Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate your Zombie movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Added three more.

Zombie Chronicles

Zombie Honeymoon :pac:

Reeker .(Not sure if it's strictly a zombie movie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Check out this movie.

I mentioned it to one or two of you at the AH beers last month. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

TheZohan wrote: »
    Check out this movie.

I mentioned it to one or two of you at the AH beers last month. :)
    Watched that film last night. Jesus H Christy it was all over the place, they keep switching zombies one minute they're classic shufflers the next their runners. There are so many errors in continuity it just pulls the tone of the whole film down with it. If anyone wants the link to watch it they can pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

ScumLord wrote: »
    Jesus H Christy it was all over the place, they keep switching zombies one minute they're classic shufflers the next their runners.

Nobody said survival was going to be easy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

TheZohan wrote: »
    Nobody said survival was going to be easy. ;)
    this guy has well and truly hit the nail on the head, we can't prep for just one kinda Z we should all know this by now

• Advertisement

I watched a film called dead girl last night, it has to be one of the weirdest and most unique uses of zombies in a film ever. Although I can't say for sure if it really is a zombie flick but it's definitely ****ed up.

I didn't know what exactly the film was about when I started watching it. It was a big surprise but a very good film, low budget but well put together. It's not fast paced at all and is allot more creepy than your traditional zombie flick.

It's about two teenage lads that break into a abandoned asylum in the basement they find a dead girl, I think you should avoid reading the reviews and just watch it. The reviews on IMDB give away allot of the plot and it would give away some of the surprises in the film to read them, part of the reason some give away so much of the plot is to warn you away, some people really didn't like the content of the film. Here are some quotes from IMDB..
    "I'd have to say the plot is pretty original, albeit completely tasteless."

"This movie is exploitative, disgusting, and an abomination to film itself. How this got into ANY film festival is completely unacceptable and shameful. This is the kind of filth that makes me want to switch my profession from film."

"it is much better than a simple horror film and really defies categorization. Deadgirl is a look into how we humanize, empathize and sympathize. It is a very provocative film and I squirmed many times."

I very much doubt you'll find this film in any dvd stores it's on amazon if you want a link pm me.

I watched a film called dead girl last night, it has to be one of the weirdest and most unique uses of zombies in a film ever. Although I can't say for sure if it really is a zombie flick but it's definitely ****ed up.

sounds good to me. could do with a good Zombie documentary tonight :D

sounds good to me. could do with a good Zombie documentary tonight :D
    Just don't expect a fast paced blood fest it's really not your typical modern zombie film. It's more like the original zombie films slow and steady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Flight Of The Living Dead: Outbreak On A Plane is good b-movie fun. I'd rate it quite highly, especially as it was straight to dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭emmetcummins

Call of Duty 5 Nazi Zombies :D:D 8) . All I need is one of those magic boxes and loads of moneys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 graham1985

In my opinion diary of the dead and land of the dead should be removed from the list because honestly I thought they were both brutal movies and that they didn't do the zombie genre any justice. However if you believe it is a must then I reckon this order will be good with the addition of two of my prefered zombie films:
    1 Dawn of the dead (2004)
    2 28 Days Later
    3 Night of the Living Dead (1990)
    4 Zombies wicked little things
    5 Zombie diaries

Added three more.

Colin, this looks quite interesting
    Zombie Transfusion
    Zombie Virus on Mulberry Street.

Anybody seen any of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Undead or alive. It is a zombie western

Kudos to the poster that mentioned Last Of The Living, it is an uber low budget slice of kiwi zombie fun. Although not as low budget as Colin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Dawn of the Dead original
    Dawn of the Dead 2004
    Shaun of the Dead
    Zombieland
    28 days & months
    Dead Set
    Dance / Land /of the Dead was pants

There is one about Nazis coming out soon Snow something looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Also check out Return of the Living Dead, funny and informative at the same time and I would also rate Braindead (which I think someone else has already mentioned) - contains some of the most creative ways on how to kill your average Zombie, the electric lawnmower scene is just class!!

trustno1 wrote: »
    Also check out Return of the Living Dead, funny and informative at the same time and I would also rate Braindead (which I think someone else has already mentioned) - contains some of the most creative ways on how to kill your average Zombie, the electric lawnmower scene is just class!!

ah balls, just reminded me, saw Braindead in HMV and meant to get it before I left.:(

Make sure you get the right braindead, there's another American film by the same name, it's got a really nice set of boobs halfway in but the rest is just awful.

Make sure you get the right braindead, there's another American film by the same name, it's got a really nice set of boobs halfway in but the rest is just awful.

How will I know? (Not about the boobs, the movie :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

trustno1 wrote: »
    Also check out Return of the Living Dead, funny and informative at the same time/

Agreed, that was my first ever zombie film, and it got me hooked on the genre.

The scenes in the embalming room and the crematorium are hilarious. The zombies are excellent too, especially the female zombie who gets "interrogated" by the heroes.

I also love the things that come alive in the medical supplies warehouse, especially the split dogs.

I think the Eoin McLove episode of Father Ted took its inspiration from this film more than any other.

Picked up BrainDead, hopefully the right one. (not the one with the boobs :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

I'd highly suggest tracking down Pontypool (2008) if ya can find it. I'm in love w/ the freakin' thing and its really not my style of movie. It's zombie-related, to be sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

Hootanany wrote: »
    Dawn of the Dead original
    Dawn of the Dead 2004
    Shaun of the Dead
    Zombieland
    28 days & months
    Dead Set
    Dance / Land /of the Dead was pants

There is one about Nazis coming out soon Snow something looks good

The Movie you are talking about is called Deadsnow (2009).
    Nazi Zombies.
    Seen it ,umm not the best out there but enjoyable.

Also on the same genre ,there is Outpost (2008/2009) , Nazi zombies too

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    I'd highly suggest tracking down Pontypool (2008) if ya can find it. I'm in love w/ the freakin' thing and its really not my style of movie. It's zombie-related, to be sure...

Picked it up, liked it. Also picked up survival of the dead which wasn't all bad to be fair.

Watched Zombie Transfusion which was surprisingly good.

A Zombie packed weekend had so far. :P

Watched the Zombie diaries, it uses shambling zombies and is based in England but it's impossibly dull and boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Watched the Zombie diaries, it uses shambling zombies and is based in England but it's impossibly dull and boring.

Yup - I think the writer and actors were the real shamblers in that one!!!

Picked up a few more.

Day of the Dead
    Doomsday
    Dance of the Dead
    Return of the Living Dead II

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

dawn of the dead 1978
    day of the dead 1985
    evil dead 2
    Army of darkness (aka Evil dead 3, the medievil dead)
    28 days later
    night of the living dead 1968
    dawn of the dead 2004
    diary of the dead 2007
    28 weeks later
    land of the dead
    any of the resident evil films.

Theres a bunch of post apoc and survivalmovies i could tack onto that list but unfortunetly there are no zombies in them :/

Theres a bunch of post apoc and survivalmovies i could tack onto that list but unfortunetly there are no zombies in them :/

This movies can be helpful guides too so name away.

This is one of the things that appeals to me about zed day, the breakdown in society and how quickly it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

28 Days Later (2002)
    Flight of The Living Dead (2007)
    Horror Express (1973)
    Resident Evil (Trilogy)
    The Evil Dead (1981)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

This movies can be helpful guides too so name away.

This is one of the things that appeals to me about zed day, the breakdown in society and how quickly it happens.

just a quick list of helpful survival/siege tip laden films for the zombocolypse :)

escape from new york, and L.A.
    war of the worlds 1953 and 2005
    The postman
    The Mist
    Signs
    Soldier (kurt russell film, 1998)
    Dreamcatcher
    Doomsday
    Mad Max 2 & 3
    Assault on precinct 13 (1976)
    First blood (yep, rambo!)
    The happening (terrible film but gives a good sense of the first few hours of a global disaster)

Advertisement