Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should cyclists pay Road Tax & Insurance?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sean_K wrote: »
    Story wrote:
    only two stations in the entire city are authorized to sell bike licenses (Central Station, near Skid Row, and the Department of Public Safety, near USC)...and only at certain times (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)

Only in America would you be able to get any kind of licence at 8pm. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

blorg wrote: »
    Indeed, I almost had a car rear-end me once because I stopped on a RED that he was planning on breaking. He then proceeds to lean on the horn. WTF?

I was on the bike on the SCR recently, heading north at the junction with St John's Road and Con Colbert Road (N4). The lights turned red, so I stopped, only for the 4x4 (black Range Rover...wouldn't you know it?) behind me to stop, wait a second and then stomp on the revs, pull out around me, swing across me and turn left through the red light to head west out Con Colbert Road. What's more, he wasn't even indicating until he was about halfway around the corner. Eejit.

I'd say he was probably one of them pesky cyclists and just forgot he was in the D4 tractor and not on the bike... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Absolutely!!!

Motor tax should be scrapped and replaced with road tax which in turn would be based on vehicle class ranging from bicycles upwards. Of course, pedestrians shouldn't pay as walking is a natural right. Wheelchairs and any other small vehicle designed specifically to aid people with reduced mobility should be exempt. Of course cyclists should have insurance - they AFAIK are liable if they injure pedestrians etc.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You dig up a 9 year old thread to say that!

Please read the forum charter before posting again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement