Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate your Zombie movies

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

+1 for Colin, it was interesting though a little dull in places.

if anyone gets the chance they should check out Day of the Triffids. Don't get the new version or the movie what you want is the 1970's TV miniseries. It is well worth a watch and the writer even manages to give a semi plausible excuse as to why man eating plants are running round the place so kudos to him for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Anybody seen Dead & Breakfast? It's by no means a really great movie, and it's not as awesome or funny as Shaun of the Dead, but I did laugh my way through it.

And I'm so glad someone mentioned Cemetery Man/Dellamorte Dellamore. Again, not the best movie ever, but it's entertaining enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Watched Siege of the Dead, not a bad movie at all, had the right tempo and atmosphere for a Zed movie.
    It was alright but I'm so sick of running infected people.

Watched fido a while ago. It's certainly a different take on Zombies, Billy Connolly plays the main part as a domesticated zombie. It's not classic zombie film, it's based in an alternate reality where zombies have been tamed using a neck brace allowing them to do menial tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

ScumLord wrote: »
    It was alright but I'm so sick of running infected people.

Watched fido a while ago. It's certainly a different take on Zombies, Billy Connolly plays the main part as a domesticated zombie. It's not classic zombie film, it's based in an alternate reality where zombies have been tamed using a neck brace allowing them to do menial tasks.

I positively LOVE Fido - one of my top 5 Z movies for sure. That movie works so many on a number of levels. Just really, really well done.

And having Billy Connolly in a flick NEVER hurts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    I positively LOVE Fido - one of my top 5 Z movies for sure. That movie works so many on a number of levels. Just really, really well done.

And having Billy Connolly in a flick NEVER hurts. :D
    my first post in this section :O

I'm agreein with Dakota here, really REALLY well done movie, very well thought out and lollable at times as well :)

I've gotta say I'm a real fan of the 1990 version of night of the living dead, she girls transition from lovely little girl into Z shreddin machine is done really blatently through the change of her clothes, but personality wise she changes slower (or maybe not at all)
    brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Fido was Very good, altho I watched it on a Japanese streaming site So I think I missed a few Key scenes when sections crashed, but Still tho, feckin cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i watched the youtube dead set series based on the recommendations here. was actually quite impressed. really dont like davina but to be fair she was good in it...i guess the hair shampoo didnt work too well when she changed.. ;)

really proved to me why i have never watched big brother.

good idea for a Z movie..the nasty producer guy was extreme to say the least.

i LOL at the hottie who thought it was unfair, she supported the 'Palastinia'.. priceless.

Having seen it talked about here, I just finished watching Pontypool.

I liked it. It was very different from your run of the mill zombie movie...and maybe they weren't really zombies, so to speak. Reminded me a lot of Stephen King's Cell. I actually liked the way in both that the "virus" is transmitted. Brains are so complex, who knows what kind of triggers can cause a person to short circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

I was convinced, that like BBC iPlayer, the channel 4 On Demand service was not available outside the UK. Someone put me right yesterday, and I watched the whole of Dead Set.

I'm probably the last person to see it! But enjoyed it - posting here in case anybody else had the misconception.

And this quote from wikipedia is priceless:
    As she was restricted to only one day's filming, a dummy of Davina McCall was used in some scenes which she was unavailable to film

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Having seen it talked about here, I just finished watching Pontypool.

I liked it. It was very different from your run of the mill zombie movie...and maybe they weren't really zombies, so to speak. Reminded me a lot of Stephen King's Cell. I actually liked the way in both that the "virus" is transmitted. Brains are so complex, who knows what kind of triggers can cause a person to short circuit.
    The reveal made me think I was infected with it too.

• Advertisement

I watched two this week. The first one I'm almost embarrassed to admit I rented, but if by doing so I can save others from the same fate, then it's okay. It was called Ahh! Zombies!! and it was so bad I turned it off after ten minutes - which I hope saves me face for renting it in the first place. :o

The second one was I Sell the Dead and it was about different kinds of dead/undead, but there were zombies. If you can get past Ron Perlman's accent (I honestly was quite thrown by it at first), it's really not too bad. It was darkly funny, but not Shaun of the Dead funny....kinda slow in parts, and I've definitely seen better, but it was interesting enough to hold my attention.

I've got Dead Snow coming this week as well as a few others, so hopefully those make up for the lame one I got. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dissenter

I watched Rammbock (Siege of the Dead) last night. I thought it was good, though too short at an hour long. Enjoyed it though.

Also watched Zombie Transfusion. Pure crap. Not even good as a B-movie laugh. It was like a bad student project.

Next on the list are Dead Alive and Dance of the Dead.

Have seen most of the usual ones and loved 28 Days Later, [rec], Dawn of the Dead (2004 version especially), Shaun of the Dead and my favourite Army of Darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dissenter

Just watched Dance of the Dead. not great, but I've seen worse.

Just noticed the Dead Set mentioned earlier in this thread. It's written by Charlie Brooker, of Newswipe fame, so it's no surprise that it's as much a commentary on "reality tv" as much as it is a zombie story. I loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Lebus

Zombie flesh eaters is a 70s zombie that i think was a good one,when u av a zombie take a bite out of a shark under water u know its goin somwhere,also the earlier romero movies rocked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Diary of the Dead George A. Romero 2008
    was on during week on film four
    Decent attempt 6.5 out of 10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Colin was on the Horror chanel recently, I have to say I thought it was an excellent little movie, great take onthe Genre, one of those films that you really dont expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Colin was on the Horror chanel recently, I have to say I thought it was an excellent little movie, great take onthe Genre, one of those films that you really dont expect.

I believe that was make for around $70 too.... not for sure but it was done on the super cheap. Very well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Green Back

Any one have info on Zombie vs Cockney?

They recently filmed some large scenes, i.e. zombie hords broken planes etc, right next to the office I work in in Canary Wharf London. Unfortunately I was out of the office that week :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Green Back wrote: »
    Any one have info on Zombie vs Cockney?

They recently filmed some large scenes, i.e. zombie hords broken planes etc, right next to the office I work in in Canary Wharf London. Unfortunately I was out of the office that week :mad:

I actually thought you were joking til i seen that on imdb lol
    It sounds terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

Lebus wrote: »
    Zombie flesh eaters is a 70s zombie that i think was a good one,when u av a zombie take a bite out of a shark under water u know its goin somwhere,also the earlier romero movies rocked!

That one was released as Zombie here, and it's at the top of my list.

Other favorites are 28 Days Later, Sean of the Dead, Dead Alive, and Dawn of the Dead (both versions). It's really hard to pick favorites, this is one of my favorite genres. Return of the Living Dead would go on this list too. The first fast zombies, weren't those? That was a blast.

Someone mentioned Army of Darkness in this thread, but that's not zombies, that's demons. And I still haven't seen Flight of the Living Dead, but I want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I love Zombies movies

Braindead Aka Dead Alive is all time favorite zombie movie ever and always will be!

Others I have seen (No order, just seen and rated)
    Night of the Living Dead (1968) 8/10
    Night of the Living Dead (1990) 8/10
    Dawn of the Dead (1978) 8/10
    Dawn of the Dead (2004) 9/10
    Day of the Dead (1985) 6/10
    Day of the Dead (2008) 7/10
    Land of the Dead (2005) 5/10
    Diary of the Dead (2007) 4/10
    Survival of the Dead (2009) 3/10
    Black Sheep (2006) 10/10
    Dance of the Dead (2008) 8/10
    Dead Set" (2008) 8/10
    Doghouse (2009) 8/10
    Fido (2006) 8/10
    Infestation (2009) 8/10
    Last Rites (2006) aka 48 Weeks later (UK) :mad: 0/10
    Outpost (2008) 5/10
    Re-Animator (1985) 7/10
    Slither (2006) 9/10
    Shaun of the Dead (2004) 8/10
    Undead (2003) 5/10
    ZMD: Zombies of Mass Destruction (2009) 4/10
    Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane (2007) 6/10
    Mulberry Street ( 2006 ) 8/10
    Zombieland ( 2009 ) 8/10
    Wasting Away ( 2007 ) 6/10
    Night of the Creeps (1986) 7/10
    Pontypool ( 2008 ) 5/10
    Zombi 2 ( 1979 ) 8/10
    Dead Snow ( 2009 ) 7/10
    I Sell The Dead ( 2008 ) 7/10
    Deadgirl ( 2008 ) 5/10

Others movies, which are infected people Not Zombies!
    28 Days Later.(2002) 8/10
    Rabid (1977) 6/10
    [Rec] (2007) 10/10
    [Rec] ² (2009) 8/10
    Quarantine 2: Terminal (2011) 5/10
    The Crazies (1973) 5/10
    The Crazies ( 2010 ) 8/10
    Devil's Playground (2010) 6/10

That all i can think of at the moment, i am sure i have forgot some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

Skimmed your list, don't recognize all of those but I'm sure Slither and Night of the Creeps belong in your second list there. Probably Infestation too, based on the title.

I wouldn't ever have thought of Slither or Night of the Creeps as being zombie movies of any type myself.

Advertisement