Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

To be fair the last few have been in almost empty car parks so they're not really inconveniencing anyone, but that doesn't explain the pathetic attempts at parking.
    I really can't understand it.. it's like kids in a classroom when the teacher steps out for a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Jesus, why are people such inconsiderate retards when it comes to parking? It only takes a couple of seconds to straighten up ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Sids Not wrote: »
    Vevay Rd Bray yesterday..i'm sitting ,parked waiting for wifey, this yoke pulls in ,back doors open ,4 kids jump out and run into shops followed by the mother (i'm guessin the other 12 kids were at home in the caravan house..)

Theres a free space to my left and one directly in front of her car and theres a blue Audi blocked in behind her car....::knac......women..:rolleyes:

I can't tell if these people are parked obnoxiously or if you're having some sort of veiled anti-traveller rant.

If it's the latter, please edit your post asap as that kind of sentiment isn't welcome here.

If it's the former, I'm wondering how many spaces you were blocking as you took this photo....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Called into ivans on the way home, and in the food queue, i notice a paramedic. A noble profession, and well deserving of his dinner!
    I go out, and what do i see...

2iix1ko.jpg
    Yes i realise an ambulance is bigger then normal car, however of all the empty car park spaces to park over (and the footpath, a disabled spot?)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Could have been carrying a disabled person?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

phill106 wrote: »
    Called into ivans on the way home, and in the food queue, i notice a paramedic. A noble profession, and well deserving of his dinner!
    I go out, and what do i see...

You know this is an obnoxious post. I'd like to say something nasty about the poster, but that's against the rules.

I seriously think this is going too far, I'm off now to deliberately park on a disabled space .. you know parking a disabled vehicle is not a life an death situation.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Could have been carrying a disabled person?!

A disabled paramedic? Well no badge on the dash anyway!
    Other paramedic inside seemed able bodied, and also wearing uniform.

There was also a cop car parked over 2 lines, but with cops in the car, I didnt have the balls to take a photo of them :)

Oh and cop was getting a lovely dinner too. He Wanted extra beetroot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

gbee wrote: »
    You know this is an obnoxious post. I'd like to say something nasty about the poster, but that's against the rules.

If you've an issue with a post, report it.

gbee wrote: »

I seriously think this is going too far, I'm off now to deliberately park on a disabled space .. you know parking a disabled vehicle is not a life an death situation.

I disagree. My post was not obnoxious. Paramedics, like doctors etc are a noble profession, and they are entitled to their breaks. They are not however allowed to park over disabled spaces during those breaks. If it was a medical emergency, I would of course have no issue, But as i said, it was not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

img0870y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

phill106 wrote: »
    A disabled paramedic? Well no badge on the dash anyway!
    Other paramedic inside seemed able bodied, and also wearing uniform.

There was also a cop car parked over 2 lines, but with cops in the car, I didnt have the balls to take a photo of them :)

Oh and cop was getting a lovely dinner too. He Wanted extra beetroot.

As in a disabled passenger in the back? But seeing as they were on break (prob not)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Berty wrote: »
    IMG_0084.jpg

Ah man, that’s hilarious. Sorry but I couldn’t help but laugh. Jaysus, what is going through some people's brains when they do something like that !??!. Parking over TWO disabled spots, I wouldn't have believed you if I didn’t see the pic. Looks like my dad

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

ando wrote: »
    Ah man, that’s hilarious. Sorry but I couldn’t help but laugh. Jaysus, what is going through some people's brains when they do something like that !??!. Parking over TWO disabled spots, I wouldn't have believed you if I didn’t see the pic. Looks like my dad

Best photo on this thread so far.

So funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

well the thumb bit was funny but the rest of it is obnoxious.

Checked the number on the Ambulance...it isnt my Missus....in explanation you need to know that EMT stands for extra measures of tea....

UxxTF.jpg

...although I have no idea how you should park in Centra at lunchtime with a vehicle of this size... :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

ando wrote: »

He probably did it because he didn't even notice the markings on the ground.

People are that selfish and tied up in their own nonsense that they do things like that. I've seen it numerous times in the car park at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

He probably did it because he didn't even notice the markings on the ground.

People are that selfish and tied up in their own nonsense that they do things like that. I've seen it numerous times in the car park at work.

Yes I agree with this. There is a retail park in Limerick called Eastlink or something where B&Q is. Now when you enter the main car park there is a turn to right(which you cannot take) because its a ONE WAY. It has a solid white line and then broken white lines. It also has no entry written on the ground and Im sure there are signs with the arrow crossed out.

Yet people drive up the road. Sometimes when Im really bored and pedantic and collecting the missus around the corner I drive down the one way system on the right, to turn back into the car park and p*ss the idiots off trying to drive up the one way system the wrong way.

One auld one months back nearly got out of her car to me. :D

Now I have a Job I don't do that anymore. ;)

I have a beauty of a picture from the Regional Hospital in Limerick taken tonight of a clamped car at 5:30pm. It was still there at 20:45 tonight when I was leaving Hospital. I have another of the NCPS van staff parking all over the place. When I track down the iPhone lead I will put them up. Where the feck is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Tonight I seen the king of obnoxious parking, Eurospar Portlaoise

Parked in not one but two disabled spaces, the driver was in the van, the passenger was getting chips, neither were disabled and there were loads of empty spaces all over the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Bodhan wrote: »
    Tonight I seen the king of obnoxious parking, Eurospar Portlaoise

Parked in not one but two disabled spaces, the driver was in the van, the passenger was getting chips, neither were disabled and there were loads of empty spaces all over the car park.

Jaysus, what a horrible person to do that. Some good ninja photography too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Had to run into the bank, two cars nearly collided while she was away, This is a public road, not a shopping centre.

126444.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Report that one to the gardai!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Main St., Blackrock yesterday evening.

2vhubu9.jpg

Is that a space at all in Blackrock, because of the yellow box?

Not the worst I have seen if its a normal space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mailforkev

It's a disabled space, I saw no disabled badge on it as I walked past it on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Chippy01 wrote: »
    Take a look at this poster that I saw on a Maxol garage wall in Bray.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but at first it appears to says :(''Poor Ford driver boxed in by inconsiderate 4x4 driver.'':(

But look at the picture again.
    It's the Ford driver that has parked too close to the dividing line of a parking bay, and has effectively boxed himself in....:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what message the poster is supposed to give, or to whom, but it sure gave me a laugh.....:D
    If you look even closer you see a small white line under the SUVs wheels, at least I see one. So the SUV is too close.

I have pictures to upload. I will eventually get around to it when I find the damn iphone lead.

Anyway, last night at the hospital I saw a car clamped and 26 hours later the car was still there in the same position at the front door with the clamp still on it.

Now this is where it get weird. The NCPS guy comes flying along in the van parked next to it and dissapears into the hospital and comes back out, takes off the sticker, take off the clamp AND GETS INTO THE CAR AND DRIVES OFF. I said to security "Is that his car or what?"
    "Nope, he is just parking for the person who was admitted?"

Im no legal expert here but I assume NCPS do not have insurance to drive cars owned by members of the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chippy01

biko wrote: »
    If you look even closer you see a small white line under the SUVs wheels, at least I see one. So the SUV is too close.

Well god bless your eyesight! :eek:
    I never spotted that.........

Makes that poster even less educationally effective if you can't see the lesson clearly......................doesn't it?:confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Plenty of spaces in the car park beside him.
    126481.jpg

Phibsborough SC often has idiots entering the wrong way and then trying to figure out how to park, almost every time I used it I would meet somebody coming in through the exit.

..although it looks like they've removed the bollards opposite Maccy D's..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Berty wrote: »
    Im no legal expert here but I assume NCPS do not have insurance to drive cars owned by members of the public.

If it is not driven on the public road (i.e. it stays within hospital grounds), there is no legal requirement to have insurance. It does mean that if the security guy wrote off the car, the insurance would not pay out, even if covered fully comp.

Here's my one from today in Dundrum village near the Luas stop. Obviously, Vito's Handy Helper services as advertised on the side of the car does not include helping disabled people by leaving their designated parking space clear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement