Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate your Zombie movies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

I know some of these are zombie movies but they do have important information when the world falls apart and the Z hits the fan:

NOTLD remake: Overall story is the same as the original but it's now in glorious colour

Dead Meat: An Irish zombie film from 2004. Its low budget but still entertaining and parts are wicked funny (the fella from Zombie Bashers shows up in this and steals the show)

Colin: A bit dull but nice to see the outbreak from the other sides perspective

The Quiet Earth: Not a zombie movie but still useful since it shows the danger of isolation and loneliness. A man wakes up to find he's the only person on the Earth

Outpost: Nazi zombies from beyond the grave

Zombie Transfusion: micro budget, with pretty poor editing. Only saving grace is one scene with a pregnant woman, ouch

The Dead Outside: Low budget Scottish film, not zombies as such but more like the crazies. A bit slow

Crazies (1973): Small town infected with disease that slowly sends the inhabitants insane, military show up to try and contain it, fun ensues

The short movie below will provide useful information if you somehow get trapped in your car while surrounded by the stenches:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3655465801474364288#

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The Quiet Earth

loved that film, havent seen it in years either :) nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Watching Dance of the Dead, not bad at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Watching Dance of the Dead, not bad at all :D

The copy I got flaked out at the end so I've not seen the whole thing. But really - for what it is - I really enjoyed it. Some campy/funny bits and its always nice to see the geeks save the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Watched The Horde lately. Very decent, very violent, French zombie film that came out this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

where did you rent out "la horde" looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Watched The Horde lately. Very decent, very violent, French zombie film that came out this year.

i liked it tbh

was a decent watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Watched La Horde yesterday, great show. Unfortunately watched Pontypool tonight... terrible. :mad:

My favourites are:

28 Days Later, Dead Set, Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, DeadAlive, and Zombieland.

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Unfortunately watched Pontypool tonight... terrible. :mad:

:eek:

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    :eek:

Seriously? You're giving me shocked face? :confused:

It was terrible! The idea that people were infected by the understanding of words was... unfathomable, lame, and not scary! Fail zombie movie was fail IMO.

• Advertisement

Heheheh. It was not spoonfed - I'll give ya that. :D

I loved it. Transmission method, or infection origin for that matter, of any zombie movie is the least important part for me. It's what happens - it's the story and characters changing. That film-y kind of crap.;)

...Or at least thas how I sees 'em. The movie delivered for me in regards to what I like. Very stark.

EDIT: I AM about the watch Dead Set soon tho since yer another who likes it. Time for me to finally check it out!

i liked deadset :) was a good mini series

defo cant wait for 28 months later

Errr, I detest films that spoon-feed their audience. And I'm doing an MA in Film Studies... which is pretty much all about "film-y kind of crap".

Dead Set is excellent. Make sure you watch the full episodes, and not the edited, movie version.

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Dead Set is excellent. Make sure you watch the full episodes, and not the edited, movie version.

Good call - just discovered I have the movie version. DOH! Will get the others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Dead Set Feckin Rawked, seeing Davina Mcall getting Eaten by a horde is worth the price alone:D:D.

didnt know there was a condensed movie version,I'd expect it to be a bit rubbish in comparison to the Full Miniseries tho.

Watch Carriers last night. I really liked it same rules apply to a Zed outbreak.

"You break the rules, you die. You follow them, you live. Maybe"

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

Watch Carriers last night. I really liked it same rules apply to a Zed outbreak.

i saw that, ya it was good. they really had the survival thing down for a bit didnt they

It goes to prove again how important rules are and how they should be followed at all costs.

Watched half of La Horde, pretty damn good too. Unusual to have 2 good ones on the same night.

It goes to prove again how important rules are and how they should be followed at all costs.

Watched half of La Horde, pretty damn good too. Unusual to have 2 good ones on the same night.

ive never seen La Horde, just had a google, how did i miss this one ! im guessing its worth a watch then.

i watched a Norwegian Zombie flick a week or 2 ago called Død snø or dead snow. its definitely watchable and would remind you of some of the great classic zombie movies

Has anyone seen The Road? watched the first few minutes, looks tense.

Watching The Crazies, alright so far.

• Advertisement

ive seen it, i thought it was brilliant. its a little heavy for some people but its as real as it gets. they carry only what they need and the father has to use complete survival skills. its got a really dark setting and gets really really tense, but well worth a watch in my books

another fantastic movie is "Blindness" its about a whole city that becomes suddenly overcome by a blinding. they loose their sight and it basically shows the breakdown that happens within their society. its very gritty. fab film

Really liked The Road! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yep, enjoyed the road very much too, wasnt crazy about the crazies though :)

Really liked Carriers cheers for posting :)

ShadowGal wrote: »
    ive seen it, i thought it was brilliant. its a little heavy for some people but its as real as it gets. they carry only what they need and the father has to use complete survival skills. its got a really dark setting and gets really really tense, but well worth a watch in my books

another fantastic movie is "Blindness" its about a whole city that becomes suddenly overcome by a blinding. they loose their sight and it basically shows the breakdown that happens within their society. its very gritty. fab film

anyone ? is everyone dead in here or what.. get it ? hehe

ShadowGal wrote: »
    anyone ? is everyone dead in here or what.. get it ? hehe

I heard ya. Pretty tense alright, the new world will be a scary place.

Will try and watch blindness.

Here are the movies I watched over the weekend, see a pattern? :P

The Crazies
    Carriers
    The Road
    The Book of Eli
    La Horde
    Dead Snow

I heard ya. Pretty tense alright, the new world will be a scary place.

Will try and watch blindness.

Here are the movies I watched over the weekend, see a pattern? :P

The Crazies
    Carriers
    The Road
    The Book of Eli
    La Horde
    Dead Snow

sweet, havent seen the book of Eli.

watched Resident evil 1 2 & 3 over the weekend, i liked 1, 2 was a bit meh and 3 is ok, i dont know why i do it to myself

ya you might like Blindness, its a little bit different to the other movies, there isnt much gore and dead people but its a really good/slightly disturbing movie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Beware of the Book of Eli,

It might be fair cool for the fights and all, but there are some SERIOUS GodBotherin undertones which annoy me intensley, Keep your Makeyuppy claphappy Shoite out of My Filums

Beware of the Book of Eli,

It might be fair cool for the fights and all, but there are some SERIOUS GodBotherin undertones which annoy me intensley, Keep your Makeyuppy claphappy Shoite out of My Filums

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!

Plus I'm not much of a Denzel fan at ALL.

• Advertisement

just spotted this, may have been posted before

http://www.trashvideo.org/zmdb/view/index.php?page=list&type=&mode=&key=&start=

lots of good movies in there

Advertisement