Advertisement
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Comments

• Piste wrote: »
    Singing about vikings is the ultimate angst! Denmark have already apologised for the atrocities the vikings committed, why dwell in the past? :pac:

But the Vikings who attacked Ireland were from Norway.. I dont see those feckers apologising :rolleyes:

• Did we not have a bunch of Danish vikings too, and that's why Denmark apologised?

• Aaaaanyway, Blink 182 are great for those days of teenie angst. Although I'm pretty sure I've made that suggestion before.

• Piste wrote: »
    Did we not have a bunch of Danish vikings too, and that's why Denmark apologised?

From my understanding the Danes mostly invaded England, and the Norwegians invaded Ireland but from time they attacked each other in the countries they were invading so some Danes would have been in Ireland but not many... Anyway neither time nor place. Heres a song from a another Scandanavian (Sweedish though).

• From my understanding the Danes mostly invaded England, and the Norwegians invaded Ireland but from time they attacked each other in the countries they were invading so some Danes would have been in Ireland but not many... Anyway neither time nor place. Heres a song from a another Scandanavian (Sweedish though).

This is no way an attempt at 1 up but the original is faaaaaaaaaaaaar better.

• Advertisement

• Fad wrote: »
    This is no way an attempt at 1 up but the original is faaaaaaaaaaaaar better.

I like them both-two completely different takes on it and both very good.

• I like them both-two completely different takes on it and both very good.

NAH! your one is a take on the second............:p

They are hugely different I conceed, one sends me off to sleep if I listen to it in bed, one worries my parents if I play it aloud :p

• Whats that about Vikings?

• Teenage depression - Eddie and the Hot Rods

Anything by Dropkick Murphys, eg their cover of jailbreak.
    Somethin good an loud to get all that angst out

• the kinks- sunny afternoon- i feckin love this song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9KaI5T0zRw&feature=related

• Advertisement

• Hey lads and lassies, I know its over 15 years old but Black by Pearl Jam is possibly the best 'angsty' song ever, really good if your in a **** mood...or especially after a break-up! (believe me) :o

Enjoy... :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A9jPmHecRg

• My favourite track on Ten, good call :)

• Good old post-punk Interpol ;)

• That New Derry band Fighting With Wire

• Death by suffocation sockiffocation :pac:
    Lol kinky :D;) wanna help :P

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

I think it really connects to most people

• That New Derry band Fighting With Wire

Fixed

• Haha **** sorry,it does sound like it!!:eek:...i swear its not though!!

• It's got to be Viking.

One of my favourite bands. Amon Amarth and The Pursuit of Vikings

• Well, I'm officially bummed about turning twenty, in the past twenty minutes I've listened to Sea of Love and Wild Is The Wind by Cat Power, Home Town Glory by Adele, Into My Arms by Nick Cave and now I'm on On The Nickel by Tom Waits. Not soundtrack to my angst as much as soundtrack to my mini fit of sadness over saying goodbye to my teens. Oh god I'm depressed :(

• johnny cash- ballad of a teenage queen

• Advertisement

• DenMan wrote: »
    It's got to be Viking.

One of my favourite bands. Amon Amarth and The Pursuit of Vikings

Amon amarth are great,love fate of norns and with oden on our side.

Nothing can beat enema of state and take of your pants and jacket by Blink 182 when it comes to teenage soundtracks,pretty much all my friends know every word by heart. Usually someone will start singing one song and then suddenly everyone will have joined in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paibt-u1w8I

Can't forget Sum 41,all killer no filler
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKsQe31ApMs

• Nothing can beat enema of state and take of your pants and jacket by Blink 182 when it comes to teenage soundtracks,pretty much all my friends know every word by heart. Usually someone will start singing one song and then suddenly everyone will have joined in.

Every few months an urge comes over me to sit at my PC, open up Youtube and listen to every Blink 182 song I can find. Nostalgia ftw! :D

• Piano concerto 23 in A.....
    Yeah...Mozart fuels my mood swings >.>

• Judas Priest - Heavy Metal

• Pyr0 wrote: »
    Judas Priest - Heavy Metal

only put code after equals in:)

• Dont really like The Pixies, but that song was perfect for the ending of Fight Club, loved it!

• RHRN wrote: »
    Piano concerto 23 in A.....
    Yeah...Mozart fuels my mood swings >.>

The adagio just oozes angst.

• Advertisement

• easily one of the funniest take on angst I've seen in a long long time!

Half way through is amazing!

Advertisement