Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have never been so ashamed to be Irish

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jrodd

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't. I went once cuz I felt obliged to.
    I thought you were supposed to hate txt spk

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

i think you would be better off in Boston, and your sense of humour must have stayed there to. as what the bouncer said deserved a smile at least. you sat there for an hour before leaving why??? if you were so disgraced and ashamed of the irish if course something like this would never happen anyhere else in the world would it...or maybe they jusyt wouldnt piss n moan bout it you got your 15 euro back, buy a pair of slippers

shivkk06 wrote: »
    i think you would be better off in Boston, and your sense of humour must have stayed there to. as what the bouncer said deserved a smile at least. you sat there for an hour before leaving why??? if you were so disgraced and ashamed of the irish if course something like this would never happen anyhere else in the world would it...or maybe they jusyt wouldnt piss n moan bout it you got your 15 euro back, buy a pair of slippers

Yeah OP you talk about your life being in danger because you were in the dark???
    In America you can legally own a sawn off shotgun and a silenced automatic machine gun.
    I think you were safe enough tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

i think you would be better off in Boston,

Yay! *puts another tick on the board*

Jumpy wrote: »
    Yay! *puts another tick on the board*
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The fact that the OP decided he was ashamed of his nation over a place that had lights out, being over-charged, thinking little of the cops and Irish people, means that he basically gave away his right to be an Irish person lightly and cheaply indeed.

I would be ashamed to be Irish if we as a nation set about exterminating a whole culture based on religion, belief, place of residence or trait.
    I would be ashamed to be Irish if we as a nation if we didn't give to charities the world over to help our fellow humans, animals and environment.
    I would be ashamed to be Irish if we as a nation killed, murdered or slaughtered and let our own die of starvation and cholera...

...but to be ashamed of ones nation that is at the end of the day, minor immaterial issues in comparison to the larger more important issues, frankly, if the OP gives away nationality so cheaply and easily for so low a reason, he don't think much of it and I will take his Irish nationality off him gladly.

HE DON'T DESERVE IT! :mad:

As your heading back to Boston OP, please leave your Irish passport at the departure gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buynow

FFS there is not much difference between any western countries.

The OP had a ridiculous over reaction to something. And he was comparing a big city to a small one. I'd guess stuff would be similar in smaller US cities or towns.
    It started the whole thread off in a spiral. But the reaction to it by trying put Ireland on a pedestal is equally ridiculous.

I live in the US and is the same as Ireland, service in general is the same, I have had good and bad here. Same **** in the shops, same brands, same TV, same movies, cars work roughly the same, go to work everyday, go home watch the simpsons, eat dominos it is all the damn same. You'd expect a little more variety after moving 4000 miles (Maybe I should have gone to China).

There is more differences between different states and counties here than there is between Ireland and the Boston (No you can't own silenced machine gun in boston, parts of texas probably require you to).

So arguing over some minor stuff is stupid, it like arguing over which shade of green makes one blade of grass better than the other.

Biggins wrote: »

As your heading back to Boston OP, please leave your passport at the departure gate.

*tick..taptaptaptap* stupid pen has run out

*gets new pen*

*tick*

Anyone else for the "Typical Irish Response" board?

Go on... you know you want to.

me please jumpy

• Advertisement

me please jumpy

I marked yours off already.

Jumpy wrote: »
    I marked yours off already.

thanks i think :confused: