Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNP members list leaked

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

eoin_s wrote: »
    Surprisingly no use of !!1!eleventyone!!!.

/shakes fist!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

cornbb wrote: »
    British expats living in Ireland, maybe.

EDIT: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/1119/breaking26.htm - one of them is at least.

According to the Irish Times, in one case, that is the reason.
    The other two gone into hiding I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Karma's a bitch.

These people are supporting a party that has goons call to the front doors of immigrant families "offering" them free plane tickets back "home" to their own countries.

F**k them and their rights to privacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

“We have had reports that some people on the list - and not all are BNP members, as many appeared to have had their names maliciously added by whoever was responsible for the blog posting - are receiving threatening phone calls, said BNP leader Nick Griffin.
    "Let's enjoy the publicity bonus!," added Mr Griffin.

I doubt too many people on that list would enjoy reading this!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The name attached to the sligo adress is almost certainly fake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Dodge wrote: »
    The name attached to the sligo adress is almost certainly fake.

who is it? is it bree?

Some of the comments are hilarious!
    Will not be renewing 07 (objects to being told he shouldn't wear a bomber jacket)
    activist - Makes kites with BNP logos etc.
    Facist kite maker??
    Proof of entitlement seen-Teacher (language)
    What kind of proof to entitlement do you think they're talking about here!
    member describes himself as a witch: potential embarrassment if active
    occupation-Slaughterman (NVQS in slaughtering).

Lollers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Sanjeev is gonna be delighted, looks like I'll have to let him out of my basement. :mad:

This morning I awoke to an email from a friend saying that one of the members of staff at a local mosque he sometimes attends services at has downloaded all 91 pages of the BNP membership list before it was removed from the internet. Attached to my email is a zipfile of the entire membership list as proof of this. The mosque staff say they have disseminated the BNP membership list widely amongst the Muslim community both in the UK and abroad. Every mosque in the Britain should have a copy ready in time for the forthcoming Friday prayers.

I wouldn't be feeling too safe if i was on that list now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭runswithascript

micmclo wrote: »
    Sure we've a few FF supporters on boards like ninetyniner and they are well able to defend themselves and give their points of view.
    l

I find it hilarious you draw an equilibrium between FF and the BNP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I would assume the hardcore anti fascist groups like Antifa will have these details saved also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

LolaDub wrote: »
    I wouldn't be feeling too safe if i was on that list now!

I can only imagine what a radicalised muslim would do with the list. The member and his/her family would be under threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

There should be no illusions about what the BNP are or what their history is.

Just a small list of what some of their leading members have gotten up to:

Nick Griffin (Party Chairman) Received a two-year suspended sentence in April 1998 for inciting racial hatred. His magazine The Rune carried obscene anti-Semitic and Holocaust denial material as well as crude racism.

Tony Lecomber(Group Development Officer). In 1985 he was convicted on five counts for offences under the Explosives Act, including possession of homemade hand-grenades and electronic timing devices. Sentenced to three-years imprisonment.
    In 1991 he was sentenced to another three years imprisonment for unlawful wounding for his part in an attack on a Jewish schoolteacher whom he caught trying to peel off a BNP sticker at an underground station. He has a total of 12 convictions.

Colin Smith (South East London organiser). Has amassed a total of 17 convictions for burglary, theft, stealing cars, possession of drugs and assaulting a police officer.

John Tyndall (founder of the BNP). Six convictions. In 1962 he was jailed for organising a paramilitary organisation. Four years later, he was again sent to prison for possession of a loaded gun. In 1986, he was convicted for incitement to racial hatred under the Public Order Act and sentenced to 12 months imprisonment.

Warren Bennett (Chief Steward). Supposed to keep order in the party yet has convictions for football hooliganism. In 1998, he was deported from France with over 50 other Scottish hooligans, including several BNP members.

Steve Belshaw (East Midlands BNP organiser.) Was convicted in 1994 for assaulting a lawyer in his home-town of Mansfield. At the time, Belshaw combined his BNP membership with Combat 18 activity.

Kevin Scott (North East Regional Organiser). Was convicted in 1993 for hurling a glass at a black customer in a pub.

Alan Gould (Waltham Forest Organiser). Was convicted in 2000 for racially abusing people in a local pub. He told the court that it was the drink getting the better of him.

Robert Bennett. A leading activist in Oldham BNP during the 2002 elections campaign, Bennett has served five years in prison for the gang rape of a woman. He has also served seven years for armed robbery and has over 30 convictions in total.

Mick Treacy. The Oldham organiser has five convictions for violence, theft, and handling stolen goods

Darren Dobson. Found guilty of racially aggravated assault at Oldham magistrates in November 2001. Fined £300. Connected to football hooligans in the Oldham area, and has links to the nazi terror group Combat 18

Darren Hoy. April 2002, the BNP supporter was sent to prison for 3 months for racially abusing people as they left an anti-fascist rally in Oldham.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

^^^ reads like something out of a Sinn Fein list of leaders... minus the racism of course.

I don't think anyone there is under any serious threat. It's the softer regular members who will suffer the threats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

1968 wrote: »
    There should be no illusions about what the BNP are or what their history is.

Just a small list of what some of their leading members have gotten up to:...

A nice not so little bunch. I wonder would they invite Obama around for tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

From wikipedia:
    According to its constitution, the BNP is "committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948."[19] The BNP also proposes "firm but voluntary incentives for immigrants and their descendants to return home."[20]
    It advocates the repeal of all anti-discrimination legislation, and restricts party membership to "indigenous British ethnic groups deriving from the class of ‘Indigenous Caucasian’". The BNP also accepts white immigrants that are assimilated into one of those ethnicities.[19]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

dsmythy wrote: »
    I don't think anyone there is under any serious threat. It's the softer regular members who will suffer the threats.

Very true. You can be almost guaranteed that they soften their views when trying to get people involved so it's very likely that some people signed up for the BNP thinking they were merely a protectionist party. Now they are lumped in with the worst of the BNP and subject to hate attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Biggins wrote: »
    A nice not so little bunch. I wonder would they invite Obama around for tea?

Weirdly enough they could do! The extreme far right in the past have approached seperationist groups from Islam and Black power groups. The thinking is They can have their islamic caliphate and do whatever they like and whilst the BNP will have a purely white england. Almost similar to Stalins/Hitler non agression pact in Poland, we hate you, you hate us, but with our own space we might just get along for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

A strange occurence, but having been on Redwatch I can't really get too upset (death threat post-cards etc.).

It will likely lead to Griffen resigning.

Members will become more hardcore (can't get a job, no worries about being exposed etc.). The modern left does not seem to notice that.

Islamic terrorists will have a field day.

It will, in the end, lead to more tension that it resolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

damonjewel wrote: »
    Weirdly enough they could do! The extreme far right in the past have approached seperationist groups from Islam and Black power groups

Didn't Malcolm X meet up with the head of the KKK as well, as they both wanted segregation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

r3nu4l wrote: »
    You've got to love the irony of this detail for one of their members:
    :D
    Emigrated to Poland

Hitler?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

This is the best thing that's happened in ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I see redwatch has exceeded it's bandwidth allowance. it being off the net can't be a bad thing either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Also, Far Right groups have been doing this kind of thing for years, with the likes of red watch. So there hardly innocent, when it come to this sort of thing themselves.

On a semi-related note, some newspapers (generally left-leaning) in the US have published full lists and addresses of everyone who holds a concealed weapons permit, citing 'public right to know.' Interestingly, when the gun owners fight back and publish the journalists' home addresses, the newspaper staff are less amused.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

On a semi-related note, some newspapers (generally left-leaning) in the US have published full lists and addresses of everyone who holds a concealed weapons permit, citing 'public right to know.' Interestingly, when the gun owners fight back and publish the journalists' home addresses, the newspaper staff are less amused.

NTM

Is the register of gun owners public?

the first time I'm going to use this but...

FAIL!

nananana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Manchestomato

damonjewel wrote: »
    Weirdly enough they could do! The extreme far right in the past have approached seperationist groups from Islam and Black power groups. The thinking is They can have their islamic caliphate and do whatever they like and whilst the BNP will have a purely white england. Almost similar to Stalins/Hitler non agression pact in Poland, we hate you, you hate us, but with our own space we might just get along for a while.

DJ, The worrying thing for you guys is that the BNP covets the whole of the British Isles, including the whole of the island of Ireland (aka Lesser Britain) for Lebensraum. Just ask man about Oldham, Sturmbahnfuhrer Mick Treacy (whose parents are Irish immigrants!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can we please not link to or post personal information of the people involved as it could land boards in some legal hot water.

how can we get in trouble for that? it's just a link!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

DJ, The worrying thing for you guys is that the BNP covets the whole of the British Isles, including the whole of the island of Ireland (aka Lesser Britain) for Lebensraum. Just ask man about Oldham, Sturmbahnfuhrer Mick Treacy (whose parents are Irish immigrants!)

Perhaps they do covet "the republic" as liebesraum, but i'd be surprised its on their top ten list. maybe you have picked me up wrong but I think they are despicable. their agenda is a white power Britain .

Also I think that the British far right policies are populist but contadictory. e.g. an iconic view of Hitler's germany, whereas the second world war reduced Britain from the main stage of international influence and rendered it as almost bankrupt.

Advertisement