enjoy winning it 4-3 in the end, because we got disconnected midway through the 2nd half in the first game - and whoever it was I was playing had just come back from 2-0 down to be ahead of me 3-2 with a sublime chip from Anelka - no fun winning the second game.

where both of the games league games? Does that effect the standings?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,034 ✭✭✭✭event

posted in the other thread by accident

ill be on later if anyone wants a game, after 6

anyone be around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Does that effect the standings?

If you get disconnected you automagically lose the game 3-0 no matter what the score is at the time. Happened me twice during season 1, so it does affect the standings. :(

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    If you get disconnected you automagically lose the game 3-0 no matter what the score is at the time. Happened me twice during season 1, so it does affect the standings. :(

but you don't replay the match do you?

but you don't replay the match do you?

Nope, afraid not. It really does suck but nothing can be done about it.

Maybe a good solution for EA would be:

If you are winning and you disconnect, you can replay the game. If you are losing and you disconnect, you lose 3-0 (or by the scoreline you were actually losing by if your opponent was more than three goals up).

Lost connection twice when I was winning games because my connection dropped and got an auto loss. Pretty stupid, why would you quit when you are winning a game, lol. No big deal but it was a pain in the ass at the time.

event wrote: »
    posted in the other thread by accident

ill be on later if anyone wants a game, after 6

anyone be around?

Yeah I will be. Played one game earlier against BFassasin.

Good game. I won 4-2. Scored after 2minutes and that really put me in the driving seat. Had Milner sent off for nothing when I was two nil up though.:confused: Made for a very open game but I've never hit the woodwork so many times in a match:pac:

The only way we can settle disconnection disputes is that each player is responsible for their own connection. if you lose a game because of it, the result stands. The server can identify who quits so that player gets the 3-0 loss.

Only thing we can do I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Only thing we can do I'm afraid.

Yep, even though it rides me sometimes its the only way we can do it. Otherwise there'd be bitching (guy who was awarded the win is unlikely to agree to a rematch I guess) and if you were to replay games outside of the league it'd mean the actual table would be very screwed up and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

just joined there GAMERTAG - neilHimself
    ...will be on for most of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,034 ✭✭✭✭event

im on now, if anyone wants to challenge

think there was an error with my NAt, should be ok now though

also, after inviting someone to a game, how long should you wait?

G M E 27 2 - 0 Neillhimself

Good match! The 2 teams defences were superb through out and the game could have went either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

sorry event, was in a game when u sent me the invite.. lost of course to ben sfc 2-1. Good game though. Will be back on around 11 tonight

Beat neilhimself 2-1. 2 wins out of two for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Just signed up there.

MarkSRF90 is the gamertag. I'll give someone a game now??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Im online now as are a few others. The rest are in games so im all alone if anyone wants a game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

MarkSRF90 4 v 2 G M E 27

Good close game and a good start for moi!:)

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »
    MarkSRF90 4 v 2 G M E 27

Good close game and a good start for moi!:)

And I lost to Eventsecurity 3-0 but its because my connection went around 30 seconds into the match! :(

Advertisement