Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Have 21 on the cards tomorrow, not sure what time I'll be free but will try and get there for ten too.(first timer)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

menoscemo wrote: »
    Saturday 4th
    Papal Cross Car Park
    Time : 9am
    Pace: 9.00 minute miles

TBW: 18-20 miles

If you can loop back about 10am, I'll join you for 10 miles..

Yep I'll loop back at ten as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

What route do you guys take? I’ve to 18 miles at some stage tomorrow. I thought the park might be a bit too small for such a distance and slightly put off heading to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Skidrow

what sort of pace you planning ? I'm looking for someone in the 10:30-11:00 mins barcket.
    Plan on 14 miles on Saturday starting at 8 or 9am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    What route do you guys take? I’ve to 18 miles at some stage tomorrow. I thought the park might be a bit too small for such a distance and slightly put off heading to the park.

There are loads of loops in the park (and Just outside). We usually do loops of 6 or 7 miles, dropping back to the car park for a drink every hour...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I'll be about tomorrow at 9, have 20 miles on the plan.

Must have missed ye by only a minute or two, pity. Found it tough out there today, hot!!

neilc wrote: »
    Must have missed ye by only a minute or two, pity. Found it tough out there today, hot!!
    thats a shame. We did hang around for a little and there was no one left in car park when we got going at 10 or thereabouts. Next time. Heat didn't make it easy for an LSR alright!

thats a shame. We did hang around for a little and there was no one left in car park when we got going at 10 or thereabouts. Next time. Heat didn't make it easy for an LSR alright!

Just looking at my garmin there it was actually five past before I was off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Anyone around tomorrow morning will be doing a longish run in pheonix park. 12 miles aprox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

shels4ever wrote: »
    Anyone around tomorrow morning will be doing a longish run in pheonix park. 12 miles aprox.

Myself and Vader_MLK are doing about 20-25km this evening @ 5:30 starting from near the zoo if you're interested?

Saturday 18th
    Papal Cross Car Park
    Pace: 9.00 minute miles

TBW: 18-20 miles

I'll loop back at 10 for anyone starting at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Motor races on in Phoenix Park this weekend, I don't know if you'll be able to run there
    http://www.phoenixparkmotorraces.ie/

RayCun wrote: »
    Motor races on in Phoenix Park this weekend, I don't know if you'll be able to run there

Sometimes I'm pretty stoopid. I saw them setting that up earlier in the week. Completely forgot

Cheers Ray

I'll do my LSR closer to home

Looking at the map, that's only on a small circuit up around the castleknock gate/farmleigh. Surely the rest of the park will be open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

belcarra wrote: »
    shels4ever wrote: »

Myself and Vader_MLK are doing about 20-25km this evening @ 5:30 starting from near the zoo if you're interested?
    Sorry just seen this now was working late so wasn't able to make it. If your doing it another day mid week let me know

Looking at the map, that's only on a small circuit up around the castleknock gate/farmleigh. Surely the rest of the park will be open?

I don't know. They're closing a bunch of roads
    http://www.phoenixpark.ie/newsevents/title,20899,en.html

I don't know. They're closing a bunch of roads
    http://www.phoenixpark.ie/newsevents/title,20899,en.html

That looks fine. Roads only closed to vehicular traffic and only those roads/gates at the north of the park. There is no problem entering via Chapeilizod/ main gate/North Road Gare and getting to Papal X.

The closed roads will actually make it easier to run and we might even get up close to the races to provide a welcome distraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Saturday 18th
    Papal Cross Car Park
    Pace: 8.30

Claralara - 10 miles
    Digger - 10 miles

Sounds like TBW won't be there?

Our plan is 10 @ 8.20/30, 6 @ 7.30, 4 @ 8.20/30 for anyone who fancies a sadistic Saturday morning session...

Saturday 18th
    Papal Cross Car Park
    Pace: 10 miles @ 8.30; 6@ 7:30; 4 @ 8:30 (20 miles total)

Claralara
    Digger
    menoscemo

I'm in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I've to do 15 tomorrow, might tag along for the first ten and then split off and do a few slower ones.

Assuming I figure out how to get to the Papal cross in the morning! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

claralara wrote: »
    Saturday 18th
    Papal Cross Car Park
    Pace: 8.30

Claralara - 10 miles
    Digger - 10 miles

Sounds like TBW won't be there?

Our plan is 10 @ 8.20/30, 6 @ 7.30, 4 @ 8.20/30 for anyone who fancies a sadistic Saturday morning session...

Can you bring my present please. :P I'll be at magazine fort/somewhere around the pitches at 10:20/30ish.

Edit: Also, your maths is a bit off. 10 + 6 + 4 = 20 miles not 10 miles. :pac:

That looks fine. Roads only closed to vehicular traffic and only those roads/gates at the north of the park. There is no problem entering via Chapeilizod/ main gate/North Road Gare and getting to Papal X.

Yeah, I was running around there this morning. Most of the park is fine, it's just Ordnance Survey/Furze/north Chesterfield that has pedestrian barriers around it. The four-way junction at Furze/Ordnance/Upper Glen is all closed off, so you can't do a loop around the Furry Glen and Upper Glen Road. The rest of the park is grand.

But you might have trouble getting parking...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

But you might have trouble getting parking...
    Do you reckon I'll be able to get to/park in the Papal Cross?

I'd say so, If the car park is full there are always cars parked up both sides of the Acre's Rd. Worst case scenario you will have to park in Chesterfield Av.

Are you joining us for a few miles?

_As far as I could see_ the roads are open to get there, and the car park will be open. But the motor racing event starts at 9, so it might be full? Parking at the War Memorial gardens and jogging over could be a safer bet...

_As far as I could see_ the roads are open to get there, and the car park will be open. But the motor racing event starts at 9, so it might be full? Parking at the War Memorial gardens and jogging over could be a safer bet...

The Instructions for the motor racing event is for spectators to park at the Ashtown Gate but to preferably take public transport.

There are literally hundred of spaces up and down the chesterfield Avenue should the car park be full. there are also plenty of spaces on the north Rd, Garda HQ. I can't really see the papal X car park being full. I'll take the risk anyway.

you were warned :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdXeM_0wbuTKRiJU7fMW1exW3tWbl5sIW9vRbYkE9G_j4jiQFB

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'd say so, If the car park is full there are always cars parked up both sides of the Acre's Rd. Worst case scenario you will have to park in Chesterfield Av.

Are you joining us for a few miles?
    Well, the plan is to hit the park at 10am and do a couple of easy miles before doing a stretch at ~6:14/mile. Then meeting up with some of the other lads, to do some further miles at that pace, with some sections at around 5:50/mile. 9am is just way too early for me! Some of us don't have young kids any more!

• Advertisement

Well, the plan is to hit the park at 10am and do a couple of easy miles before doing a stretch at ~6:14/mile. Then meeting up with some of the other lads, to do some further miles at that pace, with some sections at around 5:50/mile. 9am is just way too early for me! Some of us don't have young kids any more!

We generally loop back to the carpark at 10am for drinks ;). You can join us if you want for a few miles anyway...we should have 7 done by then so the plan would be 3 @ 8:20 and 6 @ 7:30 pace

Advertisement