Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

If it is not driven on the public road (i.e. it stays within hospital grounds), there is no legal requirement to have insurance. It does mean that if the security guy wrote off the car, the insurance would not pay out, even if covered fully comp.

...sorry, but incorrect, if you use the car where the public have unfettered access : car park (Dunnes, Tesco, multi-storey's, et al), you must have insurance. Hospital car park's are included.

If the security guy moved the car, wihout the owner's permission, technically, he's guilty of interference........which is an offence in itself.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We'll see about Euro Car Parks.

"Thank you for your e-mail. We will reply in up to 28 days."

NICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

If it is not driven on the public road (i.e. it stays within hospital grounds), there is no legal requirement to have insurance. It does mean that if the security guy wrote off the car, the insurance would not pay out, even if covered fully comp.

Here's my one from today in Dundrum village near the Luas stop. Obviously, Vito's Handy Helper services as advertised on the side of the car does not include helping disabled people by leaving their designated parking space clear.

Thats one young assistant he has!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Slaves to the white lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...sorry, but incorrect, if you use the car where the public have unfettered access : car park (Dunnes, Tesco, multi-storey's, et al), you must have insurance. Hospital car park's are included.
    I stand corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Here's my one from today in Dundrum village near the Luas stop. Obviously, Vito's Handy Helper services as advertised on the side of the car does not include helping disabled people by leaving their designated parking space clear.

Forget the parking... I see a young child moving around in a car with windows closed, sun shining in and no parent about!! That in itself should be reported to the guards.... its criminal of the highest order. fcuking plonkers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Forget the parking... I see a young child moving around in a car with windows closed, sun shining in and no parent about!! That in itself should be reported to the guards.... its criminal of the highest order. fcuking plonkers...

The father was in the car. I guess the glare from the sun is making him invisible.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Berty wrote: »
    We'll see about NCPS.

"Thank you for your e-mail. We will reply in up to 28 days."

NICE!

I'm not sure they'll rush to get back to you about them moving a hospital patients car for them having been given the keys.

What do you suggest they should have done exactly?

copacetic wrote: »
    I'm not sure they'll rush to get back to you about them moving a hospital patients car for them having been given the keys.

What do you suggest they should have done exactly?

Nothing. That's the point. Their protocols should be that if the person doesn't bother returning to their car to remove the clamp then there should be something written in the procedures to deal with that.

That could be towing it if its really blocking access and it is parked at the door of a hospital.

Here's the pictures.

This is Thursday evening at 5PM

IMG_0090-1.jpg

This if Friday evening at 5:45PM

IMG_0096-1.jpg

This is in the public car park.

IMG_0086-1.jpg

Yes this Corolla is REALLY PARKED THERE. No she is not in the shed paying for her parking. She is actually parked there as I sat in the car for around 30 minutes waiting for visiting times nearby.

IMG_0087-1.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Berty wrote: »
    Nothing. That's the point. Their protocols should be that if the person doesn't bother returning to their car to remove the clamp then there should be something written in the procedures to deal with that.

That could be towing it if its really blocking access and it is parked at the door of a hospital.

Or maybe they have a small ounce of common sense and when a patient apparently in an emergency left their car there ( and are then admitted) and can't move it they help them out?

'doesn't bother returning' hardly applies.

You are actually complaining that they helped a hospital patient out rather than your preferred option of leaving the car there or towing it? The mind boggles.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    Or maybe they have a small ounce of common sense and when a patient apparently in an emergency left their car there ( and are then admitted) and can't move it they help them out?

'doesn't bother returning' hardly applies.

You are actually complaining that they helped a hospital patient out rather than your preferred option of leaving the car there or towing it? The mind boggles.

Common sense is irrelevant here.(especially when being pedantic :D)

The car is not theirs and having permission to drive it(from the in patient) does not suddenly cancel out the legality of driving the car. Im sure that the employer Euro Car Parks(not NCPS as I previously said) would not be thrilled about him driving cars he is not insured to drive.

The car was there over 24 hours. If the person was well enough to drive their car to the hospital then they should have been mentally capable enough to sort the car out themselves and not wait 24+ hours for the employee to have to do it for them.

They more than deserved a clamp. They deserved the car to be removed at their costs.

Its far more than just obnoxious parking, its arrogant. I visit the hospital every single day of the week and sit outside and the amount of baboons that abandon their cars and dissapear into the hospital for ages is, as you say, mind boggling. That car was probably a good deterent.

You should not get special treatment just because you are sick. The only people who do not pay for their parking are people with disabled badges and they have their own car park, oddly a long way from the entrance.

I park my car legally every single night because there are AMPLE spaces to do it. Also there are many many cars in the public car park in the same spaces all day and night because they are patients. 1 rule for EVERYBODY PLEASE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭paddyland

There are some unbelieveable examples of bad parking demonstrated here.

However, there are quite a few silly examples, where somebody would appear to desperately want to be part of this thread, but cannot find any decent example of bad parking, so they post any old silly thing they can find.

A car abandoned on an exit road, at a stop sign, blocking an ambulance bay, on double yellow lines in a narrow street, straddling two disabled bays in a busy car park, all good examples of bad parking.

However, a car slightly straddling a white line at the far end of a deserted car park is not really a good example, and just clutters this thread with nonsense. Some of you guys seem to be trawling every deserted car park you can find just to fill this thread with rubbish. Where cars are causing a deliberate obstruction, that's what we want to see.

paddyland wrote: »
    Some of you guys seem to be trawling every deserted car park you can find just to fill this thread with rubbish. Where cars are causing a deliberate obstruction, that's what we want to see.

I did that for a few days just to p*ss Gers_punto off!!! It did p*ss him off too but then again he converted away from the dark side after finding himself on this thread over and over again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I plan on being a near obnoxious parker soon :D

I'm getting Carbon Fiber wings and a bonnet, so I won't want anybody hitting off the car like they usually damn do, and I'll be down the arse end of the car park where only the athletic park :P

Although I won't be taking up 2 spaces or any of that nonsense....just all the way over to one side in a corner spot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

paddyland wrote: »
    There are some unbelieveable examples of bad parking demonstrated here.

However, there are quite a few silly examples, where somebody would appear to desperately want to be part of this thread, but cannot find any decent example of bad parking, so they post any old silly thing they can find.

A car abandoned on an exit road, at a stop sign, blocking an ambulance bay, on double yellow lines in a narrow street, straddling two disabled bays in a busy car park, all good examples of bad parking.

However, a car slightly straddling a white line at the far end of a deserted car park is not really a good example, and just clutters this thread with nonsense. Some of you guys seem to be trawling every deserted car park you can find just to fill this thread with rubbish. Where cars are causing a deliberate obstruction, that's what we want to see.

i agree. far too many mundane bad parking pics turning up whereas its the OBNOXIOUS ones we want to see, the bad feckers who don't give a monkeys about anyone else or who are so truly incompetant that they should be put off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

We need an Irish one of those tickets, that's the best one I've read yet!

Okay its not crazy but this was 12pm on a Saturday in an incredibly busy car park.

IMG_0100.jpg

Guess where this guy was?

IMG_0099.jpg

In the fvcking bookies AND THEN he went into the Offie for a few cans. :rolleyes:

EDIT No I wasn't parked there. I was leaving a space and though I would take the snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

attachment.php?attachmentid=126678&stc=1&d=1283763765

Some top notch parking in east point.

It's not like this is a once off, this is every single day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

djmarkus wrote: »

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=126678&d=1283763765

reverse angle? both Beemers in the exact same places :)

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/samih1/4945162894_084e9fff0f_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

The van in the foreground of my pic proves it's a different day.

Waste of my time censoring the number plate then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

They should be PMW's - park me wherever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

ronaneire wrote: »
    They should be PMW's - park me wherever :D

ha good one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

djmarkus wrote: »

Yes, THAT'S how you park an X5!

If he owns the spaces and is paying a hefty rent for them then I reckon he can park whatever way he wishes? - and knowing East Point that's probably the case.

There ain't anything more annoying than getting your doors dinged whilst parked in your spaces that you paid for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

If he owns the spaces and is paying a hefty rent for them then I reckon he can park whatever way he wishes? - and knowing East Point that's probably the case.

There ain't anything more annoying than getting your doors dinged whilst parked in your spaces that you paid for.

Well, he should really be paying for three spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

IF he's paying for 3 spaces then that's fine. Otherwise I hope he dies in some freak accident involving his knob getting stuck in the door of his precious beemer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

parked perfectly centre...of 2 spots. blanchardstown shopping centre.

126741.jpg

Well, he should really be paying for three spaces.
    Maybe he is Mr Easto Pointo:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If anyone was in the pavillions on Saturday, then you would have seen some of the most scandalous parking ever (sadly no pics) :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement