Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge a Boardsie in aid of the SSF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Seeing as it's nearly Christmas I decided to go ahead and make my donation tonight to give the guys some chance to use it.

All y'all should still keep schtum about she who should not be named though. She's like the Lady Macbeth of this thread.

I'm watching you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I'm yet to see a naked man in this thread......

Not that i'm looking forward to it or anything...

or am i...?
    Yeah you are, go on admit it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

he is a scientist. always curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Seeing as it's nearly Christmas I decided to go ahead and make my donation tonight to give the guys some chance to use it.

All y'all should still keep schtum about she who should not be named though. She's like the Lady Macbeth of this thread.

You didn't have to post a screenshot you know. If you say you donated, we'll believe you. Very generous well done Hoss.

Stingy fecker probably photoshopped it. ;)

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    Anybody interested in an auction for SSF for the front page?

Do I hear €0.10?
    Saibh wrote: »
    Raise you €5.10

But you can give it to Terry <3BeingIN6th in honour of his own challenge

I presume there is no one else interested in this auction.

Saibh wrote: »
    I presume there is no one else interested in this auction.

I'm surprised even one person bid! :D I guess you win if there are no further bids within the next hour or so.

I'm surprised even one person bid! :D I guess you win if there are no further bids within the next hour or so.

Only because it is for the children :)

I will wait till 8pm this evening to see if there is any more bids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

You didn't have to post a screenshot you know.

There were questions over my sincerity when I proposed it so I thought it best. Plus it made me feel like a big man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ok, a new part of my challenge for the beers tonight (just thought I'd throw this in here too since we're short on time, hope nobody minds). Quotes from the bar in BGRH:
    orestes wrote: »
    100 and I'll shave them from the hip down, mach-fusion all the way :)

200 and I'll wax them, and I'll do it at the beers as part of the getting ready for the performance if Kharn is cool with it :)
    trout wrote: »
    Brilliant. Excellent. Right so ... I'll pledge 100 towards the wax ;) right now.

You could add this to the SSF challenge thread ... if it's not too late.

Didja see what I did there ? Pledge / Wax ... geddit ?

So, another 100 and I'll wax my legs at the beers, anyone wanna throw some cash in the pot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Right, pay up, people.

I did my bit.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Right, pay up, people.

I did my bit.

LOL, well done Tom. (rather you than me:))

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

As some of you may have spotted, Poster of the Year, javaboy, has been running a "Guess the Famous Smile Competition" in his sig in aid of SSF for some time now. The more eagle eyed amongst you may also have spotted that I've been updating my own sig in a "hilarious" take on this.

Well, I decided when starting to do that (yes, Mr. The Scientist, even before you started this thread) that the chuckles elicited would not be enough to re-align karmic forces in my favour, considering he was doing it "for the kids", and so, in a complete cack-handed misunderstanding of how karma works, I decided to buy my way back into balance by making a donation to SSF. No screenshot this time, but each smiley was sponsored at a cost of €10 (13 x 10).

Hats off to javaboy for taking my ribbing in his usual stride - he even encouraged me once or twice when I'd neglected to update my sig - and for completing the challenge (by not complaining) with ignorant aplomb! And hats off to all the other challengers and challengees too; good work guys.

Though why you want to send a Strike Force after Santa I'll never know.

Very generous Hoss. There's one last unsolved smile in the Smiles thread btw. I'll leave it as an open problem for the reader to solve. Thanks to all who participated although it didn't raise a huge sum it at least got people thinking about SSF.

Also "thanks" to whoever was responsible for me detaching from the internet long enough to pose at the spire. :mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Terry, have you posted the images yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I've not seen any , so I thought they might only be for other Mods to see.
    I do hope I am wrong.:D

Nope. No pics taken yet.
    I actually forgot about this.

I will do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

You forgot :eek: I wouldint have slept since the challenge if it was me!

Tell me you're gone on a crash diet and Gone for the auld Hollwood look. Might be a bit cold for it though :D

Always willing to wait for nekkid pics. No pressure.

Any update Terry?

• Advertisement

I completely forgot.

I will get around to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dude how could you forget that you have to get photographed naked by the spire?

janeybabe wrote: »
    Dude how could you forget that you have to get photographed naked by the spire?
    Get drunk every night and take some xanax the next day.

It's fairly easy really.

The tough part is getting someone to drive me into town and get someone else to come along and take the picture.

I'll get people when this Christmas bull**** is over and normal operations resume.

Get drunk every night and take some xanax the next day.

It's fairly easy really.

The tough part is getting someone to drive me into town and get someone else to come along and take the picture.

I'll get people when this Christmas bull**** is over and normal operations resume.

You better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

I'd say this can be unstuck now that the SSF has been wrapped up for another year.

Glad that it raised a few quid and cheers to all that played!

You are forgetting someone

/hint mod of AH;)

Friday night when most of my friends are drunk and one will definitely be sober and I've been released (hopefully) from jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

careful now*

You might forget.

again.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

:( Ah Terry- I'm disappointed.... You promised so much but have as yet delivered so little. One more time - - - -> :(

• Advertisement

I'd say this can be unstuck now that the SSF has been wrapped up for another year.

Glad that it raised a few quid and cheers to all that played!

I will have my revenge next time around. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement