Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous people you've met!

Options
  • 21-11-2008 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Taking from the "famous peoples houses" thread... let talk about who ye've met!

Calum best was the latest one i met. On a flight from london to dublin!
    He seemed decent enough! Was friendly!

I saw jack charlton a few weeks ago reading the star in temple bar.
    Haha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I've seen threads on this before, but I have met Destiny's Child, I think I was about 15.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nelson Mandella and Mary Robinson shook both their hands!

John Shea (no not john o shea!) mett him in NY a few years back and ended up having a pint with him, sound guy.

Meet Steve Staunton years ago in Dundalk when I had chickenpox in my throat! brave man for shaking my hand!

A few others but can think of them now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Lemmy briefly - that ruled. Other metal band dudes too, but not proper celebreties. even lemmys a bit underground really :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Bono-He's a midget and a natural ginger that dies his thinning hair.
    Billy Connoly-He bought me a pint after i said "buy us a int you tight git"
    Wendy James out of transvision vamp..in fact i did more than meet here hehe
    Stephen Dorf-Horrible little midget,ended up stitching him a loaf for chatting up my girlfriend.
    Albert Reynolds showed up uininvited at my ex's dad's funeral.
    Shane Lynch used to live around the corner from me.his sisters were also in B*witched.
    Chris de Burgh-Met him in the concert hall..he has disquietingly black eyes.
    Todd Carthy-Mark from eastenders,Tucker Jenkins.
    Shane McGowan several times..his parents are actually more craic then him.
    Bill Clinton drove by me in nassau st on a visit to ireland and waved at me!
    Lenny Henry said hello once in grafton street..he's really tall!
    The bass player from sonic youth asked me could i get him dope once.
    I kissed Amanda Brunker when i was younger
    The drummer from Slipknot got snotty with a few of us in fibbers once because he'd lost his jacket,the rest of the band were cool though.
    Thats all i can remember at the mo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I met Ringo starr in amsterdam about 6 months before John Lennon was shot ( i seriously did ) got his authograph to (more approchable then ) :)

Judith Durham In Liverpool after her solo concert tour ( hey there georgie girl ......) .Nice lady and got her authograph .

Shook hands and got picture taken with president Mary McAleese when she visted Liverpool some years ago .Also made it onto local tv news that day .

Ian Hunter of mottt the hoople fame at a gig in Liverpool .

The cast of Brookside when i was an extra back in 90s .

quite a few more but above are of the top of my head :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hostchecker

Shepard Smithcool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pyro940

Alex Higgins was in the same cancer ward as my mother!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Avril Lavigne
    Jem
    Gavin DeGraw
    Singer from Red Jumpsuit Aparatus
    Kate who won big brother

some others I cant remember

And ive seen loads floatin around

and was on telly with Leona Lewis in Toronto 2 months ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Who the hell is Evanna Lynch ?

Edit:just googled her.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Better than I could do. I've never met anyone famous :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Degsy wrote: »

I hate you right now. She featured prominently in my teenage masturbatory dreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Heckler wrote: »
    Who the hell is Evanna Lynch ?

Edit:just googled her.

Please enlighten us. Who is Evanna Lynch? Shane Lynch's mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭luckyjimbobs

Enlighten us about her she was fit many moons ago

Have met gay byrne he was nice used to see jennifer ellison from brookside

around in liverpool she was stunning loads footballers etc was on plane with

packie bonner and charlie nicholas girl sitting next to dared her to say to

charlie MY MAM THOUGHT YOU WERE GORGEOUS 20 YEARS AGO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

was out with nicky hayes one night after a college ball in dunalk went up to her hotel room for a party was some laugh!!!
    than alst night spent the night with ray shah in dundalk partying with some of his friends that were up with a stag do so there probly the only ones ive met!!!
    oh and my cuzin connor does the entertainment news on network2 at 5pm before simpsons on a thursday so he's dead famous like hahahah lolololol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Backtothefuture

i havent "met" a whole lot of people, ive seen them though...
    Gok Wan was in the clothes shop american apparrel with Tamera Beckwurth? i think thats her name! I was gonna ask him to make me over but i didnt fancy getting naked on the catwalk! Haha:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Bono-He's a midget and a natural ginger that dies his thinning hair.
    Stephen Dorf-Horrible little midget,ended up stitching him a loaf for chatting up my girlfriend.
    Shane Lynch used to live around the corner from me.his sisters were also in B*witched.
    Chris de Burgh-Met him in the concert hall..he has disquietingly black eyes.
    Todd Carthy-Mark from eastenders,Tucker Jenkins.
    Shane McGowan several times..his parents are actually more craic then him.
    Bill Clinton drove by me in nassau st on a visit to ireland and waved at me!
    Lenny Henry said hello once in grafton street..he's really tall!
    The bass player from sonic youth asked me could i get him dope once.
    I kissed Amanda Brunker when i was younger
    The drummer from Slipknot got snotty with a few of us in fibbers once because he'd lost his jacket,the rest of the band were cool though.
    Thats all i can remember at the mo..

What next ? You flew to the moon ?

Bullsh***er of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

flynnser19 wrote: »
    was out with nicky hayes one night after a college ball in dunalk went up to her hotel room for a party was some laugh!!!
    than alst night spent the night with ray shah in dundalk partying with some of his friends that were up with a stag do so there probly the only ones ive met!!!
    oh and my cuzin connor does the entertainment news on network2 at 5pm before simpsons on a thursday so he's dead famous like hahahah lolololol

Ha, the sound of the barrel being scraped from the bottom.

Thats some list Degsy, I always feel inadequate in these threads. I sat next to P-p-p-rionsias De Rossa on a flight once. Thats about the height of it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Anybody remember Liam from the last big brother show ? Well i'm sitting at home one night and my son walks in the door with none other then LIAM :eek:, .Very surreal .He had said to me earlier that day that he might bring him to the house but of course i thought he was just taking the piss. Dont ask me how or were he meets them but if he does he will bring them home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Met T.I in best buy in New York! Hes really small and had a hell of alot of security!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I met Dean Cain when I was little. He signed a picture for me.
    I met Alan Rickman in college. He gave a small lecture on theatre and drama. He was very nice, but kind of intimidating - dressed all in black and rarely smiled.
    I shook hands will Bill Clinton when he visited my mother's school back in the 90s.
    And I had an awkward moment with Steven Tyler from Aerosmith while going into my gym about a year ago (he was leaving and yelling at someone behind me and then he saw me staring at him like wtf? and apologized).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

I met woody harrelson and robin williams in alaska drinking in a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

I met Paul o Connell once buts he's not really a celeb but that's it:(
    Is it cos i don't live in Dublin/London that i never bump into anyone famous? Just seems wierd that some people meet loads and others dont meet anyone at all. suppose it's down to where and who you hang out with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

Kablam wrote: »
    I met Paul o Connell once buts he's not really a celeb but that's it:(

Not a celeb,your right

He is a God.;)

Your by far the luckiest poster.

Paul O'Connell.............mmmm

Met Aonghus McAnally about 20 years ago,
    very under whelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

G&T wrote: »
    Met Aonghus McAnally about 20 years ago,
    very under whelming.

Me too! I won a colouring competition when I was about 6 and he was giving out the prizes :)

Apart from that a few F1 drivers, Eurosport commentators, a load of professional cyclists, several famous evolutionary biologists (I could name names but don't know if they would be recognised!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Since when are people invited to funerals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

tom dunne, saw sean moncrief doing an outside broadcast for newstalk, saw larry gogan aswell, met willie o'dea a few times calling around houses in limerick, i also met aongus macanaly years ago, did he go around schools one time when he used to present 'anything goes' doing a show with a guitar and stuff? jimmy white legend and very down to earth and witty, ken doherty, jerry flannery, sinead o'connor with about 7 kids, adam clayton going into a furniture shop off grafton street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Mia Farrow told me I had a "great mom" - shows what a crackpot she is...

I met Damon Hill on a plane when I was a kid - he was lovely.

I met Rachel Stevens from S Club 7 - she was not lovely.

I sold dvds to Simon Amstell and probably every single person who's ever been in Fair City, Twink and Nicky from Westlife.

I have walked past but not spoken to Mel Gibson, Cillian Murphy, Paddy Considine, Gabriel Byrne, Gay Byrne, Hugh Grant, Ulrika Johnson, Gaz Coombs and Mani from Primal Scream and Brian Dowling.

Advertisement