Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volvo Ocean Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Think the private boats are being turfed out soon - Harbour Authority were putting "H" (Harbour) or "M" (Mooring) stickers on boats earlier.

Would be greatful if people could keep us updated and if they see any boats moving out to the moorings, or being towed out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

On the rooftop of my old apartment block now watching almost hitting the stage straight on..it is amazing! pics tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

on a lighter note, was just in at the civic reception. me and some friends were lucky enough to be invited to the reception and then got vip access under the stage. wonderful night and we were amazed to see Cowen himself at it. Loads of celebs about, I'll post a few grainy pics in a minute.

EDIT: Well 1 grainy pic anyway.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=80813&d=1243205767
    Seated left are Brian Cowen, Martin Cullen, Head of Volvo, Mayor and John Kileen himself (got the biggest cheer of the night).
    At the mic is Hector (cant spell his name) from TG4.
    Seated to right are seven boat skippers including Green Dragon.

and for a bit of irony, after all the fuss with yer man, they went and removed the glass from the top of the wall that TristanPeter was on about - too right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

KStaford wrote: »
    JohnCleary

I have just read this; I am saddened and sickened by it. My post to you was obviously tongue in cheek, but your response is incredibly nasty a blatant attempt at somehow identifying and or exposing me.

You have searched boards for my posting history and the worst you can do is to refer to the fact that I am looking for a poncho. Then you refer to where I lived and went to school, then you referred to my activities over the past year.

Ahh lads overreact much?
    And isn't a legal threat to boards an auto siteban?

Anyhow nice night for the opening lets hope the weather stays good.
    I liked the tenors with tuxs and life jackets, well safety first I suppose.

dloob wrote: »
    Ahh lads overreact much?
    And isn't a legal threat to boards an auto siteban?

Anyhow nice night for the opening lets hope the weather stays good.
    I liked the tenors with tuxs and life jackets, well safety first I suppose.

well how would you like it if someone did some homework on you and posted your life story all over boards in a nasty way ?

seriously , I'd love to know your answer to that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

well how would you like it if someone did some homework on you and posted your life story all over boards in a nasty way ?
    In all fairness it's information that you've posted here yourself.

On a more on-topic note I was down there myself late on Saturday night and the atmosphere was brilliant. It's also by far the best the docks have ever looked in all my time in Galway.

In all fairness it's information that you've posted here yourself.

On a more on-topic note I was down there myself late on Saturday night and the atmosphere was brilliant. It's also by far the best the docks have ever looked in all my time in Galway.

leeroy, and everyone, I am so sorry to have to keep bringing the thread down but I just need for you to be clear on this.

There was an issue between myself and third parties over copyright, credits etc on a piece of software that I developed. It had the potential to get quite serious. I have never posted anything about that online. It's a highly HIGHLY confidential matter. That is why what Cleary wrote is so serious. If he had done this to you - you would be fuming, f'n fuming as would anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

seriously , I'd love to know your answer to that

Dude... there's a link in your sig "kieranstafford.com" ffs... littered with pictures, etc. blah blah

The fact that JohnCleary did no more than look at your post history... is somehow libelous?

... I think this pic is appropriate.

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Dude... there's a link in your sig "kieranstafford.com" ffs... littered with pictures, etc. blah blah

The fact that JohnCleary did no more than look at your post history... is somehow libelous?

... I think this pic is appropriate.

ZorbaTehZ
    I refer you to post #370 above

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Relax guys.:) I just wish i was able to be in town tonight, great event for Galway, already being mentioned in Swedish tv as being the best port welcome so far.:cool:

• Advertisement

Have to say i didn't know what to expect this evening and was very impressed, looking down on the crowd and swan-boat with the tenors..looked great from where I was, and the music was lively, most of it anyway. I think Galway did well!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Jaysus, just back from a second great night in a row, the atmosphere tonight and all day was brilliant, the bars got busier and busier as the evening went on, didn't get to the stage area in time to boo biffo (the c*nt) but everything else was excellent. The tenors were really good too, really enjoyed the music. Here's to a flippin great fortnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

The repeated announcements at the end were a bit naff.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen please piss off home quietly. Thank You"

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

When do the visitin g boats race in Galway Bay.?
    Where are the best vantage points.?

When do the visitin g boats race in Galway Bay.?
    Where are the best vantage points.?

Been answered loads of times ;)

Next weekend, Saturday
    Red Arrows @ 12 noon, in-port racing after

Best vantage point, the prom

JohnCleary

I have just read this; I am saddened and sickened by it. My post to you was obviously tongue in cheek, but your response is incredibly nasty a blatant attempt at somehow identifying and or exposing me.

You have searched boards for my posting history and the worst you can do is to refer to the fact that I am looking for a poncho. Then you refer to where I lived and went to school, then you referred to my activities over the past year.

I didn't see your original post as it was edited by a mod, but i'll say this; Karma's a b1tch

You try to make a fool of me, you'll get the exact same thing in return.

As I said, you seem like a smart lad, maybe take it as a lesson learned? Do not do to someone what you wouldn't like done to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

KStaford and JohnCleary banned for off topic/arguing/need to cool off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Anybody heard the rumour that a big headline act are doing a surprise gig in Galway cos of all this Volvo business??

A few were talking about it last night.....BIG names mentioned too....

Can anybody shed any light???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Anybody heard the rumour that a big headline act are doing a surprise gig in Galway cos of all this Volvo business??

A few were talking about it last night.....BIG names mentioned too....

Can anybody shed any light???

Haven't heard anything but come on, spill the beans, what have ya heard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

cornbb wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything but come on, spill the beans, what have ya heard?

Just what I posted!!!

Does anybody know more??

Somebody mentioned U2....but I reckon thats a little far fetched.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭philboy

A big name band, that would be brilliant. I just hope I hear about it in time so I can get down there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I heard it's a showband from the 60s..

Radio1 just said that 100,000 people have descended on Galway, that can't be right can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Weren't U2 meant to come initially, then they thought the whole event would be a flop so pulled out, maybe they're having a change of heart now. Wouldn't be mad on U2 coming anyway, although the international audience would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

U2? I'd highly doubt it. Wouldn't mind it though. I'd go down to throw tomatoes at the smug arseholes. lol
    Probably going to be the Sawdoctors as usual. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'd take the Saw Doctors, keep this a Weeeesssssshhhhhht event and all.

I have to say I was surprised the Sawdoctors weren't already on the bill; I'm no massive fan at all and wouldn't care whether they were or not, but I suppose since all the bands are local/irish/the type gbfm play I am surprised...even Christy Moore, I thought he'd be playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Can someone let me know what's going on down the docks right now? Is it worth the trip? And what time are they finishing tonight?

thanks,

k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Anyone but Aslan!

god i hate Aslan!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Anyone but Aslan!

They're already on the bill to play next week, Thursday I think...

Crazy world or what... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement