Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A YES vote for Lisbon is a YES vote for ushering in the New World Order.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

6th wrote: »
    Yes. You did. Try not to do it again.

No you didnt. If you want to rant or preach I suggest you get a blog. Any more ranting or off topic posts will result in a ban.

6th I was aware of it, I was talking purely about lisbon, but I did get off topic towards K-9 in a response. it was a mistake. I'm not perfect. I won't be continueing on this topic either.

it was no rant either. It's important people to express their views. I won't add to this thread any longer, if I feel bullied for just expressing certain assertions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

6th wrote: »
    Any more ranting or off topic posts will result in a ban.
    mysterious wrote: »
    6th I was aware of it, I was talking purely about lisbon, but I did get off topic towards K-9 in a response. it was a mistake. I'm not perfect. I won't be continueing on this topic either.

it was no rant either. It's important people to express their views. I won't add to this thread any longer, if I feel bullied for just expressing certain assertions.

Questioning mod warning in thread plus continuing off-topic posting despite warning. Banned for 1 month due to 1 x yellow card, 3 x red cards and 2 x 1 week bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Diogenes wrote: »
    No you said

Theres nothing in the Lisbon treaty about putting microchips in our babies arms, or nuclear war, or barcoding your head. :
    There may be nothing in the EU Constitution at present but whats stopping something being added in future. We must remember that our own Constitution will not hold a drop of water against any new rules and regulations that are sanctioned by a majority EU vode if we get bought out by Lisbon.
    Diogenes wrote: »
    Theres no difference. Well there is, the "Yes" campaign didn't suggest that if we didn't vote yes to the Lisbon treaty by suggesting we'd be nuked, our children would be microchipped and we'd have barcodes on our heads.
    I personally do not believe babies will be the first to be chipped, It will be first offered on a "voluntary" basis to the elderly suffering from dementia, parole prisoners, sex offenders and those that are promiscuous with life threatening infectious diseases etc. From there it will creep into the rest of society as "something cool" till eventually becoming a manditory tool to preform commercial transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

There may be nothing in the EU Constitution at present but whats stopping something being added in future.
    Referendums.
    We must remember that our own Constitution will not hold a drop of water against any new rules and regulations that are sanctioned by a majority EU vode if we get bought out by Lisbon.
    And how exactly would Lisbon do this?
    What part of Lisbon nullifies our Constitution?

Still not read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

King Mob wrote: »
    Referendums.

And how exactly would Lisbon do this?
    What part of Lisbon nullifies our Constitution?

Still not read it?

Don't be silly King Mob. They just know it's gonna happen, who cares about evidence or any kind.

Hey 6th at what point after asking those pushing this CT for any evidence whatsoever can we just tell them to stfu talking rubbish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

meglome wrote: »
    Hey 6th at what point after asking those pushing this CT for any evidence whatsoever can we just tell them to stfu talking rubbish?

You dont. You learn to be content with knowing, and others seeing, that some people cant back up there claims. If you feel the need to rub someones nose in it then dont do it hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

We must remember that our own Constitution will not hold a drop of water against any new rules and regulations that are sanctioned by a majority EU vode if we get bought out by Lisbon.

Why must we remember a piece of fiction like that?

If our Constitution "will not hold a drop of water" should Lisbon be accepted, then it doesn't hold a drop of water now...because there is nothing in Lisbon which would change things to that effect.

If our Constitution doesn't hold a drop of water now...then one has to ask what the EU needs Lisbon for in the first place, and why its so important to get us to pass it.

The only way this argument could hold water is if you could show the detail in the Lisbon Treaty which is key to this undermining of the Irish Constitution that you suggest.

Of course, that would be the detail that people have been asking for who-can-remember-how-long, only to be met with handwaving, and the occasional comment that its not Lisbon which will do it, but rather some unknown future treaty that Lisbon will apparently put us on the slippery slope towards.

According to this article The European Union is stepping up efforts to build an enhanced pan-European system of security and surveillance which critics have described as “dangerously authoritarian”.

It is only a matter of time before we have a "walk through" with Lisbon 2 and all these new surveylance measures like the EU ID card register, Eborders, internet surveillance systems, satellite surveillance, automated exit-entry border systems operated by machines reading biometrics and risk profiling systems.

All this will fall on us like a ton of bricks.

Don't say that you have not been warned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/5496912/EU-security-proposals-are-dangerously-authoritarian.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

According to this article The European Union is stepping up efforts to build an enhanced pan-European system of security and surveillance which critics have described as “dangerously authoritarian”.

It is only a matter of time before we have a "walk through" with Lisbon 2 and all these new surveylance measures like the EU ID card register, Eborders, internet surveillance systems, satellite surveillance, automated exit-entry border systems operated by machines reading biometrics and risk profiling systems.

All this will fall on us like a ton of bricks.

Don't say that you have not been warned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/5496912/EU-security-proposals-are-dangerously-authoritarian.html

Ach RTDH, it's the Telegraph! Do you have a fairly independent and unbiased source?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

RTDH can you point out how this affects us as Ireland and the UK are exempt from many policing and border control issues in Lisbon.

The Lisbon Treaty, currently stalled after Ireland's referendum rejection last year, creates a secretive new Standing Committee for Internal Security, known as COSI, to co-ordinate policy between national forces and EU organisations such as Europol, the Frontex borders agency, the European Gendarmerie Force and the Brussels intelligence sharing Joint Situation Centre or Sitcen.

Unfortunately it wouldn't be very secure if it wasn't secretive. Do you have a problem with better integration of information between police forces and Interpol?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    RTDH can you point out how this affects us as Ireland and the UK are exempt from many policing and border control issues in Lisbon.

The Lisbon Treaty, currently stalled after Ireland's referendum rejection last year, creates a secretive new Standing Committee for Internal Security, known as COSI, to co-ordinate policy between national forces and EU organisations such as Europol, the Frontex borders agency, the European Gendarmerie Force and the Brussels intelligence sharing Joint Situation Centre or Sitcen.

Unfortunately it wouldn't be very secure if it wasn't secretive. Do you have a problem with better integration of information between police forces and Interpol?

Of course he can't, he hasn't actually read the Lisbon treaty.

Doesn't stop him from make claims like this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

Why would he read something, when it's clearly not possible to read it?

Well it seems many No voters did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

I mean the ministers all over europe can't read it and you think the no voters did? You know as well as i do, thats not true.

I mean the ministers all over europe can't read it and you think the no voters did? You know as well as i do, thats not true.

What do you mean?

Plenty of No voters did read it and can give their opinions on it.

Maybe your point is most No voters didn't read it as really they don't have the time, same as most politicians don't have the time to read every subsection of the Treaty?

Do you really expect Cowen to spend weeks reading the minutae of Lisbon for weeks, thus neglecting his responsibilities on other issues? He has highly paid, qualified EU law experts to do that for him.

Because it is readable?
    And because there is several resources online that make it more accessible to laypeople?

But if he hasn't read it and claims to not be able to understand how can he possible make claims like that one about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

99.9 percent of people who said they've read the treaty - well lets just say they're not telling the truth.
    Being an issue of time is an gross understatement.It's firstly not a treaty, it's 300 pages of amendments to 3000 other pages of treaties and you can only read it if you take one amendment by one and then look it up in the "existing" treaties.

99.9 percent of people who said they've read the treaty - well lets just say they're not telling the truth.
    Being an issue of time is an gross understatement.It's firstly not a treaty, it's 300 pages of amendments to 3000 other pages of treaties and you can only read it if you take one amendment by one and then look it up in the "existing" treaties.

That's how international treaties work.

It has to reconcile with the laws and constitutions of all the countries involved as well as all the previous European Treaties.
    It's not a surprise it's a complicated document.

But there are several resources online line that make it acceptable.

Of course he can't, he hasn't actually read the Lisbon treaty.

Doesn't stop him from make claims like this though.
    Sure our YES promoting Finna Fail politicians also never read it also. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

That's how international treaties work.

It has to reconcile with the laws and constitutions of all the countries involved as well as all the previous European Treaties.
    It's not a surprise it's a complicated document.

But there are several resources online line that make it acceptable.
    Why would you have the need to explain to me how international treaties work? Am i missing something here?

• Advertisement

Sure our YES promoting Finna Fail politicians also never read it also. :rolleyes:

So you are comparing yourself to FF politicians!

That's me convinced!

What advisors did you use to help you?

So now we've established in the time since the treaty has been proposed you have made no effort to read or try to understand it.
    Way to fight for the truth against the NWO lies.

Since this is the case, how in the hell can you possibly make the claims you do about the Lisbon Treaty?

Or will you finally be honest and admit you're making them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

A YES vote for Lisbon is a YES vote for ushering in the New World Order

Ok so, I'm voting yes cause the current world order sucks. Seriously, how could it possibly be any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

That's dangerously close to suggesting that people here are lying.
    Or will you finally be honest

This is a step too far.

Folks...discuss the topics without making jibes - direct or thinly veiled - at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Hills, you need shooting for dragging this load of sh!te out of the gutter again.;)

DubTony wrote: »
    Hills, you need shooting for dragging this load of sh!te out of the gutter again.;)
    Just like the Lisbon will be dragged out of the gutter again in the upcoming referendum :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

Its looking like the Lisbon treaty will be pushed through this time. I hear poor oul Ganley is hanging up his political boxing gloves and as the previous leader of the No campaign, tis a bad sign. Everyone thinks that we need to vote yes to get the economy back on track too, people are scared that if we vote no again things will continue to deteriorate.

Anyway folks, relax. There's a lot of talk about chips and one world banks and new world orders and although they are a possibility such things will never happen. I'm not saying its crazy talk, but I cant see people accepting such things. The penny will drop when the bas***ds take it too far and the whole house of cards will implode on top of itself. They are treading on very thin ice at the moment, all it will take is one comex default and the fiat ponzi scheme will be laid bare for all to see. I see more and more people freaking out about this, take it easy folks. Just concentrate on getting out of debt and looking after you and your familys health.

And remember, humanity has yet to play the ace in her sleeve. I wont say what year the card will be played, but I'm sure most of you know anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

samson09 wrote: »
    And remember, humanity has yet to play the ace in her sleeve. I wont say what year the card will be played, but I'm sure most of you know anyway ;)

Humanity is a she:eek:

Whats this ace up the sleeve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

DubTony wrote: »

With all due respect Tony that would be your opinion of which your entitled to. Me saying that to you is my opinion of which I am entitled to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Wreck wrote: »
    Ok so, I'm voting yes cause the current world order sucks. Seriously, how could it possibly be any worse.

Your entitled to vote whatever way you want is up to you but that comment is not contributing anything to the discussion, in my most humble of opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement