Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many arcade pcbs for sale, home consoles too

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭an_turtar

Ok, I think I'll be getting the Vectrex stuff sent to me in Japan.

The Odyssey and light gun are in good condition, good meaning "good given that they're from 1972". The Odyssey itself is boxed and includes the instructions, overlays, games pieces (still sealed!), cables etc. I was never able to test it, basically because new televisions simply won't connect to it. It runs on batteries so no problem there, it's just that there are no lights, sound etc. to check if it works. You probably wouldn't want to run it anyway. The rifle's box is not great, bit damaged. Rifle itself is fine. For the two together I'd want 200 euro, if anyone's interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't suppose you'd consider a trade?
    I have a rather lovely NeoGeoCD here, with plenty of games, and a few "other" games too.
    It's boxed, with everything, only thing done to it is a little switch installed to turn it from region to region, so you can play pretty much everything in English, even the native versions of Fatal Fury and Aerowings.
    I would really like that Odyssey, go on, do a retro gaming brother a favour!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't suppose you'd consider a trade?
    I have a rather lovely NeoGeoCD here, with plenty of games, and a few "other" games too.
    It's boxed, with everything, only thing done to it is a little switch installed to turn it from region to region, so you can play pretty much everything in English, even the native versions of Fatal Fury and Aerowings.
    I would really like that Odyssey, go on, do a retro gaming brother a favour!

Unfortunately, I already have a Neo Geo CD, and I'm trying to sell that too! You don't happen to have any interesting Spectrum hardware or games, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Hi man
    I assume you have the full boardset for williams defender/stargates? (interface, rom, sound and cpu boards)

Any idea on the rom revision of the defender boards and operation condition?

I see the stargate boards are on hold but wonder if the defender boards are still available - (can never have too many spare bits...):p

Thanks and simply awesome collection btw!:eek:
    Aidan.

Hi man
    I assume you have the full boardset for williams defender/stargates? (interface, rom, sound and cpu boards)

Any idea on the rom revision of the defender boards and operation condition?

I see the stargate boards are on hold but wonder if the defender boards are still available - (can never have too many spare bits...):p

Thanks and simply awesome collection btw!:eek:
    Aidan.

I probably won't be selling either Stargate or Defender for a while, as they cost a lot and just recently had Defender repaired, cost a bomb. Anyway, yes, both games are complete and fully working. Defender's ROMs are green. I have a big JAMMA harness which works on both boards, I just need to reverse the controls part when switching.

I have a lot more PCBs now actually, bought 63 more since Christmas, sold 5 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

an_turtar wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I already have a Neo Geo CD, and I'm trying to sell that too! You don't happen to have any interesting Spectrum hardware or games, do you?

Any particular Spectrum stuff you're looking for? I bought a big lot a while back and can't get any of it to work. (All the units power up but no signal is appearing on the tv...at one point I got a very feint picture but that was it)

Came with quite a few expansion thingies. Not sure what any of them do. Big box of about 100 games too.

Could be all junk, I have no idea! Just wanted to relive my early Spectrum gaming days. Never quite happened though :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any particular Spectrum stuff you're looking for? I bought a big lot a while back and can't get any of it to work. (All the units power up but no signal is appearing on the tv...at one point I got a very feint picture but that was it)

Came with quite a few expansion thingies. Not sure what any of them do. Big box of about 100 games too.

Could be all junk, I have no idea! Just wanted to relive my early Spectrum gaming days. Never quite happened though :(

With the picture, I'm guessing that you need to carry out the TV modification here:
    http://womblesretrorepairshack.blogspot.com/2008/11/zx-spectrum-composite-video-mod.html

I did this to my Spectrum and it works over here in Japan no problem.

If you can give me an idea of the expansion stuff I might be interested. Just look for any names or id numbers on the stuff and I should be able to work out what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Cheers for the link! Will give that a go. Fingers crossed I can get something out of at least one of them.

Wont be home until sometime next week but I'll dig those expansion things out and give you a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

You don't happen to have any interesting Spectrum hardware or games, do you?

2 Microdrives and and an Interface1 ... with a bunch of Kempston joysticks ... and a bunch of games ... I've been meaning to dig them out and take a pic.
    I know I have Combat Lynx and most, if not all, of the Ultimate games.

I'll get into the attic and post back later on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I probably won't be selling either Stargate or Defender for a while, as they cost a lot and just recently had Defender repaired, cost a bomb. Anyway, yes, both games are complete and fully working. Defender's ROMs are green. I have a big JAMMA harness which works on both boards, I just need to reverse the controls part when switching.

I have a lot more PCBs now actually, bought 63 more since Christmas, sold 5 though.

Good on ya - good to see there's a few of us out there :)

Just shout if you are selling them in future.;)

• Advertisement

trout wrote: »
    2 Microdrives and and an Interface1 ... with a bunch of Kempston joysticks ... and a bunch of games ... I've been meaning to dig them out and take a pic.
    I know I have Combat Lynx and most, if not all, of the Ultimate games.

I'll get into the attic and post back later on :D

I'm mostly interested in these Ultimate games:
    Bubbler
    Cookie (ROM version)
    Gunfright
    Jetpac (ROM version)
    Martianoids
    Pentagram
    Pssst (ROM version)
    Tranz Am (ROM version)

If you happen to have any of these ones, please let me know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nope, just a boxed 16kSpeccy and a boxed 48kSpeccy, all rubbery and lovely!
    Not too sure about the games, will have to have a look.

Would still love that Odyssey though,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

With the picture, I'm guessing that you need to carry out the TV modification here:
    http://womblesretrorepairshack.blogspot.com/2008/11/zx-spectrum-composite-video-mod.html

I did this to my Spectrum and it works over here in Japan no problem.

If you can give me an idea of the expansion stuff I might be interested. Just look for any names or id numbers on the stuff and I should be able to work out what they are.

Was about to ask about audio when I remembered the Speccy 48k/16k used the onboard speaker for bleeps/audio :D

Nope, just a boxed 16kSpeccy and a boxed 48kSpeccy, all rubbery and lovely!
    Not too sure about the games, will have to have a look.

Would still love that Odyssey though,

Have you got pictures of the 16K Spectrum?

I'll have a look and get back to you, it may have a memory expansion in there as well, will have to ask my bro, as he bought it for me.

Have you got pictures of the 16K Spectrum?

The 16k looks the same as the 48k - same case, packaging etc

kerbdog wrote: »
    The 16k looks the same as the 48k - same case, packaging etc

They look almost the same, but not quite. Here's a picture of a 16K Spectrum:
    http://s206301103.websitehome.co.uk/sinclair/picts/spectrum.jpg

The keys are grey rather than blue, and most noticeably, the cursor arrows above 5, 6, 7 and 8 are different.

Quite a number of 48K machines had defective RAM and were sold as 16K machines, of course they look like any other 48K machine. Real 16K machines look like the one in the picture.

They look almost the same, but not quite. Here's a picture of a 16K Spectrum:
    http://s206301103.websitehome.co.uk/sinclair/picts/spectrum.jpg

The keys are grey rather than blue, and most noticeably, the cursor arrows above 5, 6, 7 and 8 are different.

Quite a number of 48K machines had defective RAM and were sold as 16K machines, of course they look like any other 48K machine. Real 16K machines look like the one in the picture.

Oh, i stand corrected sir :) Sure Ciderman will dig it out and have a lookie later on today maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Was just wondering if you come across many Wonderswan Color or Crystal games and consoles in Japan?

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Was just wondering if you come across many Wonderswan Color or Crystal games and consoles in Japan?

Yes, there are lots of them. I had one but sold it, along with Judgment Silversword.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Damn :/ I must have missed that. I have a Wonderswan Crystal and would like to get a few more games for it, maybe ones with as little Japanese text as possible.

Nope, my 16k is a crippled 48k, sorry....
    Also, some pleb glued a memory expansion on the back and now thats gone, so it's rather messed up.

Luckily, my 48k Speccy is nearly mint, and still lovely!
    Hoping to get an SD card adaptor for it that will avoid all those pesky loading times!

Nope, my 16k is a crippled 48k, sorry....
    Also, some pleb glued a memory expansion on the back and now thats gone, so it's rather messed up.

Luckily, my 48k Speccy is nearly mint, and still lovely!
    Hoping to get an SD card adaptor for it that will avoid all those pesky loading times!

I've just ordered a DivIDE adapter for my Spectrums, hopefully it will arrive this weekend. I've also just bought a Sinclair 128K, RGB cable and replacement keyboard membrane. They should also arrive soon. After that I just need my +2 and +3 sent over as well as all the other bits (printer, Multiface and so on) and I'll be all done.

Reviewing Z80 assembly language at the moment, hope to knock up some nice programs in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

This is the some of Spectrum stuff I have managed to keep ... there are a shedload of tapes in various locations, which I haven't yet identified ... that's a job for another day. I have managed to lose my box of joysticks.

In the picture is Spectrum+ and a 48K, along with Interface 1 & 2, a pair of microdrives, and a mirage microdriver ... if you know what that is, you must be as old as me :)

Random games in the background, more interesting ones in the foreground, including a Gold edition of Elite ... which includes the Novella, keyboard overlays and a poster ... mint condition, I've no idea if it's valuable.

The stuff on the bottom right is a bunch of compilers and editors, HiSoft C, Pascal and a compiled Basic. I have Forth and some assemblers and hex-editors as well.

Every game here is original, no copies or "mix-tapes" ;)

Sorry about the poor picture quality - I only have a crappy web-cam available to me right now.

picture.php?albumid=634&pictureid=4042

This is a real gem ... the ROM version of JetPac ... I love this game.

picture.php?albumid=634&pictureid=4044

If I ever get properly organised, or get a better camera, I'll take better shots and maybe catalogue this stuff ... if anyone's interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

2 x boxed sealed Atari games

1 x Cartridge

10 Euro?! Nice one antuartar, you are very much the man! :)

That rom of Jetpac is a real beauty, together with the necessary hardware, nice, you are a lucky man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Interested
    Is this the original or bobble bobble?
    Bubble Bobble (adaptor available for sale) Taito €140

cynos wrote: »
    Interested
    Is this the original or bobble bobble?
    Bubble Bobble (adaptor available for sale) Taito €140

Hi, that's already sold, sorry, it was an original board, yes.

Advertisement