Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Nenagh to Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I wonder if she mixed Nenagh-Castletown and Birdhill-Limerick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Stark wrote: »
    I wonder if she mixed Nenagh-Castletown and Birdhill-Limerick up.

Her emails do seem a little confused? I just copied and pasted her replies! I presume she would have done the same with the NRA's replies!
    Either way it reads for quite depressing Reading if you are a regular commuter from Nenagh to Limerick? The Shunnel may actually be opened well in advance of Birdhill Limerick stretch?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's very good news if Castletown -Nenagh is opening end of April as that's a significant stretch of motorway. All estimates from here give October as the earliest though. Given that Birdhill-Limerick was originally supposed to open a month or two after Nenagh-Birdhill, I'd say it is likely that there's some confusion there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭roosterman71

It's very good news if Castletown -Nenagh is opening end of April as that's a significant stretch of motorway. All estimates from here give October as the earliest though. Given that Birdhill-Limerick was originally supposed to open a month or two after Nenagh-Birdhill, I'd say it is likely that there's some confusion there.

No way will the Nenagh-Castletown open before end of April. Its months behind the Portlaoise-Castletown stretch and thats penciled in for end of May opening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Apologies lads if its faulty information i have provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

i went nenagh - limerick this morning and it's certainly not ready to open tomorrow so there goes another deadline, this is now getting to a ridiculous stage :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

ah for fack sake! typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

slinky2000 wrote: »
    ah for fack sake! typical!

well they did say before or after easter so only another week or 2, not long when there about 2 years late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

i know, I was just looking forward to it when I travel to dublin on friday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

in hindsight ladies & gents, we never had any official communication of opening date from the contractor / nra.
    given the history of this project, we should have known better than to get our hopes up.
    still, it's depressing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

Update from the AA website, Nenagh to Birdhill section to open by end of March.

Tipperary - The M7 Nenagh/Birdhill Rd is expected to open by the end of March
    Updated: 25/03/2010 12:37:06
    The 15.5km stretch of M7 between Nenagh and Birdhill comprises high quality dual carriageway built to motorway standard, with a single carriageway link to the main road at Birdhill and the upgrading of 10 km of the Nenagh bypass to dual carriageway standard. There are two more phases on the M7 still to be completed. The next section from Nenagh north to Castletown will be open in Spring/ Summer. The final section from Birdhill to the Limerick Southern Ring Road will open by the end of 2010.

Web link: http://tinyurl.com/ygal6jz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭roosterman71

So the bit through the bog is planned to open by the end of the year?? I see alot of replies to this thread whinging about how thats unacceptable!!

And the Castletown-Nenagh section won't open in spring/summer. Not this year anyway

thanks...
    that's within the next 6 days.... (or should that be daze ? ;))
    lukejr wrote: »

Tipperary - The M7 Nenagh/Birdhill Rd is expected to open by the end of March
    Updated: 25/03/2010 12:37:06
    The 15.5km stretch of M7 between Nenagh and Birdhill comprises high quality dual carriageway built to motorway standard, with a single carriageway link to the main road at Birdhill and the upgrading of 10 km of the Nenagh bypass to dual carriageway standard. There are two more phases on the M7 still to be completed. The next section from Nenagh north to Castletown will be open in Spring/ Summer. The final section from Birdhill to the Limerick Southern Ring Road will open by the end of 2010.

Web link: http://tinyurl.com/ygal6jz

if they expect nenagh-castletown to open before limerick-birdhill (bog section) then either:
    1. there has been a CATASTROPHIC structural failure on this section
    - or -
    2. mysterious was right all along...

agree with roosterman, no way nenagh-castletown will open this summer.

of course, another option is that aa roadwatch have the sections confused?

So the bit through the bog is planned to open by the end of the year?? I see alot of replies to this thread whinging about how thats unacceptable!!

And the Castletown-Nenagh section won't open in spring/summer. Not this year anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Anybody manage to get photos of the collapse over in the Mire of Gloom ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

i drove over the motorway on the roscrea/templemore road this morning, no way will it be open this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

It sounds like maybe they should have built a bridge over the bog, i wonder was that even considered in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oddiot

lukejr wrote: »

It has also been posted by the NRA to twitter... Yes, they tweet!!!! http://twitter.com/nraireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

oddiot wrote: »
    It has also been posted by the NRA to twitter... Yes, they tweet!!!! http://twitter.com/nraireland

Excellent find! I wasn't aware of that. I'll put it into one of those stickied threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭123easy

Bodan wrote: »
    It sounds like maybe they should have built a bridge over the bog, i wonder was that even considered in the first place.

Bridges also need foundations:D. plus the bog is a couple of km long. An extradosed bridge across the bog piled to the bottom of planet earth would make for aa nice sight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

i drove over the motorway on the roscrea/templemore road this morning, no way will it be open this summer.

Oh god oh god. I forecasted that months ago at least some bit is opening. Just being reading the other threads on slow progress....What a joke of a country:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

SARASON wrote: »
    Oh god oh god. I forecasted that months ago at least some bit is opening. Just being reading the other threads on slow progress....What a joke of a country:rolleyes:

What a ridiculous comment, you'd almost swear that these things dont happen elsewhere. Actually the delays we experience are quite mild compared to others i've heard of!

Roryhy wrote: »
    What a ridiculous comment, you'd almost swear that these things dont happen elsewhere. Actually the delays we experience are quite mild compared to others i've heard of!

I agree. The NRA has done a superb job in the last 5 years in relation to efficency and value for money on the the inter urbans. This is just one blip but i suppose this road would be open by now if roadbridge was the contractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

Yeah, well there have been 2 or 3 blips now(Waterford to Knocktopher being notable) but the bog of doom was a tough one to see coming. In gereral i think the NRA do their job well but sharing a little more information and an upgrade to their website are a must!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭d1980

123easy wrote: »
    I agree. The NRA has done a superb job in the last 5 years in relation to efficency and value for money on the the inter urbans. This is just one blip but i suppose this road would be open by now if roadbridge was the contractor
    1 blip can be accounted by the bog, but there is no reason why Nenagh/Birdhill couldnt have opened sooner....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Roryhy wrote: »

Whos we you heard of. Maybe its road building in beirut or third world your thinking of. Sorry i meant to say ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

SARASON wrote: »
    Whos we you heard of. Maybe its road building in beirut or third world your thinking of. Sorry i meant to say ireland.

While I think it's rather ignominious that the M7 has been halted by a bog which everyone knew was there, infrastructural mishaps do occur all over the place. This is one to read about (see the construction section).

Furet wrote: »
    While I think it's rather ignominious that the M7 has been halted by a bog which everyone knew was there, infrastructural mishaps do occur all over the place. This is one to read about (see the construction section).

Now thats abysmal!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭clon

Front page article in the county edtion of the Limerick Leader this week on The M7 limerick to Nenagh road.Only info is that Nenagh to Birdhill is to open by the end of next week and that the NRA have no opening date for the bog section to open.Shows one picture of the bog section but don't know ho old it is.The article is not on the online edtion of the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

clon wrote: »
    Shows one picture of the bog section

There are 2 bog sections Clon and it appears we were concentrating on the wrong section around here until recently.

Any photos from the Mire of Gloom .....anybody??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement