Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Here From Ballinrobe?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah, it was 6 weeks ago (pics are dated 8/10), been on my fone since, completely forgot to post them until someone dug up this thread. Glad I remembered now as it shows all others not familiar with the town.

Besides that, his car is blocking a men at work sign, You can see he's blatently parking on double yellows, and not outside his premesis this time, but further down the hill where there are constant double yellows. There's barely room for two cars to pass outside his, definitely no room for even a cyclist when the Topaz lorry in the pic passes. Ignorance of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Besides that, his car is blocking a men at work sign, You can see he's blatently parking on double yellows, and not outside his premesis this time, but further down the hill where there are constant double yellows. There's barely room for two cars to pass outside his, definitely no room for even a cyclist when the Topaz lorry in the pic passes. Ignorance of the highest order.

Yeah, and taking pictures while driving is intelligence of the highest order. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

i dont think iv ever gone down that hill without that avensis bein there lol

Yeah, and taking pictures while driving is intelligence of the highest order. :rolleyes:

...and parking on double yellows blocking a men at work sign is ignorance of the highest order.

Why do You keep defending him? He has no regard for the law, he's illegally parked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

...and parking on double yellows blocking a men at work sign is ignorance of the highest order.

Why do You keep defending him? He has no regard for the law, he's illegally parked

I'm not exactly defending him, I just find your attitude towards it ridiculous. As I have said his being parked there actually slows down drivers which is only a good thing, especially if some people are taking pictures while driving up and down it. Also his parking there - for whatever reasons whether it be a dispute with the council or his own thickness - is in no way accountable for the traffic problems in the town. As for having no regard for the law, take a look at your own actions. Do you have complete control of your vehicle taking pictures while going up and then down that hill? The Green is at the bottom of the hill, lots of kids about crossing the road etc. and you are citing him for being 'illegally parked'? Oh my...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

There's barely room for two cars to pass outside his, definitely no room for even a cyclist when the Topaz lorry in the pic passes. Ignorance of the highest order.

Bull****
    You claim to drive for work in your early posts but say there is barely room for to cars to pass on a street which for years had cars parked legally from the bridge right up to infront of the Bookies and it did not cause as much of a problem.Even on RACE days.I really think you should go to your nearest carpark and practice driving between 2 cars. You can use the white lines painted on the ground as a guide to how much room you need in the real world rather than your imagination.
    You are also definitely not a cyclist as there is no problem cycling up the hill against a truck the GVW of an Oil Truck or the trailered Timber Lorries.

Oh and by the way will you keep moaning even more now when they put in the pedestrian crossing and you will have to stop and let people cross the road at the Ulster Bank.

There's room for two cars to pass alright, but in order to pass the Avensis on the way up the hill everyone has to cross the white line onto the other side of the road. Baffled as to how this seems an ideal situation to You and the others from the town :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

There's room for two cars to pass alright, but in order to pass the Avensis on the way up the hill everyone has to cross the white line onto the other side of the road. Baffled as to how this seems an ideal situation to You and the others from the town :confused:

Now here is the simple solution. As he is the only business on the street there is parking allowed outside, thats a given. So why do the council not finish the road surface and MARK the road so people can see this.

We are now waiting on our 2nd bypass plan in 40 years. Anyone who knows the town do you ever wonder why no Houses were ever built between the Old Church and Murphys and Kates Cottege on the Castlebar road, thats the origional Bypass route right thru the green area in Church View(the council did not leave that green area for the people of the estate). The new one was supposed to start in 2011 so hope of that.

We are now getting a Pedestrian Crossing after a 10 year campaign. And its only coming now because it was decided that every close shave or small accident would be reported with witness statements to the Gardai. Between jan and july 09 47 people were hit by cars crossing at the Ulster bank. Thankfully none involved serious injury. But thats what is taken to get the finger out down in Castlebar.

So why would the People of Ballinrobe be more concerned about you being held up for a few minutes due to what is bad planning and finishing of a some idea concocted in a room in Castlebar over one of our own having his business effected

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Issue with Avenis has been resolved finally. It's now safe to come through Ballinrobe Town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

what they do, double yellows all the way down?

• Advertisement

No they have cut out some of the path to create two short term spaces outside the door. The path is still wide enough for pedistrians and Mr Avensis has stopped parking his car there. All happy:)

Yeah, tidy job, passed there other day.
    Did they loose half the footpath for the parking spaces?

Now if only they could get the farmers to park right on mart day, besides abanoning their jeeps and trailers...............

Yeah, but foothpath there is wide anyway so there is still plenty of room. As for the mart area, I don't know anything that can be done to sort out that out. TBH I don't think people pay too much attention to that area, they just know to avoid it on certain days

Yeah, but its not just mart areas, its all over the town (or any town) on mart day. Farmers happen to be the most ignorant people on the roads, its rare they pull in to let building traffic pass, but thats for another thread.

Well done to MCC on finally finding a solution

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Zombie thread

closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement