Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous people you've met!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JoeDaToon

Gary Linekar Mark Lawrenson Manish Bhasin Gary Bright Gary Pallister Ray Stubbs Eamon Holmes Alan Shearer all on one day. sat watchin the football wit dem. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭howyanow

billy mcneil,henrik larsson,john hartson,alan thompson,neil lennon (great craic,sound as they come),paul lambert,stiliyan petrov,jackie mcnamara,denis irwin,steven gerrard,paolo di canio,mick mccarthy,jack charlton, gaybo,ray darcy,saw doctors(they count)sharon shannon,few of our past taoisigh and the biggest star of the lot....joe canning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

Piers morgan in las vegas last week,very nice and didn't mind having his photo taken with me and my fiance.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Met Jonah Hill and Russell Brand in JFK filming their new movie in July. Also met Diane Keaton in Central Park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Westlife a few times cause my mam knows Shane's brother and mark's grandparents.
    Bruce Willis in peurto banus
    Cilla Black sittin at table beside me in restaurant in spain
    Keith Duffy..sat in row infront of him on aeroplane!Him and his wife were lovely
    Jonathan Rhys-meyers.. met him loads times while working on the set of the tudors.Very full of himself!
    Shayne Ward was strolling down grafton street and he was lovely stopping for a photo with me.He wasnt too impressed after though cause then everyone else saw him!
    My uncle is Pat Spillane so ye see him all the time
    Met Ray Darcy,pat kenny...
    Think there a few more but cant think of them at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Who's Shayne Ward ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

weepee wrote: »
    Who's Shayne Ward ?

You're on the internet. Use Google. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

jane86 wrote: »
    You're on the internet. Use Google. :rolleyes:

Just did-thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Simon Cowell in London months back, was total sound, gave me an autograph and photo.

I then asked him to give me a deal but he said no :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Dublins number one celeb:

Brendan Kilkenny on mount street :)

Well, i didn't meet him but saw him (and crossed the road)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

My wife and her sister were staying in the golf hotel in Ballybunnion back in the late nineties the children were making a bit of a racket at 9pm when this man in a silk pyjamas and one of those things to cover your eyes while you sleep came out of his room giving out that he couldn't sleep with the racket. It turned out that he was that Fergie fella that done Tarot reading on RTE. Next morning they met Derek Davis and told him about yourman he had a good laugh about it and gave them his autograph with "hush Fergie sleeps" after his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Met gaberiel byrne at a graveyard mass once, then saw that film where he played the devil in it. Then went around for days saying i met the devil in a graveyard the other day, twas great...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭alibaba12

have met paul mcgrath, jason sherlock, jason mcateer & kenny dalglish

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Got stuck in a lift with half the Canterbury Crusaders when I was about 6. They're pretty damn big and scary! but were very nice to me seeing as I was pretty outnumbered!

Gotten kissed by 4/5 of elliot minor too.

Oh and I've hung out with Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) once or twice!

Oh and I served Daniel Day Lewis coffee and held his credit card! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Had a couple of beers with Liam Gallagher and his missus, the lovely Nicole...both dead sound

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

i met adele king in henry street

unfortunately with my impeccable timing i was flying low at the time

she told me "zip up your mickey"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I met
    Bono
    Dermott Morgan
    I saw Keith Wood
    Mary Mcaleese
    Bertie Ahern
    Terry quinn
    I saw Bob geldoff at the airport
    some Bollywood movie star:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

David Hyde Pierce from Frasier
    Robert Knepper, (T-Bag) from Prison Break
    Stephen Lynch, comedian
    Pete Bennett from Big Brother

I've spoken to Tom Green a fair few times, and met loads of WWE wrestlers over the years too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WinniePooFace

Most famous i met is Daniel Day Lewis... and he is a gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

I used to work in a pub which was beside a recording studio. Paul Weller (was lovely)
    The Beautiful South (great craic)
    And dinner and drinks with Tom Jones in Las Vegas (have to say a good laugh and not at all what I'd imagined)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

l used to work for Dermot Morgan....Fr. Ted
    Very funny man and generous too, you could say l was his mrs. Doyle.smiley_emoticons_teetasse.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Met Ian Wright at the Acropolis after the 2007 Champions League final. Top guy. Couldnt be nicer. My cousins phone was running out of power and acting up but Wright stood there for ages in the pissing rain with his arm around me waiting for the camera to work.

Met Isaac Boss after the Ireland A game in the MAldron hotel a few weeks back. Really nice guy and didnt mind our whole team pestering him for ages gettign phots and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

N Dubz, Cascada, Darren Styles, Infextious, Mini Viva, Ultrabeat & a few more :D Won backstage passes for Clubland.. Deliria :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The most famous person I have met is Bill Clinton when I was 11. I've also met Bill Cullen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lolwut

Saw Ann Coulter in an airport in the states, wanted to punch her in her stupid ****ing face

It's ok, she's not really a woman, or a person for that matter, biggoted witch more like

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lordnoah

I met The Saturdays! Very good looking girls. Anyone know them? One of them is Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Col!n

Dannii Minogue (I was in the audience of that old saturday morning kids show TX on RTE when she was a guest)
    Anne Doyle (In a pub she looks even more haggard in person)
    Bernard Dunne (In Stephens Green SC on the day of one of his fights a real sound lad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I met David Beckham when he was in Toronto playing with LA Galaxy, my friends were staying in the same hotel as the team and as they left for the match only residents were allowed in the lobby, 6 of us stayed there with one key card in front of us :D

He seemed very shy, barely looked directly at anyone, just smiled and small bit of chat.

I was standing so close to him that I could barely get a proper photo, all just serious close ups! One gorgeous one of him smirking, mmm... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sick_Dude

Wayne Rooney in a brothel in Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

Shook hands with Nelson Mandela.

Advertisement