Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Nenagh to Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

fresca wrote: »
    So you think maybe Rossbrien to Red Cow might be less than 90 mins?

I've no idea what it would take to go from the Red Cow to Dublin city centre (depends on time of day, i guess).

I also have no idea now long it would take to go from limerick city centre to the rossbrien interchange.

hopefully, the M7 will be complete by christmas (this year!!)...

I done Henry Street Limerick to Dublin airport in 2hr 20min last night so I'd be hoping when the whole motorway is open it'll be under 2hrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    You obviously wont be driving to Dublin City centre if you are going to the T1?

Why not?

Otherwise I would have to take the M50 North and jump down through the tunnel.

€2 M50
    €10 Tunnel

Why would I want to do that?

7am in the morning. Straight down Naas road, past Heuston Station, onto Quays and straight on until I hit the Ferry Terminal. Also I actually need to get some biofuel on a road near Croke Park so thats the best way for me.

Now back to the M7.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You dont have to take the tunnel to get to the airport. But if you dont want to pay toll then its your choice

Tis only 2 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark

He's taking a ferry, not a plane.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote: »
    He's taking a ferry, not a plane.

Ha ha just saw that in the original post. My bad - sorry Berty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 han68

slinky2000 wrote: »
    I done Henry Street Limerick to Dublin airport in 2hr 20min last night so I'd be hoping when the whole motorway is open it'll be under 2hrs!

I can concur with that, drive every Monday up from Ballyneety to Clarehall, leave around 4.45, at the Red Cow just under 2 hours while keeping speed limits. From there to Airport would be indeed anything between 10 and 20 minutes around that time

slinky2000 wrote: »

You must have been doing well over speed limit to do it in such quick time?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 solidwork

All the posts over the last couple of days give an impression that the road is very close to being finished. The images also support this. Why wud they put in a big effort in putting up barriers and signage to divert traffic in to birdhill when the road is so close to being finished in its entirity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chalky2005

HI all,

Have been watching your updates for the last while as I travel from nenagh to Dublin most days, so the sooner the road is finished the better. I was speaking to a mate who is working on the M7 nenagh birdhill section. Due to open next week 25th march. As for the birdhill limerick section, not good news. he was saying a big section has collasped again in the bog of doom, Talks now they might have to dig the whole lot out until they meet solid ground as the piles are not working. what a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Someone get over there NOW with a camera ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

Which bog area did it collapse in, if I get a chance at the weekend I could go over for a look.

I would be surprised if it collapsed though and very worried. Considering it hasn't rained heavy for three weeks, and no traffic on the road yet. Will wait and see if we can get this confirmed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

lukejr wrote: »
    Which bog area did it collapse in, if I get a chance at the weekend I could go over for a look..

Something collapsed in the Mire of Gloom after christmas and was photoed by the Nenagh paper. Maybe that is the confusion.

Yet you found the mire of gloom in Annaholty was OK when you photoed it. Best check both of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

I would say that's the confusion alright.

If it's dry Saturday I will walk both bog sections with my camera and gps and post results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Something collapsed in the Mire of Gloom after christmas and was photoed by the Nenagh paper. Maybe that is the confusion.

Yet you found the mire of gloom in Annaholty was OK when you photoed it. Best check both of them :)

Maybe the Crab People are rising up resulting in the latest bit of subsidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In order for something to collapse the sub sections of it must have sank or eroded which is highly unlikely.

They sub sections consist of steel reinforced piles, topped by rubber base's, topped by 1 mtr thick concrete base which is then topped by 3 layer of sub base aggregate which is then topped by 3 layers of blacktop.

For it to collapse like......................................the condell road 6/7 years ago is highly unlikely. A bit of erosion around the edges or cracking of the upper layer of blacktop at the edge is likely especially considering they have addressed this by putting in more piles around the sides of contetious areas.

Let's hold off until somebody takes a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Anyone else spot the new motorway signage on the current N7 towards the Newport interchange, one of the signs has a typo of M2 on it instead of the M20.

Lining and studding is 90% on the Birdhill to Limerick section, will they open the whole project instead of partial at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

tech2 wrote: »
    Anyone else spot the new motorway signage on the current N7 towards the Newport interchange, one of the signs has a typo of M2 on it instead of the M20.

Lining and studding is 90% on the Birdhill to Limerick section, will they open the whole project instead of partial at this stage?

The feeling on the boards here is that only nenagh - birdhill will open somewhere around the 24th / 25th march.
    The bottom line though is I suppose nobody knows.
    I still haven't received a reply to my email to Mr John O'Brien Project Liaision Officer, of the 11th march.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64861295&postcount=1045

Somehow, i get the feeling, that the contractor doesn't know either....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

It would be great if we could get onto Matt Cooper or someone about this. Surely the public are entitled to a full explanation on this. Its coming up to a year late.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

Deedsie wrote: »
    It would be great if we could get onto Matt Cooper or someone about this. Surely the public are entitled to a full explanation on this. Its coming up to a year late.

I emailed George Hook on the 10th March.
    therighthook@newstalk.ie

he obviously didn't pick it up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chalky2005

Just sent this to Matt Cooper show, Will be interesting to see if I get any reply, fingers crossed.

Hi Matt.
    I listen to your show everyday. Keep up the good work. I have a query in relation to the Motorway between nenagh and limerick. It is now nearly a year over due. People are emailing all the time to find out when is it going to open but are not getting any replies. It is our tax payers money that is being used to build this and there is no information being released about this. There is a part of the road going through a bog and they are consistly trying to repair it but then more problems then arise. Road keeps caving in. If you go onto boards.ie you will see the forum on it. about 73 pages on nenagh limerick section compare to an average of 10 pages on the rest of any other motorway project. I think it would be a good subject to have as part of your evening program as at this stage there is a lot of interest in this but no information to be got other than eye witness reports. Can you let me know if you will feature this on any of your programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Passed through this morning and again this afternoon.

This morning just as I joined the nenagh bypass heading for Dublin it was finished except for 1 section of concrete barrier and one area of wearing course that had been planed away. They had a road sweeper out cleaning the area.

This afternoon when coming back they were laying wearing course on the east bound carriageway (I didn't notice a gap in the concrete barrier but I was watching the fool in font of me swerving all over the road). Ont eh westbound carriageway it appears to be 99% done. A very small piece of wearing course and they were actually working on the kerbing and landscaping of the off-ramp.

In both directs all line marking was complete except for those sections where wearing course still had to be laid and it looked like the junction was practically finished. To my untrained eye it looked like it could possibly be finished tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭luohaoran

There was a link to the Nenagh Guardian a few pages back.
    The report spoke about a half mile section of the Annaholty bog needing extra piles driven to support the edges of the road. This was after a small section collapsed, and they discovered that the subsidence that caused the collapse was occurring along half a mile of the road.

If the post above , about these new piles not working is true, then this piece of road is banjaxed.
    The next thing we'll be reading is that the contractor just gives up completely or goes bankrupt.

I wouldn't like to be the one left in charge of this road, in the years to come.

Just wondering is there anything else built in this area? Does the rail way line not pass through that direction. Whats the nearest house to this bog? What a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

solidwork wrote: »
    Just wondering is there anything else built in this area? Does the rail way line not pass through that direction. Whats the nearest house to this bog? What a disaster

Not much there in fairness.

thanks deedsie, that image paints a bleek picture of the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

chalky2005 wrote: »
    HI all,

Have been watching your updates for the last while as I travel from nenagh to Dublin most days, so the sooner the road is finished the better. I was speaking to a mate who is working on the M7 nenagh birdhill section. Due to open next week 25th march. As for the birdhill limerick section, not good news. he was saying a big section has collasped again in the bog of doom, Talks now they might have to dig the whole lot out until they meet solid ground as the piles are not working. what a disaster.

I suspected this would happen and have said it. That bog is completley bottomless... Im lookin forward to lukejrs report after the walk as long as he returns without getting swallowed up by the bog;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODE/NenaghGuardian/

http://www.nenaghguardian.ie/news-detail.php?article=M151BT
    North Tipperary Co Council is seeking a compensation package of around €2 million to cover the cost of repairing roads damaged during construction of the M7 motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

They might want to get the calculator back out of the drawer and go again.... I would say they will be following bothar hibernian when the m7 eventually opens and starts sinking again or when lim co co have have to sort it all out themselves the excretment will hit the fan;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

They are seriously dragging the living daylights out of this supposed motorway opening and I'm getting pretty fed up of the whole thing like a lot of us here, I travel to limerick each day and opening the motorway will make my life so easy, it looks like nearly ready to open so assume it's now only a matter of weeks.....although that was the case a few weeks ago but hope it's the case right now.....!:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement