Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You can assign a server to a steam group. I think.

I know there is a boards.ie group, should we get a server(s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is there a demo for this available on steam for anybody or is it just for people who have ordered it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It was available from 6th for those that pre-ordered it, and from the 13th for the public. The Demo went ofline as soon as the full game was released. Where have u been? Gotta say tho, its well worth buyin and I don't pay for many. There's also offline copies available if You wanna try out single player, You kno where to look ;)

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The Demo went ofline as soon as the full game was released.

Isn't that a bit retarded, don't they know what a demo is for, to sell the game !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

MooseJam wrote: »
    Isn't that a bit retarded, don't they know what a demo is for, to sell the game !

They're trying out the heroin business model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

MooseJam wrote: »

But you need servers to support it, there was a serious lack of them as it was. At least they gave a playable demo, more than most. Where have You been, most people knew it was a limited demo, only 5 days for the public?

been playing farcry2 , hells highway, SAS Secure 2moro LOL ! and crysis warhead, haven't really been paying attention

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The dedicated servers are still attrocious. Was playing with mates down the road from me and we were getting serious lag problems. Using Hamachi to set up your own server seems to be the only way to get a lag free server.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

God I'm loving this game. Absolutely epic games this evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Was quite tough, dark nearly gave up on us but we pulled through. Give me more braiinnnnnzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Telgere wrote: »
    Was quite tough, dark nearly gave up on us but we pulled through. Give me more braiinnnnnzz.

Wasnt giveing up because it was our 33rd try but because a skill finished in Eve online and i wanted to change it :pac: glad you convinced me to stay for the team (steam achievements) as we cleared it that very attempt \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is this out for the PC now in retail stores or only steam? Was in Game and Gamestop and saw it for the 360 alright but not the PC.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

bizmark wrote: »
    Wasnt giveing up because it was our 33rd try but because a skill finished in Eve online and i wanted to change it :pac: glad you convinced me to stay for the team (steam achievements) as we cleared it that very attempt \o/

I think it was the 31st attempt when I accidentally everyone with the auto-shotgun.

Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think it only hit the shops today for PC. Those of them that still bother to stock PC games that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Feck. Don't use Steam to buy games but I would buy it if it was in store. Might check HMV as well later, see what the story is. Looks like a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Whats the cheapest place to get it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I gave it a bash a couple of nights ago. Great crack altogether. The whole thing is fun fun fun which is welcome change in online play these days.

TinCool wrote: »
    I gave it a bash a couple of nights ago. Great crack altogether. The whole thing is fun fun fun which is welcome change in online play these days.

We must gang-up on those zombies over the weekend so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Feck. Don't use Steam to buy games but I would buy it if it was in store. Might check HMV as well later, see what the story is. Looks like a blast.

Seen it in game on Dawson Street last night, they had a good few boxes but no price on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I feel like such an idiot, only just realised that you can still perform melee attacks while reloading the shotty... Wish I didn't have other commitments right now, I've got an unbelievable craving to play the game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

So, nobody has bought this yet for the PC from a bricks and mortar store?

I'll be heading into town tomorrow to try and pick it up so hopefully it'll be available somewhere... it must!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Pfft, bricks and mortar are so passé :pac:

Yeah, cheaper too.

I'd love to get it off steam but they've really pissed me off with their antics for L4D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

So, nobody has bought this yet for the PC from a bricks and mortar store?

I'll be heading into town tomorrow to try and pick it up so hopefully it'll be available somewhere... it must!

Just saw it in Xtravision there for PC in Shannon for €40.

Anyone up for a game tonight ? Have 2 servers going .. 1 private and 1 public. Game should be lag free. PM if interested or add me to your Steam friends list "brianon".

Have 2 confirmed for tonight. *Once everyone is in we can open the rest of the slots up to the public randomers.

*All going to plan with that tricky server.cfg :)

Cheers Brianon. Like I said, I'll probably be getting it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The dedicated servers are still attrocious. Was playing with mates down the road from me and we were getting serious lag problems. Using Hamachi to set up your own server seems to be the only way to get a lag free server.

Ta for reminding me of the existance of hamachi and the magic it can do.

Setup a net game for myself and the little brother, ran like a dog. Which it shouldn't as we both have fairly ok net connections and in the same country!

Hamachi made a HUGE difference: game runs as smooth as butter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thank Azza he was the one that introduced it to me :)

€40 in HMV, before student discount.

For comparison;

€45 in Gamespot.
    €45 in Smyths, down to €40.39 or something with loyalty card.

Unfortunately I was sold two 360 copies (@€;52) and didn't realise until I got home :o. