Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Using mobile.
    I hate predictive text! !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

No excuse, a tech guy like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bakugan

I will try that. Thanks for your help koolkid.
    Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thread moved to the new Home security systems forum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bakugan wrote: »
    Hi All,
    advice above has been a great help. I am having problems with a zone constantly being activated during the summer but not during the winter ( the heat from the sun is causing the windows to expand and contract, hence activating the alarm ). Sounds strange but from what i've been told this does appear to be the problem.
    Anyway, i see above that once you inhibit a zone and then arm/disarm the alarm the zone becomes uninhibited.
    My question is is there any way to permanently inhibit the zone so i don't have to inhibit it every time i set the alarm.
    cheers

It is not advisable to permanently inhibit a zone on the alarm. If your getting false alarms on a certain zone then it is either a faulty sensor or else you need the setting changed for that zone. If you have the alarm on your insurance there would also be implications regarding this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 YASA

Hi koolkid,
    Do you have any advice what could be wrong with my Aritech cs350 the alarm has been going off over the past couple of days. When I arming the system after couples of hours alarm going off and activate bell.
    Thanks.

Hi YASA,

You might have a faulty sensor. Does it give a zone name after you unset the alarm ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As Altor says you need to see what displays after an alarm.
    When you enter your code does the screen display Arm Menu?
    If so press arrow down until you come to E Log/Time and Date. Press Accept,when screen shows display log press accept again. Use the arrow's to scroll down the log. When alarm displays press 0 to display the zone name.

Thanks; I'll check after work.

Alarm just serviced two weeks ago. Engineer came 3 times, I had always-open zone 3. The guy charged 130 euro, changed battery and sensor in kitchen, systems looks OK. During nighttime alarm went off... Next day guy came again, said there damaged cable. I wired new cable, he connected systems looks OK, but after couple of hours turned off again, and I think it continue shown zone 3, just not sure.
    Last Friday I came from work, alarm running, don't known how many ours, fuse for external bell was gone. Saturday bought new fuses, change, but during night alarm was again activated. So I have to check sensors in zone 3?

YASA wrote: »
    Thanks; I'll check after work.

Alarm just serviced two weeks ago. Engineer came 3 times, I had always-open zone 3. The guy charged 130 euro, changed battery and sensor in kitchen, systems looks OK. During nighttime alarm went off... Next day guy came again, said there damaged cable. I wired new cable, he connected systems looks OK, but after couple of hours turned off again, and I think it continue shown zone 3, just not sure.
    Last Friday I came from work, alarm running, don't known how many ours, fuse for external bell was gone. Saturday bought new fuses, change, but during night alarm was again activated. So I have to check sensors in zone 3?

There is more than likely more than one faulty sensor on that zone. To test the other sensors on the zone you will need a multimeter. The way to test the sensors is on a length of cable connected to the sensor and the other end to the multimeter. Set the multimeter to continuity, make a note of the reading before you tap or open the sensor, with the meter in your hand open and close each contact plus tap each sensor a few times one by one. After each tap or open close the reading should return to the same reading. If the level stays higher than the original reading this is your faulty sensor. Do this on all the sensors on the zone. Get him back to check it out properly. With the new regulation coming in with regard the external bell ringing you will need the external bell set to 15 minutes i would also get him to program this for you.

• Advertisement

Last what my keypad display indicated was Low battery. Yesterday evening I change another fuse 2A for the battery and now system show OK. But I did not use alarm during night. Armed it in the morning and don’t know how it running now: OK or OFF, because on work. But I have additional questions.
    • When I changed external bell fuse in Saturday I turned off main power, and disconnected buttery for around 35 minute. Could it clear memory, erase all events?
    • Before last visit of engineer I had access to main menu & can see all events. Now I don’t have access. Does it result that engineer reprograms my alarm, or this is result that after I totally disconnect panel from power, system returned to factory default settings? How system programmed from factory?
    • Can I get access to the main menu (or reprogram) through the engineering mode? I have code. Could you write me step by step how to do that pleases?

Thanks.

• When I changed external bell fuse in Saturday I turned off main power, and disconnect buttery for around 35 minute. Could it clear memory, erase all events?
    Not unless the factory link was removed & the panel was not engineer locked.
    • Before last visit of engineer I had access to main menu & can see all events. Now I don’t have access. Does it result that engineer reprograms my alarm, or this is result that after I totally disconnect panel from power, system returned to factory default settings? How system programmed from factory?
    The engineer possibly removed some privledges. (tCan't think why though)
    If the panel was defaulted by your power down your code would not work ( unless your code is 01122)
    • Can I get access (or reprogram) through the engineering mode? I have code. Could you write me step by step how to do that pleases?

I will PM you a link to CS350 engineer manual.
    If you have any questions after that feel free to ask here.

Just came from work. Alarm is ringing. On keyboard screen: sys. In log: back 3, and some word G6. After minute permanently fuse. And I am sure it is fuse for external bell. I’m soon will be mad with that alarm.

I would say you have a faulty sensor that is activating the alarm & there is either a fault on the external bell cable or the external bell is faulty which is causing the fuse to blow.

Thanks kulkid, will ring to that engineer again.
    We had bad guys in house during night, when all family was slept, and now everyone is worry.

Just came from work. Alarm is ringing. On keyboard screen: sys. In log: back 3, and some word G6. After minute permanently fuse. And I am sure it is fuse for external bell. I’m soon will be mad with that alarm.

Are you sure this engineer who serviced the alarm knew what he was doing :confused: By the sounds of it he changed a sensor that may have be working missing the faulty one, he even got you to run a cable claiming the cable is damaged only for the alarm to go off again (meaning there was a faulty sensor that he did not find on the zone as he must not of tested the sensors). My advice to you is to ring the company and get them to send out another engineer who knows how to test for faulty sensors on a zone.

In my zone 3 are 2 sensors. 1-st on kitchen window & 2-nd on sliding door - conservatory. During the 1-st visit he change sensor on kitchen window & battery (I wasn’t at home, my wife meet them), made walk test, show how to use part arming, just ground floor, charged €130 (20 minutes) and left. In the evening I armed alarm (part) for night, switch off all light - siren was on, panel show zone 3. I called them, next day he came, changed second sensor on sliding door (add €20), and I think check more properly (my wife said there was o lot of f... words, he was angry), he call me and said that there are damaged cable (spent max.20 min.). After couples of day I installed new cable and ask them reconnect. He did not want to come again until our solicitor made them a call, and he made appointment on 7 am (very busy). Now my family vent on holiday and I am slowly going to mad.

Just spoke with my neighbors. They told that alarm start ringing every day nearly same time 3-4 pm and external bell running nearly 15 min. I leaving the house at 8 am.

The fuses started to blow out after alarm runes everyday (3 days) for around 3 hours.

There always take phone the same person -engineer, I think he made own website, just advertised as big company in internet, but he is one self-employed person.

1/5 hour ago made him a call. He doesn’t take phone. I left him voice message. I'll contact him tomorrow with the fresh head.

If the fuse is blowing everytime it activates its very easy to identify if it a cable or thge bell its self. Did he actually ask you to run in the cable for him??
    Unbeliveable...

He would of known if it was a broken cable before he changed the first sensor so for him to come back and change another sensor and then tell you it is the cable is a cause for concern.
    The best way to rule out a fault with the external bell is to wire it directly into the panel on a length of cable and see if it still blows the cable. To rule out a fault with the cable going from the panel to the external bell you will need to get it tested. Surely the engineer can do that.

The fuse blow out only 2 time: started last Friday (after a week test and three day alarm day to day ringing around 3 hours per day) and today. First couples of night alarm work OK all nights, I started sleeping fine. But now, after Friday...

• Advertisement

Either get this lad back or get another company out to sort this for you.
    There is nothing not complicated here. Find the sensor(s) that are causing the false alarms & find the source of the blown fuses.
    While they are at it the bell times should be reduced to 15 minutes with a max of 3 rearms. That means it should not ring for more than an hour.
    How old is the external bell?
    If its the old metal ones that would explain it ringing for hours if the ext bell fuse is blown. Best to replace this either way.

The fuse blow out only 2 time: started last Friday (after a week test and three day alarm day to day ringing around 3 hours per day) and today. First couples of night alarm work OK all nights, I started sleeping fine. But now, after Friday...

Might just be a loose cable in the panel that is shorting out the cable. Ask the engineer to check the external bell connections in the panel.

altor wrote: »
    Might just be a loose cable in the panel that is shorting out the cable. Ask the engineer to check the external bell connections in the panel.
    Didnt he say he ran in a new cable & your man connected it.?
    Or was that for a zone?

koolkid wrote: »
    Didnt he say he ran in a new cable & your man connected it.?
    Or was that for a zone?

Zone 3 i would think.

I think by the sounds of it he might be better off taken your advice and get another company in to do it properly for him ;)

The house was built in 1999, so alarm is 11 years old. The new cable I wired for zone 3, as engineer asked.
    Thank lads for help, I'll be alarm engineer also soon, studying manual.

Hi koolkid,

Thanks for alarm menu & installation guide, reading it at the moment and do not understand everything. It’s look no hard but need read couples of time to sure. Could you navigate me in which section I can activate arm menu from 6 main menu blocks: 1-maintenance or 6-miscellanious, and where?

Hi koolkid,

Thanks for alarm menu & installation guide, reading it at the moment and do not understand everything. It’s look no hard but need read couples of time to sure. Could you navigate me in which section I can activate arm menu from 6 main menu blocks: 1-maintenance or 6-miscellanious, and where?

3. Users > Code Privledges > Code 1...4 Assign all attrubutes here.

Fs = Full Set
    Ps = Part Set
    Us = Unset
    In = Inhibit
    Mn = Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Hi all,

I came home and my alarm was going off, according to a neighbour who we just asked it's been doing that intermittently when it's set

The error reads:

"Events in log...

Alarm g=3

01 living room"

None of the windows in the living room are open or have been disturbed as far as I can make out.

The alarm is an Aritech CS350

Koolkid - I see you have a user manual for that model, could you pm me a link to it please? :)

G3 Should not cause an activation. I would normally set at either 4 or 5.
    However there may still be a faulty device on that zone.
    I will PM you the manuals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

koolkid wrote: »
    G3 Should not cause an activation. I would normally set at either 4 or 5.
    However there may still be a faulty device on that zone.
    I will PM you the manuals.

Thanks for the speedy response and the link. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement