Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV's with MPEG4 DTT decoder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

STB wrote: »
    He has a mirror of the same question below a few thread down Cush.

I actually dont believe this is true. I think its just header data for the logo rather than a full blown MHEG5 written EPG.

The MHEG5 EPG works on my LG. Press green button.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

In case anyone is interested, I just set up a Sony 32W5810 in Wexford town with a satellite input as well as a roof ariel pointed towards wales. I set the zone as UK, entering a London postcode. It has picked up all the freesat channels and RTE1, RTE2, TG4 and the test card for TV3 on digital. I have RTE2, TV3 and TG4 analogue.

Would the post code BT11AA work Dont know the London post code but have the Derby one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Would the post code BT11AA work Dont know the London post code but have the Derby one.

Any valid post code will work but it is the postcode thatd etermines your regional variation. NI and Scottish postcodes wont get ITV HD on the early part of the guide.

slegs wrote: »
    Any valid post code will work but it is the postcode thatd etermines your regional variation. NI and Scottish postcodes wont get ITV HD on the early part of the guide.

BT11AA was recommended in some other thread when a postcode was needed for an Irish address. I dont know where it is the post code for. Do you know the London postcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Try any London postcode!

Buckingham Palace - SW1A 1AA

• Advertisement

Try any London postcode!

Buckingham Palace - SW1A 1AA
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Doklett

Does anyone know if these would have MPEG4 DVB-T capabilities?

Samsung SynchMaster 2333HD
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4228693/art/samsung/syncmaster-2333hd-23-wide.html

Samsung SynchMaster P2270HD
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3271319/art/samsung/syncmaster-p2270hd-22-wid.html

DVB-T feature mention in technical specs of both, does this mean they are MPEG4 DVB-T?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Doklett wrote: »
    DVB-T feature mention in technical specs of both, does this mean they are MPEG4 DVB-T?

No, could be MPEG-2 or 4, not mentioned in that list of specs. Get your hands on the full list of specs and look for MPEG-4 or H.264/AVC, AVC/H.264, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, or MPEG-4/H.264 AVC under video.

Try the samsung website or download a manual if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Samsung SynchMaster P2270HD
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3271319/art/samsung/syncmaster-p2270hd-22-wid.html

Afaik, they are both mpeg4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

I bought this fella in Curry's and it has both MPEG 2 & 4 - all Irish DTT and UK Freeview channels picked up from through an aerial in wexford, and sorts them well too. Also has the fancy text for both Irish and UK channels, and certainly views the Irish HD channel too, waiting for UK HD channels to start broadcasting from Wales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Doklett

Thanks for all the info guys, think i'll go for the 2333HD so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭Talisman

BostonB wrote: »
    How much was the 32W5810
    It's €519 in the Sony Stores sale in Jervis Centre and on Stephen's Green. This may be due to the Peats offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Talisman wrote: »
    It's €519 in the Sony Stores sale in Jervis Centre and on Stephen's Green. This may be due to the Peats offer.

I thought the Sony Stores and Peats are one and the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭piaget

Was doing the initial set-up on an LG 42PJ350 last night and had a UPC analogue connection going into the aerial socket but to my surprise the TV pulled all the DTT TV and radio stations and then the UPC analogue stations after, displayed them all perfectly for a while although there was huge pixellation on RTE1.

When I went back in they were gone and the TV said no signal although it kept all the placeholders and names (6 for TV and 10 for radio).

Would'nt have thought it would find anything given the source was UPC analogue run from their digital box.

Anyone else notice this on initial scan.

piaget wrote: »
    Was doing the initial set-up on an LG 42PJ350 last night and had a UPC analogue connection going into the aerial socket but to my surprise the TV pulled all the DTT TV and radio stations and then the UPC analogue stations after, displayed them all perfectly for a while although there was huge pixellation on RTE1.

When I went back in they were gone and the TV said no signal although it kept all the placeholders and names (6 for TV and 10 for radio).

Would'nt have thought it would find anything given the source was UPC analogue run from their digital box.

Anyone else notice this on initial scan.

More than likely the DTT signal leaked into the UPC cable. It's common enough in strong signal areas, especially if the cable is old.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

I just picked one for Fulham - think it was SW6 7DU

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

just pick one of football grounds and find the address on the web, that should give you a post code for anywhere you want in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Living in Armagh and just bought a Sony 32EX403 television with inbuilt Freeview HD for £399 at M&S (that includes a £100 scrappage offered on this model by M&S and some other stores, it also includes a five year guarantee. So all round good value).

Access to FTA services from the Republic was one of my main reasons for buying and I am not disappointed with the signal. RTE 1, 2 and TnaG offer a great picture but there is one fault I'm picking up and maybe someone can offer advice.

The voice and picture on the Republics stations are slightly out of sync and you know what it's like when you're watching someone speak and the voice and lips are not working together. All UK and Northern Irish channels are in sync.

Anybody offer a suggestion as to what might be wrong and how I can correct the fault.

Kevin

I believe the lip-sync is a problem with the source rather than your TV. Unless the TV has settings for off-setting the sound to match it up with the video, you'll just have to grin and bear it until RTÉ fix it. I can't say I have noticed it on my Samsung, but I haven't watched the RTÉ channels on it in the last day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

RTE Lipsync was terrible wednesday night from Cairn Hill on my Panny PZ81 even after a re-scan, upside was I managed to pick up some Freeview stations from Brougher Mountain so watched that Wed night, signal only broke up 1 second every 5 mins ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭Talisman

Argos are selling the Samsung LE37B550 for €479.99. I presume this will work with DTT, it says MPEG4 on the description.

Yes, the B450 range and higher on the Samsungs are all MPEG4. I have the LE32B450 and it works a treat.

Talisman wrote: »

So I was robbed in Cork I paid €569

I just picked one for Fulham - think it was SW6 7DU
    Set up the Sony 5810 to day Shop said it would work from Ireland, Got 959 channels but can I sort these into the ones I want????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Set up the Sony 5810 to day Shop said it would work from Ireland, Got 959 channels but can I sort these into the ones I want????

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

kah22 wrote: »
    Living in Armagh and just bought a Sony 32EX403 television with inbuilt Freeview HD for £399 at M&S (that includes a £100 scrappage offered on this model by M&S and some other stores, it also includes a five year guarantee. So all round good value).

Access to FTA services from the Republic was one of my main reasons for buying and I am not disappointed with the signal. RTE 1, 2 and TnaG offer a great picture but there is one fault I'm picking up and maybe someone can offer advice.

The voice and picture on the Republics stations are slightly out of sync and you know what it's like when you're watching someone speak and the voice and lips are not working together. All UK and Northern Irish channels are in sync.

Anybody offer a suggestion as to what might be wrong and how I can correct the fault.

Kevin
    Not sure about the audio sync issue. Not watching DTT on this one just yet.

Picked this TV up at the weekend. €530 in Argos (reduced by over €300). Same model was over €100 more expensive in a Sony Centre in the same shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Hi is it possible to get the Irish DTT on this TV? Im looking for one that has the Irish DTT and HD UK Freeview

Sony Bravia KDL40EX503U

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Mark27 wrote: »
    Hi is it possible to get the Irish DTT on this TV? Im looking for one that has the Irish DTT and HD UK Freeview

Sony Bravia KDL40EX503U

Thanks
    Any UK Freeview HD can receive Irish DTT

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Mark27 wrote: »

Sony Bravia KDL40EX503U

Thanks
    Yes. I'm receiving RTE1, 2 and TnaG, plus RTE's news station, and there are also two tests channels for RTNL.

So far I haven't picked up TV3

My aerial is pointed towards Monaghan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Perfect thanks guys!

Advertisement