Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNP members list leaked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Any Boardies on it?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What's the problem. Are these people only wanting to support the BNP in secrecy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why the outrage?
    If they are happy to be a member they shouldn't be afraid to show it.

Sure we've a few FF supporters on boards like ninetyniner and they are well able to defend themselves and give their points of view.

I'd say the members in the army are fecked, could be grounds for dismissal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Yah, with the IRA, there is a reason why you dont want your details revealed.
    but like, a legal national party, whats the reason for pretending your not a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

galwayrush wrote: »
    Any Boardies on it?:pac:

Just checked it. 2 or 3 Irish people on it.

Good few in the army (reg & territorial)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Check out the BNP site - they are none too happy about it which instantly makes me feel good.

There's a fair bit of coverage on indymedia and Lancaster Unity but you have to do a bit of digging to find the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

micmclo wrote: »
    Why the outrage?

Sure we've a few FF supporters on boards like ninetyniner and they are well able to defend themselves and give their points of view.

I know for sure that any cops in it will be sacked at once its a rule in all English police forces.

Would they be sacked too if they were members of Labour, Tories or Lib Democrats?
    Like is it a ban on membership of all parties?

I know the Irish Defense forces have this in place, for Irish political parties obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

After one person, it says:
    Discretion required re. employment concerns
    Police officer

Sucks for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Would they be sacked too if they were members of Labour, Tories or Lib Democrats

only the bnp i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Conor108 wrote: »
    After one person, it says:

Sucks for them

Serves em right. Anyone got a link? I did some digging earlier but no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

epic lulz

I see a councillor/Mayor on the list. Epic lulz indeed.

cornbb wrote: »
    I see a councillor/Mayor on the list. Epic lulz indeed.

I googled that councillor and they make no secret of the fact they are in the BNP.
    They clearly state in on the council website. They are an elected representative for the BNP, they hold quite a few council seats.

I'm glad that police chief inspector is retired, that'd be a scandel alright due to the high rank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I might email a few of them and send them a Nelson Ha Ha pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

'member describes himself as a witch: potential embarrassment if active'

oic.

'Would like to help but limited due to ill health/family circumstances. Request for absolute confidentiality'

Ironically this guy's details included what degrees he has studied, and what looks like all of his skills and jobs.

'Membership suspended 20.9.05 (inappropriate tattoo). Suspension lifted 27.09.05'

Wonder what it was?

Funny that the BNP members are at risk of getting fired.

I knew a guy once who was a member of a stalinist party. Seems to have kept his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Gauge wrote: »
    'member describes himself as a witch: potential embarrassment if active'

oic.

'Would like to help but limited due to ill health/family circumstances. Request for absolute confidentiality'

Ironically this guy's details included what degrees he has studied, and what looks like all of his skills and jobs.

'Membership suspended 20.9.05 (inappropriate tattoo). Suspension lifted 27.09.05'

Wonder what it was?

I <3 Jews perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

He was only suspended for a week though, must have changed it to ':( Jews' fairly fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

micmclo wrote: »
    Why the outrage?

The bnp are perfectly legal & you cant sack somone for their political beliefs.

I would have a problem with that list being published. It could lead to intimidation and harassment. If you think it is ok to publish that then you should also agree with publishing the same level of detail in the equivalent list of people who support the more extreme parties on the left. I would not agree with publishing either list to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The list isn't current nor accurate so any young revolutionaries looking to vandalise property might want to check who's inside first.

There's a good reason people in the BNP don't want their details released to the public domain. That reason is they will be under physical threat from those opposed to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Morlar wrote: »

I would have a problem with that list being published. It could lead to intimidation and harassment. If you think it is ok to publish that then you should also agree with publishing the same level of detail in the equivalent list of people who support the more extreme parties on the left. I would not agree with publishing either list to be honest.

I'd be in agreement, although their agendas are f*cking horsesh*t, my problem would be that these people have been put at risk. It's dangerous to have your address and personal details floating about the net so publicly never mind being linked to the BNP.

Morlar wrote: »

I guess you're right, as much as I despise their world view they are still entitled to their privacy. The bastard in me is laughing with glee at them though.

I think there have been to attempts to sack people because of BNP membership. Definitely policemen ( although that makes sense to a certain extent)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

One guy has a PO box at The Colleges of Applied Science, Sultanate of Oman...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Conor108 wrote: »
    Is it ok to post it?

The BNP are taking legal advice on the issue so whatever Boards' legal policy is with regards to non-irish events and how it affects their editing will show us if it's alright or not. Shouldn't be a problem though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

cornbb wrote: »
    I guess you're right, as much as I despise their world view they are still entitled to their privacy. The bastard in me is laughing with glee at them though.

My sentiments exactly, respect their right to privacy but loving their lack of it too - does that make me a bad person ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LOL Found the list after Digging around.
    Didn't take long to find it.

Guess there a lot of folk peed off right now and will be looking over their shoulder for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

One of them is a Galway postmaster by the looks of it and another from Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Uh oh, there's two people on the list with the same name as me. Hope noone thinks that's me.

And before anyone says it, it really isn't me.

Advertisement