Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yep and Nasri will be gone in the next 7 days too. Wenger needs to make 4 new signings before the window shuts.

4 signings are a centre midfielder,a left back,forward & at least one Centre back. Though you lot missed a trick not signing Steklenberg from ajax who went to Roma for only €6m,the bargain buy of the summer imo. Eto'o could end up going to Anzhi & earn a eyewatering €20m a year in wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KingBot

rovert wrote: »
    In other media news City Channel is closing. Sucks for those involved but still:

25 talented people lost their jobs in there and you joke about it. Hope you are proud of yourself my man !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

GTR63 wrote: »
    Cmpunked is on Tumbir isn't he.

I am indeed. Dont post to it as much as i used to. Use it more for seeing whats going on with other people/blogs.

The easiest way to describe tumblr is like one central hub for nearly any kind of news you want. From any angle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Good Luck in Shanghai Bounty Hunter.
    [Embedded Image Removed]

cheers man, this place is mad but after Taiwan im sure ill get used to it quick. Seems to be a lot less english here though so I think ill be forced to learn more chinese than just enough to say to people im Sorry I dont speak very good Chinese do you speak English.

Use Facebook myself though I know the thing can be a fecking headwrecker due to a number of reasons but mostly afaic the amount of time some people spend on it (my GF for example cant live without out for example, like how some would be without a phone) and cos of the security settings. One thing though ill say for it is that mostly its up to yourself as regards what info you put up on it and what youa llow people see etc I actually set up a FB page for my parents recently because they realised virtually all our relative including grannies etc have FB pages and they wanted to stay in contact. They put virtually no personal info on the page and dont have a wall so people have to message their inbox if they want to contact them. They now have it set that people cant tag them nor sign them into locations etc...

there are some decent security stuff on there (a lot that FB were forced to put on) but very few people use them.

Coincidently FB is banned here in China as is Youtube but there is a way around that which I plan to have up and running very soon. Tis a program easily downloaded called Freegate that allows access to all those sites the chinese government have banned from common use.

Used Bebo for a while back when it first started but never really liked it, think the last message on my Bebo page was "Facebook is for Gays" and it was sent by my brother who has now had a FB page for about 2 years.

Twitter I may use more soon just to follow journalist and Wrestlers etc but I dont think ill ever really post too much on it myself though I could be wrong. Sure I only ever set the thing up for a storyline in the boards draft thread.

tumbler/Google + / whatecer else there is I've no idea about and I dont want to unless one of them replaces all the others currently popular, not that i just follow trends but these things are obviously handy for getting info / keeping in touch with folk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

KingBot wrote: »
    25 talented people lost their jobs in there and you joke about it. Hope you are proud of yourself my man !

That's some selective reading there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cmpunked is on Tumbir isn't he. About to brace myself to watch HardCore Justice. Seems Cesc is off to Barca.

Finally it feels like longest transfer saga ever

I doubt the premiership will start this weekend over the riots

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Finally it feels like longest transfer saga ever

I doubt the premiership will start this weekend over the riots

Are the riots still going on,though the rain would of Dampened their enthuisiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Spurs/Everton is off anyway:( QPR's game will probably be the only other doubt

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Anyone watch the Cleaveland show? What's it's best episode called?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Cleaveland show? What's it's best episode called?
    Any episode where theres a Peter or Quagmire cameo. The Cleveland Show is awful imo.

• Advertisement

i know, i got up to 5 minutes into the 2nd episode and never watched again, it was horrible. But thought i'd give it another try.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The greatest cleveland show episode is called family guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The best character isn't in either. Roger is the only MacFarlane character who is consistently funny these days.

I was asking around for the best ep; started watching it. Had to turn it off after ~8 minutes. Couldn't do it, the character types píss me off so much. I just don't care to hear about what they have to say. Might try again in 2 years lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

jmolloy wrote: »

They so are,i'd love to see a scrap between Sesame Street vs The Muppets. I reckon the muppets woule kick their asses. Seems Cesc is even closer to Barca,no Nasri in tomorrows squad either not a good omen for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

All the characters of Sesame Street are also Muppets too no?

Not all them featured on the Muppet Show or Muppet Babies, but they are all technically Muppets.

Fraggle Rock was all Muppets too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What's a muppet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gimmick wrote: »
    What's a muppet?

x2
    Jedward-crop1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What's a muppet?

SRSLY?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What's a muppet?

Well it's not quite a mop...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Seems Cesc is even closer to Barca,no Nasri in tomorrows squad either not a good omen for them.

They are both 90% gone. Our midfield tomorrow is likely to be Walcott, Song, Rosicky, and Arshavin, which should carry us over the line against Udinese in the CL anyway until reinforcements are made. Wilshire is due back soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

They are both 90% gone. Our midfield tomorrow is likely to be Walcott, Song, Rosicky, and Arshavin, which should carry us over the line against Udinese in the CL anyway until reinforcements are made. Wilshire is due back soon too.
    Will Ramsey play? I have in my FF team.

Unconfirmed reports that Galway United have tabled a bid for Fabregas. Believed to be in the region of two Twix's.

Unconfirmed reports that Galway United have tabled a bid for Fabregas. Believed to be in the region of two Twix's.

Deal fell through one of the twix wrappers was opened. Who wouldn't want to join a team that has played like we have the last 20 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Voltwad wrote: »
    Will Ramsey play? I have in my FF team.

He may well start next to Song in the middle. Wenger really likes him, so he could get the nod over Rosicky. Hard to say really though, they could both play if we go 4-5-1. Ask in the Arsenal forum!

I think yee are a bit lucky Udinese sold Zapata,Inler & Sanchez they'd of really put it up to yee if they had them 3.

Deal fell through one of the twix wrappers was opened. Who wouldn't want to join a team that has played like we have the last 20 matches.
    A bitesize mars bar has been offered on a determined matches-played agreement. Now we await personal terms.

• Advertisement

Ugh fúcking appalling 2nd half from Liverpool. We looked out of shape like Fish N Chip fest Blackpool did last season. The less said about the pea green Flanagan & Vanilla Henderson the better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement