Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous people you've met!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Pat Kenny
    Mary McAleese
    David Norris
    Johnny Depp
    Richard Bruton
    Christy Moore
    Mick Flannery
    Jade Goody
    Deirdre, Fred, Kelly, Lloyd, Gail, Bev all from Corrie
    Christiano Ronaldo
    Roy Keane
    Cork Hurlers
    Marty Morrisey
    Cyril Farrell
    Des Bishop
    Gerry Adams
    Mark Hughes
    Angela Lansboury
    Marlon Brando
    Sonia O' Sullivan
    Derek Mooney
    more but just cant think of them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Serena08

Bertie Ahern
    Bono
    Alex Higgins
    Miraim Ahern
    Brian Lenihan
    Ken Doherty
    Niki Byrne
    Cast of fair ciy lol
    Andy Black

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Enda Kenny
    Sean Kelly
    uh ah Paul Mc Grath
    Mick Galway
    Ronan O Gara
    Gooch Cooper
    Sean Og O hAlipin
    John GArdiner
    Eddie Jordan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

met heather graham once. She gave me a hug! Oh yeah!

I also met Stiffler's Mom! (Jennifer coolidge for those that don't know her real name) I even have a pic! :D

and I also met a very pissed Jason Biggs. He was so hammered t'was funny. Seemed like a nice guy tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Back in the 80's and 90's I worked as a dental nurse in London in a number of different practices, worked for the official dentists for the Arsenal team so I got to regularly meet lots of footballers from several teams. Now that was a nice job seeing all those fit males stretched out in front of me in a vunerable position :D

Also had plenty of people offering me money to "injure" footballers from fans of opposing teams. I could have made a forture ;)

Also got to meet a lot of celebs, well known people, sports stars, high profile people, astronaut etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

Barname wrote: »
    Calum who?

Calum Best...did you not see his post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 celebrity

Kings of Leon
    Denis Jr from Eastenders (can't rem his real name)
    Sonia O Sullivan
    Bob Geldof (at a film fleadh)
    Pixie Geldof (music studio in London)
    Lesley Ash
    Happy Mondays
    Ricky Gervais
    Jim Sheridan
    Tim Kash (party at his gaff - don't remember meeting him was told afterwards :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

That ginger one from the Afternoon Show
    Stephen Carr
    Richard Ashcraft (The Verve lead singer)
    And the big one..flying on a Ryanair flight :pac:...
    Larry Mullen Jr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 manera85

Hillary Clinton @ the fifth anniversary of 9/11
    Paddy Casey in Pagoda chinese take away in castletroy before a gig in the UCH he put us on the guest list
    Brian Cowen a few times ... mainly funerals - he's my local TD
    saw blackie connors from glenroe in shannon airport once and paddy cole outside departures at dublin airport a few years ago
    Jerry Flannery, Peter Stringer and Peter Clohessy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

cristiano ronaldo in l.a. and then loads of politicians irish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭GirlsAloud

I've met Nadine Coyle 3 times
    I've met Sarah Harding 2 times
    I've met Cheryl Cole 1 time
    I've met Nicola Roberts 1 time
    I've met Kimberley Walsh 1 time
    I have 2 fully signed Girls Aloud things
    I have a signed picture by Nadine Coyle of me with her
    I have a signed picture by Sarah Harding of a picture I took of her
    I've met Russell Brand once and he said I was sweet beautiful and cute.
    I have 2 Russell Brand signatures one saying ''Anna You're Cute <3 Russell xxx''
    I've met George Sampson once
    I've seen George Sampson dance live and he said on stage infront of thousands of people ''two girls got me flowers.. and it's just amazing'' pointing at me and sarah.
    I just got a message off Jennette McCurdy (for those of you that don't know, it's Sam offa iCarly) and she said she was honoured that I was an inspiration to her.
    Kimberley Walsh answered my question that I sent to her in a video online.
    I got an email read out by Russell Brand on his radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

GirlsAloud wrote: »
    I've met Nadine Coyle 3 times
    I've met Sarah Harding 2 times
    I've met Cheryl Cole 1 time
    I've met Nicola Roberts 1 time
    I've met Kimberley Walsh 1 time
    I have 2 fully signed Girls Aloud things
    I have a signed picture by Nadine Coyle of me with her
    I have a signed picture by Sarah Harding of a picture I took of her
    I've met Russell Brand once and he said I was sweet beautiful and cute.
    I have 2 Russell Brand signatures one saying ''Anna You're Cute <3 Russell xxx''
    I've met George Sampson once
    I've seen George Sampson dance live and he said on stage infront of thousands of people ''two girls got me flowers.. and it's just amazing'' pointing at me and sarah.
    I just got a message off Jennette McCurdy (for those of you that don't know, it's Sam offa iCarly) and she said she was honoured that I was an inspiration to her.
    Kimberley Walsh answered my question that I sent to her in a video online.
    I got an email read out by Russell Brand on his radio show.

did all this and made it home for supper

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Billy Connolly at a relatives wedding. He was sound, drinking a pot of Earl Grey tea!

Robbie Coltraine on a flight to Glasgow, thought his accent/voice was fab.

Bono a few years ago, at a work do hosted in the Clarence. We were finished the meal and having a few drinks and he came in to say hello and check if we had all enjoyed meal and hospitality. I kid you not!! Seemed sound but I was a bit pissed at the time..... My then employers were quite lavish when treating the 'staff':D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I was burning the ears off Alan Hughes from TV3 last night in Krystal after the awards:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭gussieg

my mother who is a font of knowledge at the best of times NOT, seems to think Jarvis Cocker is Joe Cocker s son . Is that right? And is James Morrison anything to Van Morrison? ha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 frapp

about 3 years ago was working in waterford in a very expencive house , outside there was a small cottage and up rolls John Hurt and his wife , i seen her struggle to carry her cases into the cottage so went over and gave her a hand , later that day Mr Hurt and her treated me to a nice meal in one of the local restaurants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dive247

me and my hubby have met Robson Green when we helped him make Extreme Fishing last year in Tenerife. He was very friendly and asked lots of questions about Ireland and why we left to live in Tenerife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Liam Neeson...lovely man.Was at an interview of his a few weeks before sadly his wife died.
    Wendi Peters (cila from cornation street)...at "Mrs. Whippy" she's tiny in person
    Alan O'Neil (keith from fair city)...was watching us on set of "street masala" on moore street last weekend lol
    John O'shea...several times,he grew up in the estate next to mine
    Alex Higgins...is that his name?The pool player?...it was on a train when i was quite young,and he was in the horrors,drinking some kind of alchol out of a pepsi cup lol :P i remember him kind of scaring me,got a photo with him too.
    Carrie Crowley...used to leave next door to me.
    Bassist from Cathedral...at a h.i.m gig.He was sound out boi!!!
    Mickey Harte....:o bahaha!alot of times!my friend and i went to eurovision and after sparked up a slightly stalker relationship with him :o baha oh to be young!
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jobey

I met the Foo Fighters in Dublin airport the morning after their gig in Marlay Park a few years back. Was chatting away to Dave Grohl and got my picture taken with him. He actually is the nicest guy in the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

deadly!:p..I also remembered that I met heston (the mad chef) in the airport the morning after he was on the late late show.And years ago one of the wans from bewitched lol!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Bono (in 1997 just before Pop came out)
    James Hetfield & Lars Ulrich (together)
    Jay Kay & Denise Van Outen (together)
    Evan Dando (from the Lemonheads)
    Elle MacPhearson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Biggest: Rey Mysterio (Got his book autographed in Easons :D)

Smallest: Rey M is the only one I can remember :mad:

I'll edit this later, when another comes to mind . . .

EDIT: I saw Adrian and Jeremy off FM104 a couple months back, and I took a pic, and they both smiled, but I don't know if they count as celebs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ohhhhh cool!

Did she secretly show you a Crumpled Horned Snorcack?

Or give you the special edition of The Quibbler, with feature pictures of The Weird Sisters concert at Slane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭D-Boy

I met Paul Rudd in Killarney a few years ago and Joel Schumacher and Cate Blanchett in town.
    Pretty cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CleverGirl

Hi met Theo Huxtable from the Cosby show he was in the bar I worked in such a nice guy!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

Edna O'Brien

I once saw Rod Stewart and his girlfriend in Harrods, that was kinda wierd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

Andy Bell, the bass player in Oasis, was in the sshop where I work and he bought his t-shirt for Slane off us on friday!!

Erin O'Connor has been in too, she is so tall. Mary McAleese was in before with loads of security! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I met Bertie Ahern once in a shopping centre when he was out scrambling for votes in May 2007. I was just comin out of Tesco when I heard all this racket, "Bertie pumps oil for Shell!!" comin from the throats of a hippy-ish lookin throng of assorted people. Then I saw Bertie's head bobbing up admidst the swelling crowd and I decided to edge my way in to get a closer look. Next thing I knew, I'm shaking hands with the bloke and saying hello. He's very rosy cheeked up close and his hands are the size of big spades. Michael Martin was beside him. Spooky thing was.... I remember thinkin at the time, "What a nice bloke (Bertie, not M.M.)"....
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

ehhowaya wrote: »
    ... Erin O'Connor has been in too, she is so tall
    Ya I heard shes somethin like 6'/6' 1",which is really tall for a woman
    Mary McAleese was in before with loads of security! :)

I know people who have met her and theyve all said she was lovely,no pretence or prissy bullsh!t. One of them was workin as a waiter in a restaurant serving her and he said she was very sweet and down to earth,n fairness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

Met Sylvester Stallone + John Travolta In the space of a week when living in Madrid ......really really nice warm friendly guys.

Advertisement