Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to World War 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Gareth37 wrote: »
    The wars up until the last war will probably be mostly in middle east. USA and antichrist countries from Europe and Russia will prosper until the final big one.

You will soon see other countries join in and then other wars.

What you just said is completely unrelated to what the person you quoted said.

I really don't think you'll be happy until you see the world end and everyone suffer.
    Let those with eyes open them and those with ears keep them open and free from mud.

Me thinks you should take some of your own advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Gareth - I forgot to congratulate you on your photographs of JC and the Mammy - I didn't know they had digital cameras back then. Oops guess that was probably blasphemy so I'll probably burn too! Don't forget to get back on the medication tomorrow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Laugh and mock all you want.

Let those with eyes open them and those with ears keep them open and free from mud.

When you see great cities in ruins you will know the time is close. Even this country may be shook by earthquakes and there will warnings galore that will be put down to "global warming".

I know it is a long time away, but what would happen for you if this was all baloney?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

This is not a conspiracy. Why can't this CT forum be like the other ones? IE: UFO's, reptilians, 2012, 9/11, global warming and all that other crap. If I wanted to hear all this jesus **** I'd go to mass.

I can confirm that Gareth 37 is on to something. (I am from the future).

Naw, none of your other predictions came true :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Is it not kinda racist to claim Obama is the Anti-christ when the anti-christ is obviously Cristiano Ronaldo.

AMIRITE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

I can confirm that Gareth 37 is on to something. (I am from the future).

Ah yes, the man from the future, who uses this amazing ability to post on bands and music.
    Gareth37 wrote:
    The wars up until the last war will probably be mostly in middle east. USA and antichrist countries from Europe and Russia will prosper until the final big one.

Do you lack basic reading comprehension skills, we're on the cusp of the worst recession since the second world war. Every day these last few days another company goes bust. Retail, retail mind you, are announcing they are going to receivership during the busiest time of the year.

Suggesting that the Anti Christ is about to usher in a decade of economy prosperity right now is like telling people three months ago, that the future is in banking and oil stock.

right lads, dont let Garreths Religious ffervour distract us form the main issue here

Teh Israelis are bombin the snot out of palestine, they have declared tha this is the time to fight.

You do realise that hamas has launched dozens of rocket attacks on Israeli settlements in the previous few days.

Hamas broke the ceasefire here.

also most tellingly the Israeli Minister for WAR has said that Hammas cannot continue on its path if it wishes to 'live near' Israel.

It's a complicated issue, but suggesting "Israeli bad, Hamas Good" doesn't help the situation.

now Pardon me if I dont feel the utmost o sympathy for a regieme that has a huge hitec army and is bombin the **** out of a people it has forced into a ghetto

Which is almost a fair point. However simple question do you think if the roles were reversed and Hamas had the "hitec" (sic) army, it wouldn't be using the same technology to launch devastating which a much higher death toil among Israelis?

Simply put do you really think that if you offered Hamas a straight swap for their Grad rockets for F16s would they wouldn't use them to the same devastation.
    and places a stranglehold on supplies getting into that same ghetto.

Did you miss the point that the Israelis opened the border crossings a few days ago?
    dýa think this might just be Obama's big test?

Yeah Israeli thought that they'd pee off their biggest ally before his inauguration just to see what he's made off.

Look I'm not saying I defend Israeli, in fact a friend of my wife is missing a sizable chunk of her thigh from an Israeli sniper, it's just this one sided bashing of Israeli and Jews is just ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

anyone want to discuss this ???
    ----

Garreth I am waitin for Bokey or Miju to check back in, then we Might take action, inthe meantime how about you cut down on the preachin,

C'mon man, you must have some theories about UFO's maybee you have an idea about who killed Kennedy.

but could you please try to post a therad without the Religious overtones.

there isa section inthe charter about makin the natives restless, I have observed a few of your threads and some people have shown a lot of restraint so far.

NB Lads restraint must be maintained or ye will be banned too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

^^ Oh look now its changed to an actual debate. Sweet.

Did you see that documentary on the journalist (hes dead now) who covered the action in the Gaza strip during der troubles? I recall one of the horrible moments was footage of him getting his head near torn off by a large rubber bullet.

It was a couple of years ago, I cannot remember his name now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

there isa section inthe charter about makin the natives restless, I have observed a few of your threads and some people have shown a lot of restraint so far.

NB Lads restraint must be maintained or ye will be banned too

I agree, but im starting to get a bit pissed too tbh. This is trolling IMO. Restraint isnt the word for it. :pac:

Delighted ya'll are doing something about this joker. TY.

<
    Edit- look at the postcount.

• Advertisement

when discussing Israel and Palestine there aretow very important names

Sabra
    &
    Chatilla

http://www.countercurrents.org/pa-fisk180903.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

There are those that believe the "immaculate conception" which appeared to those people in places like knock fatima and lourdes was the devil in cognito, i **** you not. but that is a discussion for another thread.

