Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Football v Grosvenor Lane: The Rematch of the Rematch

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

I think we kind of lost continuity early on in the beginning of the second third. The roll on roll subs helped for fitness but I think they cost us more than they were worth in terms of keeping shape. Compare this to the previous game where we had a bare 11 players and one or two were swapped around. Everyone knew where they were playing and developed a decent understanding with the players they had to work with; this time the back line for example changed about 8 times in the second two thirds. It's tempting to blame Keith for this but with the best will in the world you can't keep everyone happy and manage the team and play at the same time.

Obviously it's tough to give everyone equal playing time when you have 15 or 16 players but I think it would be better to guarantee everyone 60 minutes and just make changes at the end of each third. 14 players would be better than 15 or 16, that would mean only 3 changes at a time and 5 people would play all 90 min.

Definitely up for playing again, almost any time is good. I'd like to play some different teams too if someone knows people who can arrange it. I know some guys who have teams we could probably also arrange a friendly with but tbh I think they would all be a cut above Jeff's team and there wouldn't be much point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Im sure we can arrange a game against the soccer forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

bohsman wrote: »

someone else organise it, i'll play (up front!!! :p)

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lies

QFT, I'm having a ****ty day and got a bit over enthusiastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Well I think we were a bit better in the first third. Theres been some good points about the subs, its a problem we constantly have with our 6 a side league. Either roll players on or off with all the problems that that entails, or leave people off for all or most of the match, and have them threaten to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Aye, I'm trying to organise a team from the Soccer forum atm.
    I'm a UCD student so could maybe get this pitch cheaper if there would be interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Frisbee wrote: »
    Aye, I'm trying to organise a team from the Soccer forum atm.
    I'm a UCD student so could maybe get this pitch cheaper if there would be interest?

Ye no doubt there would be interest here in a game, we are quite a disorgainsed and lazy bunch though so id say it'd be a case of giving us a time and date and we'll be there with a team

Trippie wrote: »
    Ye no doubt there would be interest here in a game, we are quite a disorgainsed and lazy bunch though so id say it'd be a case of giving us a time and date and we'll be there with a team

Aye that's what I'm trying to work out. It seems the best way to do it because there will always be someon who can't do a certain day. Don't wanna just pick a day, we'll have to try and organise something that suits as many people as possible

Aye that's what I'm trying to work out. It seems the best way to do it because there will always be someon who can't do a certain day. Don't wanna just pick a day, we'll have to try and organise something that suits as many people as possible

This would be a pyrrhic exercise. Just pick a day and people will be there.

Cheers Frisbee, there are probably around 30 players available to the poker forum so it really is a case of set a date that isnt obviously inconvenient and both sides should have no problem getting a team together.

• Advertisement

Cool, looking at your threads I see you played Sunday.
    I assume a Sunday is ok for you guys then?

Yea, Sundays not too early should suit most.

Yea, Sundays not too early should suit most.

+1
    I'll say it to the lads and see what they say anyway

This would be a pyrrhic exercise. Just pick a day and people will be there.
    Cheers Frisbee, there are probably around 30 players available to the poker forum so it really is a case of set a date that isnt obviously inconvenient and both sides should have no problem getting a team together.

How does Sunday 18th February sound if I can get the pitch for then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Presume this meant to be january

Trippie wrote: »
    Presume this meant to be january

Whoops.
    Yeah January sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

well thats me out. i'm away 17th-24th. good luck lads

In.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Play it in February!!!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Play it in February!!!

We can do another one in February...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

we'l play again in feb

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yis better :mad: :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yis better :mad: :D

Pinkie promise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hey poker lads.

:)

I'm sure some of you are aware, if not all of you, that Boards.ie has it's own organised football team.

We are called Boardeaux, and we play in the Astro.ie 11-a-side League. Here's our dedicated forum.

At the moment we are halfway through our fifth season (We started in September 2006) and have progressed steadily over the last two and a half years.

There are Summer and Winter Leagues, so around mid-february we will be recruiting again for the Summer League.

If any of you are interested in joining up, get in contact with me, either via PM or on our forum there, we always welcome new players, and will have a few pre-season games organised to have a look.

If you think you are interested, and think you might improve our current squad, give me a shout.

We play at the "Social" level at present, there is an intermediate, and a high level also, and we are currently in a position in which we might potentially win our division.

Anyway, just thought some of you may be interested, if not, no harm no foul, but if so, then don't be shy.

:)

Advertisement