Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNP members list leaked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

Morlar wrote: »
    The bnp are perfectly legal & you cant sack somone for their political beliefs.

Irish Civil Servants can't be members of a political party. Not sure of police/army.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Posted by Nick Griffin
    The release of the list is a breach of the Human Rights Act.

Posted by House of Parliment
    Article 14
    Prohibition of discrimination

The enjoyment of the rights and freedoms set forth in this Convention shall be secured without discrimination on any ground such as sex, race, colour, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, association with a national minority, property, birth or other status.

Good old Nick and his selective memory. P.S I am not in favour of the release of the list, although I do not feel the BNP has any true political aims not rooted in old fashioned racism and discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

dresden8 wrote: »
    Irish Civil Servants can't be members of a political party. Not sure of police/army.

I think the British army are barred from being members of political parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

'large barn available for use'
    'Has large van available'

The plot thickens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

One from a town near me... He his name as gaelige and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Um. Why are Irish people in the BNP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

In all honesty, the BNP knew this was going to leak eventually.
    According to the BBC news report, they knew someone had it for a while.
    Even with a court injunction, things like this get out eventually on to the net.

BBC News Report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7736405.stm

Look at the latest book the Scientologists have a ban against in England. It can't be bought there for now!
    There's not a hope it hell of getting it banned in the USA.
    (The Complex: An insider exposed the covert world of the church of Scientology - John Duignan - Irish person)
    I went a bought a copy of it yesterday in Waterstones.
    News: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/11/amazon_pulls_scientology_expose/
    Thats going to leak onto the net too. Why do they still try with injunctions in this day and age!
    Folk should consider that everything is a possible leak!

In this day and age, if your on a list and the group/org' is not accepted in normal circles of decent society, you have to expect a leak more so sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Now to leave the email addresses where the Nigerian 419 scam artists can find them and watch (well imagine) the hilarity that ensues....

On a serious note I don't see the problem unless your job doesnt allow membership of political parties. Even then can people be sacked using a document which has been leaked illegally (data protection and all that). If I was a member I wouldn't feel the need to hide my beliefs...Strange.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Biggins wrote: »
    In this day and age, if your on a list and the group/org' is not accepted in normal circles of decent society, you have to expect a leak more so sooner or later.

Oh Jesus I'm screwed so !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Now to leave the email addresses where the Nigerian 419 scam artists can find them and watch (well imagine) the hilarity that ensues....

On a serious note I don't see the problem unless your job doesnt allow membership of political parties. Even then can people be sacked using a document which has been leaked illegally (data protection and all that). If I was a member I wouldn't feel the need to hide my beliefs...Strange.

Known members of the BNP are constantly bombarded with death threats.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

XJR wrote: »
    Oh Jesus I'm screwed so !

...and the rest of us lol :D

I'm withdrawing my membership quick from the Dustin for President Campaign list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

dsmythy wrote: »
    Known members of the BNP are constantly bombarded with death threats.

Seriously? Thats a bit pathetic....

Death threats over political belief? Jeez people find something more interesting to want to take a life! Like if they shagged your ma (Sorry sorry I never say it and my backspace key is broke :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It's on TPB so aint going anywhere any time soon.

Apparently there's kids listed on it, it's a bit of an ethical minefield IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Kold wrote: »

good question ?

there are irish people living in england too posters, try to keep that in mind......

loose lips sink ships, and all that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

holy ****, I think I saw blisterman's real name on that list!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

marcsignal wrote: »
    good question ?

there are irish people living in england too posters, try to keep that in mind......

Yes but I thought that the BNP aren't too fond of the Irish. The whole IRA thing and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Yes but I thought that the BNP aren't too fond of the Irish. The whole IRA thing and all.

thats what i mean, we should be careful what's said, some random irish bloke living in the uk could take the drunken flak for it outside a pub some night by some BNP supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Twinksno1flan

All the Abbotts are having a **** time, first one lives in a caravan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Mosley Common Road

Coincidence or not? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oswald_Mosley

Have to say this list really shouldn't have been published. These people are entitled to their moronic views and their privacy. To those people who said if you're willing to joing a political party, you should be ok with having your details exposed, would you apply the same criteria to everybody else?

Some of these people probably just got swept up in the hype. Bear in mind how malleable people become when immigration is high and economic issues start to go south. Now they'll be subject to hate campaigns and all sorts. Taste of their own medicine I hear you say. Well that's all well and good but these people probably have families.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

*/Checks list for dsmythy details...... */

dsmythy wrote: »
    The list isn't current nor accurate so any young revolutionaries looking to vandalise property might want to check who's inside first.

There's a good reason people in the BNP don't want their details released to the public domain. That reason is they will be under physical threat from those opposed to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Blisterman wrote: »
    Uh oh, there's two people on the list with the same name as me. Hope noone thinks that's me.

And before anyone says it, it really isn't me.

Is your surname Hitler?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Morlar wrote: »
    If you think it is ok to publish that then you should also agree with publishing the same level of detail in the equivalent list of people who support the more extreme parties on the left. I would not agree with publishing either list to be honest.

The far right have been publishing the names and addresses of individuals within the leftist community for years, with the intention of bringing harassment or worse upon them.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

But karmas a bitch...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sean_K wrote: »
    Apparently there's kids listed on it, it's a bit of an ethical minefield IMO.

There's kids listed on it because members can buy a family membership for £40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

There's kids listed on it because members can buy a family membership for £40.

Family membership sounds so wrong - signing your kids up to a political party they may grow to resent (and since it's BNP I imagine many would resent it.)

Don't mind the names so much but I don't think it's right that all their contact details be published, because they could receive death threats, harassment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

dresden8 wrote: »

Eh, they are allowed to be members of a political party they are required to step down if they run for the council elections or the general elections, and I think should they fail to be elected they have the right to be reinstated to their position.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    What's the problem. Are these people only wanting to support the BNP in secrecy?

"political affiliation" is one of the "protected data groups" under the UK Data Protection Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Because there's no bigger idiot than an Irish idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

eoin_s wrote: »
    Don't know what's funnier - the human rights or the data protection part.

Damn beaten to it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ponster wrote: »
    "political affiliation" is one of the "protected data groups" under the UK Data Protection Act.

I understand that. If someone is wanting to support a political party then why the shame in others finding out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I understand that. If someone is wanting to support a political party then why the shame in others finding out?

its not the shame, its the discrimination that they will face that is the issue. Rightly or Worngly( and I believe wrongly) they support the BNP,
    but they know that by supporting this polictical party that they will be discriminated against, loose jobs, become outcasts to a degree in society...all because of their beliefs.
    like it or not they have the right to think this way and support the BNP and the right to support a political party without fear of reprisals.

Advertisement