Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Panel 2008

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

God Grainne Seoige looked awful tonight. And Mairead Farrell's hair was a bit, mad. Still tho Mairead is hot. Grainne is not as hot no more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bumbletumble

i think they need to start filling those "panel" mugs up wit some JD or ANY drink and they might knowk a bit of craic (not the cork king) outta the panel again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I thought this one was good. I thought Grainne was very attractive on it.. I actually really liked the panel line-up this week. Thumbs up from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

maxwell was brilliant, two or three fabulous rants he out shone everyone else, and he even went and looked up why the guys were fighting, noone else did, i didn't, thats class. I think they get in earlier this time and planned it more, it was much better.

mairied was only good when she was bitchy otherwise she was a moron as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Overall I though it was rubbish. A few nice rants from Andrew Maxwell but apart from that little else going on.
    Mairead Farrell is just not funny or entertaining or decent looking in any way.
    As for Grainne Seoige ... stop looking at your lines every 5 seconds! Surely RTE1 could spring for an autocue!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I thought it was funny enough this week, a definite improvement on last week. My only complaint is that they cut their last guest really short and he actually sounded like he had some interesting stories to tell.

Delamare has to win the Worst 'Tache Award though. It looks like someone smeared unhealthy excrement over his top lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

When is the panel repeated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I thought that it was quite good this week. Grainne seoige was a great improvement on D'arcy but I don't see why they still insist on bringing Mairead Farrell on, she's only there as a token female and there was already Grainne so?? It was a tad serious at times and overly edited but hey it could have been worse, Ed Byrne could have been on it.
    Andrew Maxwell is actually my hero and I loved Colin Murphy's "We love the government bit"

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

i think they need to start filling those "panel" mugs up wit some JD or ANY drink and they might knowk a bit of craic (not the cork king) outta the panel again!

Having been to a filming of the panel I can reliably inform you they DO have drink in them. Colin Murphy for example has Heineken in his.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Thought the show was a massive improvement on last weeks overall. Mainly beacuse Darcy wasnt there and Seoige just let them get on with it. But what is with the guests in this series? I sky plussed it and found myself fast forwarding through the interviews before I nodded off. Soooo boring.
    Just give them pieces of randomn news and let them riff, no need for the straight laced "is Irish politics taking a ......" ****e"!
    We hear enough about that on the news.
    Majorly bad decision to move the shows direction.
    Anyone know whose presenting next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    When is the panel repeated?

Twas repeated Saturday nite at around 11pm last week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

faceman wrote: »
    God Grainne Seoige looked awful tonight.
    Not awful, but certainly not as good as usual. She's still as wooden as the plank though.

And Mairead Farrell's hair was a bit, mad.
    Yes

Still tho Mairead is hot.
    No

Grainne is not as hot no more!
    Hang your head in shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The English panel shows usually have a token Irish guy. I think ours could do with a token English. A good one, so they have to put more effort into competing for laffs.

Jo Brand, ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Na, Stephen Fry would be better. As a prestenter, prob. Altough I think they should just have Murphy and Delamare presenting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Not awful, but certainly not as good as usual. She's still as wooden as the plank though.

Yes

No

Hang your head in shame!

Dont get me wrong dude, im not rejecting Grainne's advances, but with her efforts last night, if Mairead approached me on the same night, the Finglas lass would be the one wearing me worn out Partick Thistle jersey the next day!

Dont get me wrong dude, im not rejecting Grainne's advances, but with her efforts last night, if Mairead approached me on the same night, the Finglas lass would be the one wearing me worn out Partick Thistle jersey the next day!
    She'd also be responsible for your missing wallet too. Gotta watch those Finglas birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yeah the Panel has gone to the dogs alright. What was supposed to be a show with comedians taking the piss out of the week's news and events has now become a show where often half the people on the panel aren't even comedians. Grainne Seoige was better than Ray Darcy anyway who seemed to think he was hosting Questions and Answers and actually shushed the comedians in full flow.

The guest host thing works on shows like Have I Got News For You because their lines are so tightly scripted and genuinely funny that they don't look out of place alongside Merton, Hislop, etc. Darcy last week was just a complete car wreck of a performance. He came across as unfunny and worse, quite unlikeable and it just jars badly with the intended general lighthearted spirit of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mairead is a fine thing IMO but not so much last night with that dyed red bouffant. Didn't do anything for her but I have seen her before looking well hot. And of course she has a magnificent rack which helps. Sometimes I do have to mute her though.:D

Grainne is a strange one. I can tell that she's very attractive but she doesn't do much for me. Think she comes across quite cold on the telly. Maybe if you met her in person then you might come away thinking "oh yeah she's the business alright".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Jesus who the f*ck cares what the women look like on it? If you want eye candy go elsewhere...personally I want comedy from a show like this and neither Seoige or Farrell could deliver that if you paid them.
    It was pretty unfunny on the whole and certainly not a patch on what it once was...the only positive I got from the show was the lack of Darcy. I switched off halfways in so didn't see any catfight.
    RTÉ seem to be pulling a Bull Island on this show..they've seemingly neutered any edge it had, moved it to the mode adult oriented station and quite frankly made complete and utter sh*te out of it IMO.

[edit] BTW what was going on with the whole tache thing with Murphy and Delamere? They had to be fake...right? Was it a bet or a charity sponsorship or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

phi3 wrote: »
    Twas repeated Saturday nite at around 11pm last week

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Wertz wrote: »

[edit] BTW what was going on with the whole tache thing with Murphy and Delamere? They had to be fake...right? Was it a bet or a charity sponsorship or what?

Movember ... growing moustache during the month of November for charity
    http://ie.movember.com/

Jesus who the f*ck cares what the women look like on it? If you want eye candy go elsewhere...personally I want comedy from a show like this and neither Seoige or Farrell could deliver that if you paid them.
    I think the thing about the eye candy thing is that if RTE insist on having a token female on the show each week she needs to be funny, but failing that, which is so often the case, she needs to be at least easy on the eye. Something Fiona Looney fell way short of on both accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think the thing about the eye candy thing is that if RTE insist on having a token female on the show each week she needs to be funny, but failing that, which is so often the case, she needs to be at least easy on the eye. Something Fiona Looney fell way short of on both accounts.

Aye that's a fair point. It's funny how the beeb can get away without having to do it on any of their topical/panel/news shows, which can sometimes be devoid of women fullstop, let alone good looking or funny ones.
    +1 on Looney...at least we're rid of her...she makes Mairead and Aoibheann (sp?) sound positively Bill Bailey-like

+1 on Looney...at least we're rid of her...she makes Mairead and Aoibheann (sp?) sound positively Bill Bailey-like
    Well in Looney's defence, the others may sound like Bill Bailey but she looks like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I thought it was funny enough this week, a definite improvement on last week. My only complaint is that they cut their last guest really short and he actually sounded like he had some interesting stories to tell.

No. No no no no NO. Trust me, you were blessed that they cut that guy short. He was mind-numbing. I was at the filming for it and Jebus H. Christ he was dull. I think the entire audience fell asleep. There was not one single funny or even mildly interesting moment during his half hour long interview. He was just talking ****e the whole time. God he was awful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

WindSock wrote: »
    Jo Brand, ftw!

For the eye candy seat.

I dont think Farrell is the worst tbh. Its not many female comedians that make me laugh but she does give it her best. Altho most of the humour on the Panel is no funnier than banter than the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

but why did they change it all, why?????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Experimenting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement