Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Football v Grosvenor Lane: The Rematch of the Rematch

Options
  • 23-12-2008 2:39pm

Since Semibluff nominated me to get the team together I think another thread is the best idea so anyone interested in playing PM with your number and your position (preferred -might not be where you play) and I will stick a team sheet up ASAP.

So far confirmed are:

Kayroo (Keith) CB/FB
    Trippie (Gordon) CF/RM
    Carfax (Steven) ?
    Semibluff (Donal) CM*

So get the names in sharpish lads and if we get 13-14 Jeff assures us we'll have a game.

EDIT: Roundtower, Sikes and Jackyback all said they would play in the other thread but I won't speak for them until I get PM's just so we can be sure of numbers. Also is Reggie gonna be around for this? I think he said he'd be back

*I assume Donal is on for this since he nominated me to organise it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Al said that we can get another game in soon. I'll look into confirming a date with him later.
    ditpoker wrote: »
    if we can get 12-13 i'm sure my team can get 11 no problem for the 28th.

If that's not on then keep me posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

I want to play - but it depends on the date.

28th I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

I want to play - but it depends on the date.

28th I'm in

Me too, can only make the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Ill play. If we have enough we should do a boards on boards game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

inski rm if possible, btw got a loan of a kit so we can at least look like a real team:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

inski rm if possible, btw got a loan of a kit so we can at least look like a real team:rolleyes:

Excellent, hate wearing them bibs when there's a strong wind a blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

We dont have to wear the entire liverpool kit do we fran? I think id feel a little ill if that was the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Trippie wrote: »
    We dont have to wear the entire liverpool kit do we fran? I think id feel a little ill if that was the case.

no your safe i would not force that on anyone, choice of norwich or ac milan style kits.........

no your safe i would not force that on anyone, choice of norwich or ac milan style kits.........

The Milan ones will do nicely, the norwich yellow is hard to pull off with my hair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Im inski-will play anywhere.

Reggie can play on the 28th. I think Kev Maloney wants to play as well (not confirmed). I can almost certainly get other players as well if needed. Is there no chance of the planned boards 11 v boards 11 taking place? I'll play any opposition, but it would be more fun playing a fairer game!

i think we could get the 11 v 11 game going that was planned earlier. Maybe we could have jeffs team on standby depending on the numbers?

Im pretty sure we could beat G Lane with maybe three or four more players. Boards V boards would be banter also but considering we struggled getting 12 players 24 could be a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

im in on the 28th. preferably play midfield. would also prefer a boards only game.

Was it my imagination or was lloyd the best keeper we had for the previous game?

Was it my imagination or was lloyd the best keeper we had for the previous game?

The first guy was decent but that was more so down to not being worked very hard and being able to kick it out unlike the other lads who in fairness weren't really bothered which is understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I might be up for a game depending on the date... and Lloyd is a fairly good keeper, always found it tough to score against Grosvenor when he was in goal

roryc wrote: »
    I might be up for a game depending on the date... and Lloyd is a fairly good keeper, always found it tough to score against Grosvenor when he was in goal

For now we are doing this based on the idea that we are playing Grosvenor on the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Cool well put me down as a maybe for the moment, will play if ye are stuck...

• Advertisement

Currently confirmed players for the Boards XI:

Kayroo
    Carfax
    Jbravado
    Sikes
    thechamp87
    Reggie
    Trippie
    Hectorjelly
    Jackyback
    The Chopper
    Roryc is a maybe

Kev Maloney and Theresalwaysone are likely to be in there too which gives us 11 already. A few subs so we can switch people around between turkey induced heart attacks would be nice.

Darragh, if you can grab a couple of the lads from your regular game (assuming we are short players) we'd be grand.

Just so people know, I have NO idea how to book the venue so somebody else will need to look into the pitch you guys used last time.

Just so people know, I have NO idea how to book the venue so somebody else will need to look into the pitch you guys used last time.

Tried UCD and they are all closed up till Jan 3rd so any suggestions for an alternate venue are appreciated

Just play the same pitch-Raphelas?

jbravado wrote: »
    Just play the same pitch-Raphelas?

Anyone know how to get that sorted? I wasn't involved in the last match at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

first guy > lloyd >>>> other guys imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i'll see our manager and most of our team (and lloyd) this evening, will get a definate yes or no off them then. our manager sorts raphaela's cant see it being a problem.

re goalkeepers, u had two GL keepers, 15 mins each. then our mate ste. then lloyd.
    the second GL keepers was probably top 3 keepers in ireland at u18, we just never tested him. he played centre back with me for most of it.

if u do get 24 for boards v boards, happy days, but i cant organise my team only to be told we're not needed. i'll find out later...

ditpoker wrote: »
    i'll see our manager and most of our team (and lloyd) this evening, will get a definate yes or no off them then. our manager sorts raphaela's cant see it being a problem.

re goalkeepers, u had two GL keepers, 15 mins each. then our mate ste. then lloyd.
    the second GL keepers was probably top 3 keepers in ireland at u18, we just never tested him. he played centre back with me for most of it.

if u do get 24 for boards v boards, happy days, but i cant organise my team only to be told we're not needed. i'll find out later...

We defo wont get enough for a boards v boards game Jeff. Just go ahead and ask your lads. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

u forgot semibluff on that list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'm up for this, I am a utility player (anywhere put, less of the ball the better though)

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote: »
    I'm up for this, I am a utility player (anywhere put, less of the ball the better though)

and we have our keeper

Advertisement