Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Mushy wrote: »
    He wasn't actually the bassist technically. He had a tryout with them, cos when DFA and QOTSA supported NIN(yes....imagine that on an arena tour:eek:), thats where they came across him. He auditioned, they really wanted him, but he couldn't do it:( Would have been insanely savage, and wouldn't surprise me if it happened at some stage(unless DFA re-form *heres hoping).

Was so very jealous of my friend a few weeks back. She was in London, texts me to tell me she's just walked out of an underground vinyl store in Camden, holding Desert Sessions 1 & 5, and is now off to see Sebastian Grainger!!!
    Still what a combo that would have been,thats the kind of bassist Queens need again.I doubt they will ever reform cause 1.they hate each other and 2.JFK is too wrapped up in his MSTRKRFT dance duo thing...I had a listen to Sebastians stuff and i like it!.His vocals are way better now that he doesnt have to drum as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Still what a combo that would have been,thats the kind of bassist Queens need again.I doubt they will ever reform cause 1.they hate each other and 2.JFK is too wrapped up in his MSTRKRFT dance duo thing...I had a listen to Sebastians stuff and i like it!.His vocals are way better now that he doesnt have to drum as well

From insider stuff on auditions, it definitely sounded tight.

Haha, they prob hate aech other not to play just like the Pixies....wait there, that wouldn't work. Blink 182...no! Only thing is they weren't big enough for big money re-union.

In general, another band I constantly listen to are Muse. Gotta love it!

From insider stuff on auditions, it definitely sounded tight.

Haha, they prob hate aech other not to play just like the Pixies....wait there, that wouldn't work. Blink 182...no! Only thing is they weren't big enough for big money re-union.

In general, another band I constantly listen to are Muse. Gotta love it!
    Id say so I dont like the new lad,there's something about him I dont like!!..Yeah they would never get back together for the money anyway they decided to end the band on a high-note..Yeah Muse are good..kinda bored of them though I think they're been raped music wise lately.

Id say so I dont like the new lad,there's something about him I dont like!!..Yeah they would never get back together for the money anyway they decided to end the band on a high-note..Yeah Muse are good..kinda bored of them though I think they're been raped music wise lately.

Mikey is kinda cool, his screaming is excellent, especially on Song for the Deaf(song, not album). Dead-on guy, but not sure does he contribute enough musically.

Yeah, whenever watching Sky Sports, all I hear are Muse tracks now(Hysteria or Starlight). Still, I just listen to live albums.

Mikey is kinda cool, his screaming is excellent, especially on Song for the Deaf(song, not album). Dead-on guy, but not sure does he contribute enough musically.

Yeah, whenever watching Sky Sports, all I hear are Muse tracks now(Hysteria or Starlight). Still, I just listen to live albums.
    Yeah like they really need a bassist who you can hear his influence through the songs.As for Muse well I think I just feel like they're going the down the same route as Biffy Clyro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

My band has a song up now.

Its what happens when I should be studying for Irish.

(About the profile itself, dont ask, jokes that should have ended in TY......

Fad wrote: »
    My band has a song up now.

Its what happens when I should be studying for Irish.

(About the profile itself, dont ask, jokes that should have ended in TY......
    Eh was that it?:confused:

Eh was that it?:confused:

A whole 4 minutes of hard graft. Its bits of the first 30 seconds of the 2008 Irish Aural, cut up, then looped, with me typing in the backround.

(I think it sounds "Better" with earphones in)

Fad wrote: »
    A whole 4 minutes of hard graft. Its bits of the first 30 seconds of the 2008 Irish Aural, cut up, then looped, with me typing in the backround.

(I think it sounds "Better" with earphones in)
    I was just disappointed cause i thought it was like an intro to a nice heavy screamo song!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

He wasn't actually the bassist technically. He had a tryout with them, cos when DFA and QOTSA supported NIN(yes....imagine that on an arena tour:eek:), thats where they came across him. He auditioned, they really wanted him, but he couldn't do it:( Would have been insanely savage, and wouldn't surprise me if it happened at some stage(unless DFA re-form *heres hoping).

Was so very jealous of my friend a few weeks back. She was in London, texts me to tell me she's just walked out of an underground vinyl store in Camden, holding Desert Sessions 1 & 5, and is now off to see Sebastian Grainger!!!

DFA will never reform, JFK is now in a cracking (and quite successful) dance/electronic band called MSTRKRFT (they're amazing) and he's stated that's what he's committed to now and won't be reforming DFA at any stage.

• Advertisement

Jello wrote: »
    DFA will never reform, JFK is now in a cracking (and quite successful) dance/electronic band called MSTRKRFT (they're amazing) and he's stated that's what he's committed to now and won't be reforming DFA at any stage.
    Yes I know that I do like MSTRKRFT but I much pre-fer DFA tbh!

OMG what a cool band!...http://www.batstheband.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Was watching Kiss of the Dragon last night and this song ended it for the credits and took me away, nice way to end a film at 12.30 when your pissed tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

george harrison- all things must pass
    brilliant album!

Enema of the State/Pants 7 Jacket-era Blink 182. Oh how I always have fun listening to them.

Weezer is another one listening to a lot lately.

And they are possibly touring together this year:D Prob America only though, and in the summer:(

Piano riff is awesome and sounds so good on acoustic guitar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Soundtrack to how I feel right now-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Digilatism, <snip>No discussion of MCD events means NO DISCUSSION OF MCD EVENTS</snip> Daft Punk, Damien Rice, Slipknot, Korn, Lilly Allen and for some reason Dido:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Muse, The Libertines, Death Cab For Cutie, Modest Mouse, Arctic Monkeys and other similarly non-dance stuff. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

(Smashing Pumpkins + System of a Down + Metallica) x max volume = catharsis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

*edit*
    So this is mine. Still not too sure on how to link youtube vids yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnr72gZlTzs

Emperor aren't as unbearably treble-ee as I previously thought them to be (Today anyway).

<snip>no discussion of you-know-who</snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Elbow, and I'm absolutely loving Crystal Castles atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I think I started out with limp bizkit. Deadly.

Quickly moved onto listening to Muse obsessively for about 5 years. Then I discovered other music - Radiohead,Sigur Ros,Brian Eno,The Beatles.

And now I've started listening to more ambient style things like Eluvium,Helios etc.

And there's always been a bit of dance thrown in. The normal Trance classic stuff and the Prodigy/Pendulum/Justice etc.

Soundtrack to how I feel right now-
    I'm sorry but lol!:p

I'm loving these at the moment

Argh got serious GAS for a acoustic guitar which is getting the better of me, 4 guitars isn't quite enough god damn it!

Anywho to coincide with my acoustic obsession for the next 2 weeks here's Trace Bundy enoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've seen references to events organised by you-know-who scattered around this thread. It doesn't matter if you don't name the event - mentioning it still counts as discussion.

Please read the sticky at the top of this (and every other) forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I've seen references to events organised by you-know-who scattered around this thread. It doesn't matter if you don't name the event - mentioning it still counts as discussion.

Please read the sticky at the top of this (and every other) forum.

I know you don't make the rules so I'm not critisising you but I personally think it's ridiculous that I got infracted for that comment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I know you don't make the rules so I'm not critisising you but I personally think it's ridiculous that I got infracted for that comment.

If you want to discuss it, PM me. Don't discuss moderation issues on thread.

Advertisement