Is what happening in israel/palestine the beginning of world war 3? hardly? Israel has been using palestinians for target practice for nigh on fifty years, and radicals in palistine have been doing the same to the israelis.

The closest we probably came to all out world war 3 was when Saddam tried to drag israel into the gulf war back in 1991.

The closest we probably came to all out world war 3 was when Saddam tried to drag israel into the gulf war back in 1991.

*cough* cuban missile crisis *cough*

MC wrote:
    when discussing Israel and Palestine there aretow very important names

Sabra
    &
    Chatilla

There are many important names. The "Massacre" of Jenin is one example. This was only a few years ago, and we were told to expect a death toil of thousands, and wholesale Israeli slaughter of Palestinian civilians, women and children. Nothing of the sort occured.

This is a war. Both sides are using propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Its akin to me slapping you in face and then you killing me and my whole family, and not only claiming justification of your actions but being supported by your big brother the judge.

Are you suggesting that the first rocket fired is the root cause of the trouble ?

2. Nobody suggested Hamas were "good".

Of course they would, but the worlds reaction would be different, presumably yours would too.

Did you miss the point that the Israelis opened the border crossings a few days ago?

To allow some supplies in. - http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=29422&Cr=palestin&Cr1=

A Crime against humanity according to a UN human rights investigator. - http://www.democracynow.org/2008/12/17/days_after_calling_israeli_blockade_of

http://www.unmultimedia.org/radio/english/detail/64444.html

Bad PR when innocent people are starving to an uneccesary death.

He'll understand, after all in Obama's words “There is not a single trace of me being anything more than a friend of Israel and a friend of the Jewish people".

Genuinely sorry to hear about your family friend. However, your whole post defends Israel, don't know why you felt the need to apologise for it.

Is "one sided bashing of Israelis and Jews" as seen here by you anti-semitic behaviour?

ok ballsed that up, apologies to all especially Diogenes. will fix in a minute try to at least

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

WELCOME TO WORLD WAR 3

"when you hear the air attack warning.... you and your family should take cover"

Forgive me if i dont stock up on Canned food and Water.

[

This is a war. Both sides are using propaganda.[/quote]

Please see the fourth Geneva Convention - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Geneva_Convention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

Its akin to me slapping you in face and then you killing me and my whole family, and not only claiming justification of your actions but being supported by your big brother the judge.

No it's not. It's more like you looking over the wall while I'm having a barbeque and then pulling a gun out, closing your eyes and shooting randomly into my garden. At that point I'll send every piece of sh*t I have back over the wall and then I'll kill you and your whole family and justify it, quite rightly, as self defense.

The Israelis are a nation of people who, as a race/religious group, have been persecuted for years; and who have elected successive governments who all have the same policy of not taking crap from the scumbags next door. Innocent people die when scum start lobbing bombs over walls. It works both ways. But Israel has the right to defend it's people from whatever hostility is aimed at her.

OK ets look at another situation andyoutell m what ye think

Japanese Whalers V Sea Shepherd

so the Sea Shepherd fellas disagree withwhat the Japanese Whalers are doing andthe international community tut tuts at the actions of the Japs but dosent make any real efort to intervene

so the Sea Shepherd become environmental activists/terrorist depending onour POV

now the Sea Shepherd boyos have upped the ante by throwing Bottles of acid onto the decks of the Whaling fleet, tis only a matter of time before someone is injured or killed this year, someone died a while ago from a fire caused by the Sea Shepherd lads nailing a plate of steel over the outley from the flensing deck

so are the Japanese justified in responding to these attacks

would mounting a .50Cal on the Bow of the Nishan Maru and strafing the deck of the Steve Irwin be an appropriate response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

My answer to this would be a reluctant yes. If I'm out fishing in my boat with some friends and some guys come over in their boat and start doing something that could most likely endanger our lives i.e. attacking us .... well, see my previous post.

Don't play with fire if you don't want to get burnt. Hamas have no doubt what will happen when they attack Israel.
    Israel left it to the Palestinians to sort it out, and it didn't get sorted. The Palestinians need to take a look in the mirror if they really want to stop this nonsense. It's too easy for them to blame the big bad Jews ... again.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

What the crap is this rubbish doing here and why are people even talking about this one?

IF op wants to spout this crap then go to Christianity or some other fv<k*** thread and proselytise!"

@XJR most of us dont feed the Troll, by acknowledging the pointlessness of The OP you encourage it

sorry lads, hit the wrong button, completed post is below

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

@XJR most of us dont feed the Troll, by acknowledging the pointlessness of The OP you encourage it

back on topic

OK lets look at it in yet another way,

lets say my family has owned our land for centuries, happily farming it and living in relative peace and prosperity

then the council decides to CPO a chunk of my Dads Farm and give it to some Refugees

my father objects but the courts overrule him, so we get some new neighbours.

things go swimmingly at thestart, but the new neighbour is not happy withthe size of his lot, so at night he keeps sneakin the fence a few inches into our property, after a while we begin to notice that not only has he snuck the fence further into our property he has also completley fenced us in and placed checkpoints on theroads into and out of our place.

then the new neighbour starts openly seizing sections of my Dads farm, we call on the rest of the parish to help us stop this and he calls on his cousin from overseas who also happens to be heaily ARMED.

THEY KICK US AND THE REST OF THE NEIGHBOURS AROUND
    So you then lob grenades over his wall into his kids playground?

Funny thing about the real world: It's not black and white.

back on topic

OK lets look at it in yet another way,

lets say my family has owned our land for centuries, happily farming it and living in relative peace and prosperity

then the council decides to CPO a chunk of my Dads Farm and give it to some Refugees

my father objects but the courts overrule him, so we get some new neighbours.

things go swimmingly at thestart, but the new neighbour is not happy withthe size of his lot, so at night he keeps sneakin the fence a few inches into our property, after a while we begin to notice that not only has he snuck the fence further into our property he has also completley fenced us in and placed checkpoints on theroads into and out of our place.

then the new neighbour starts openly seizing sections of my Dads farm, we call on the rest of the parish to help us stop this and he calls on his cousin from overseas who also happens to be heaily ARMED.

THEY KICK US AND THE REST OF THE NEIGHBOURS AROUND and ultimatley end up with more or our land

at this stage My children have been born into what is basicly a refuge camp, Refuges on our own LAND, they get angry they see the progress being made by the neighbours wh have industry and infrastructure andthey wonder why noneof it is happening on their farm.

ultimatley they get angry, very angry, they protest, theyshout, they lobby the rest of the world for support, but hey this other neighbour has some very influential friends and our voice issilenced or ridiculd or our words are twisted against us.

he gets angrier, he takes up arms against his oppressor

his oppressor then turns this against us by saying
    'look how these savages atack us, w no longer feel safe', a one sided arms race begins

ultimatley my son has no other weapon to use but his life, he straps 5KG of Semtex to his chest and wanders out of the ghetto, into the bustling heart of a modern city with its clean streets, itswell maintained services, Public transport, utilities, affluence, he feels righteously embittered and he takes his retribution on those that support the system which has oppressed generations of his family

on the flip side,you are one of the new neighbours,you dont like the older inhabitnats and are told that they are UnterMenschen, you do not disagree with this, you hear reports of rockets being fired at people you know somewhere nearthe border, but rarely any fatalaties, you serve yor time in the local neighbourhood watch, you are as surprised as anyone else when one of the kids from the farm next door walks up to you in a Cafe and explodes, what did YOU ever do?

You analogy is a gross oversimplification.
    Not all Palestinians feel they have to blow themselves up. (Hamas use most rocket attacks as far as I know.)
    Not all Palestinians argee with Hamas.
    Not all Israelis argee with the government without question.
    Nor are they Ignorant of the country's history.

What about the people on both sides and outside the country calling for peace talks?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

ignore the elphant in the room

what a pile of piffle

Not all Palestinians or Israelies feel any urge to stop the violence either.

Not all Palestinians or Israelies feel any urge to stop the violence either.

And then those people bomb civilians. And everyone lives happily ever after.

Not like it's a horribly complex situation that won't be solved by bombs or anything.

EDIT: Also way to counter a accusation of oversimplification with further oversimplification. Nice.

WhaLofShi wrote: »
    No it's not. It's more like you looking over the wall while I'm having a barbeque and then pulling a gun out, closing your eyes and shooting randomly into my garden. At that point I'll send every piece of sh*t I have back over the wall and then I'll kill you and your whole family and justify it, quite rightly, as self defense.

The Israelis are a nation of people who, as a race/religious group, have been persecuted for years; and who have elected successive governments who all have the same policy of not taking crap from the scumbags next door. It works both ways. But Israel has the right to defend it's people from whatever hostility is aimed at her.

Or, you cut off my water supply, my electricity, torch my vegetable patch, I now can't feed my family, you have dehumanised me all my life. I have naturally grown to hate you. I don't want to harm you personally, but I despise everything you stand for, and equally you me. sorry, now I really am waffling, ignore that part.

The point that stood out was "I'll kill you and your whole (INNOCENT) family and justify it, quite rightly, as self defense."

The Israelis are not a religous group and have been persecuting for years.
    http://www.geocities.com/savepalestinenow/internationallaw/studyguides/sgil3.htm

"It works both ways" I couldn't agree more, therefore Palestinians have a right to defend themselves also, and with that mindframe the Israelis, particuraly the pilots in jet fighters killing militia and civilian alike are also "scumbags"?

and as you say innocent people are dying. from Reuters - "The Palestinian toll from the onslaught rose to 335 dead and 800 wounded, medical officials in Gaza said." and "Four Israelis have been killed by rockets since the offensive began Saturday."

Also from Reuters, I hate to trivialise death, especially murder of innocents but I feel it is necessary to point out the massive differential
    . this folding couch has killed 25% as much as Hamas rockets have in the last 7 days.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSL0919437820080709

• Advertisement

simplification is thekey to gaining an understanding ;)

like this simple graphic
    pal_map.jpg

Advertisement