Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Loved LOVED LOVED Larsson's goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Loved LOVED LOVED Larsson's goal.

twas a grand finish but the defending was enough to make Arsehead Wenger blush. Worried to see Suarez so tired but thats understandable after coming back after the Copa.

Another underachieving start followed by a comeback in the last 3 months for Liverpool by the looks of it.

Another underachieving start followed by a comeback in the last 3 months for Liverpool by the looks of it.

I wouldn't start writing our obituary of the season just yet its not as if we're title challengers but fúck it we'll surely improve on the fitness seeing us struggle in the 2nd half reminded me of Galway gasping for air at times in both codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Come on the Boro!

• Advertisement

I've just realised from watching Demba Ba that I hate West Ham. And they even had Tomas Hitzelsperger last season.

I've just realised from watching Demba Ba that I hate West Ham. And they even had Tomas Hitzelsperger last season.

West Ham were a right shower of overpaid ****. Joey Barton is priceless LOL at his new Charlie Brown inspired haircut

Joey Barton has been amazing today. Steven Taylor also deserves credit.

Joey Barton has been amazing today. Steven Taylor also deserves credit.

joey barton is just hilarious. But he wouldn't of been wound up had Song not stamped on him. Hope the Fa follow up on that, was as bad a bit of Sportsmanship as what happened out on the pitch.

That result will be difficult to Swellow to quote arsene. Makes our game against them next week even bigger,arsenal played nice stuff at times but didn't take the chances as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm not that worried with the squad tbh. It's a young squad that still has to gel. We were awesome first half. Adam and Downing were excellent but we looked lost for the 2nd half. Larsson's goal was unreal but the defending was shocking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I cannot believe Wenger actually said he didn't think the red card was deserved and he was going to appeal; yes, Barton exaggerated it but it was a red card regardless. You don't slap someone. And to complain about that when Song should have gotten a straight red as well....

I cannot believe Wenger actually said he didn't think the red card was deserved and he was going to appeal; yes, Barton exaggerated it but it was a red card regardless. You don't slap someone. And to complain about that when Song should have gotten a straight red as well....

Typical wenger with his selective vision, Gervinho deserved the red for Stupidity alone(and his Sven like receeding hairline). Ireland are playing a shocker in the Rugby warm up game,10 points down & very lucky that its only that.

Just read that Arsenal's next two games, and thus the ones Gervy is going to miss, are against Liverpool and Man United. Well done dude, get yourself suspended for two of your teams biggest games of the year in your PL debut.

Third game would be Swansea...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If you check out my column for two reasons this week, it's to see CMPunks awesome banner and for the Booker T Drinking Game!

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/197817/The-411-Wrestling-Hot-or-Not-8.14.11:-CM-Punk,-Booker-T-Drining-Game,-Daizze-Haze-and-More!.htm

HA! Gas the guy who made the Pedobear sign and the troll face one just emailed me thanking me for using his sign and sent a higher quality picture of it at home :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

At the end of the day it was a fairly decent point for Arsenal to take away from Newcastle, considering Fabregas and Nasri have yet to be replaced, Wilshire was also injured, and the bonus of a clean sheet.

Song and Gervinho were stupid, I can see Song getting a 2 or 3 match ban by the FA too for that stamp. On the plus side, Song doesn't look like Morgan Freeman anymore, but he needs to watch his temper.

I cannot believe Wenger actually said he didn't think the red card was deserved;

What he actually said was, and I quote from Arsenal.com;

on what he thought of Gervinho’s red card..
    "I think I saw two yellows (for Gervinho and Barton) or two reds but not one yellow and one red."

Personally I would have given both a red card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

My twitter is becoming too much like my Facebook in a way. Too many women and lesbians follow me now so I cant say offence things anymore. I was going to say there is more lesbians in town today than on the Shimmer roster but like eight people will unfollow me.

Charisteas wrote: »
    What he actually said was, and I quote from Arsenal.com;

on what he thought of Gervinho’s red card..
    "I think I saw two yellows (for Gervinho and Barton) or two reds but not one yellow and one red."

Personally I would have given both a red card.

I agree with that quote but I'm talking about the interview I saw him give on ESPN straight after the match; (iirc) he said it shouldn't have been a red for Gervinho and he was going to appeal it, which sounds less like a "If Barton only got yellow, so should Gervinho" comment and more of a "Gervinho was innocent".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

What performance by the Dublin minors. That's some rate of scoring.

• Advertisement

^ Waterford getting some goals in "garbage time".

Here's hoping Dubs won't bottle it in the big one.

Oh De Gea -_-

Oh De Gea -_-

What happened? Missed the Long goal.

Tipp vs Kilkenny again. Bit of a pig of a semi final like last weeks game but the final will hopefully be a great game.

Dunno I enjoyed it in a "Dublin really held their own and might have lived up to the hype" kinda way. If they had a few players back from injury it could have been a lot closer.

Charisteas wrote: »
    What happened? Missed the Long goal.

Yeah. Long passed it along the ground in the direction of the goal. De Gea fell rather than dived to save it and let it roll straight past him into the net.

Dunno I enjoyed it in a "Dublin really held their own and might have lived up to the hype" kinda way. If they had a few players back from injury it could have been a lot closer.

At times it reminded me of heaven forbid a football game with a load of holding up players & the chasing down which causes almost rucks of ground hurling. It was more competitive than I thought it'd be all the same.

GTR63 wrote: »
    At times it reminded me of heaven forbid a football game with a load of holding up players & the chasing down which causes almost rucks of ground hurling. It was more competitive than I thought it'd be all the same.

Dublin are a top side, I expected them to give Tipp a game. I was saying that to you earlier in the year after the Galway game, Dublin are no joke. They are here to stay at the top level too. This decades Clare. The Daly will go back to Clare and take their young lads to All Ireland. Quote me on this in 6 years time :pac:

• Advertisement

Dublin are a top side, I expected them to give Tipp a game. I was saying that to you earlier in the year after the Galway game, Dublin are no joke. They are here to stay at the top level too. This decades Clare. The Daly will go back to Clare and take their young lads to All Ireland. Quote me on this in 6 years time :pac:

Don't quite know about Daly going back to Clare he's very well paid in Dublin if i'm not mistaken. Dublin's fitness really makes up the difference for them in these games they are by a large distance the fittest team in the country wish we'd work on it more it'd make a difference & we wouldn't of been ran & played off the pitch as easily as we were against Waterford. Looking at Real vs Barca at the moment Villa's goal was just a peach

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement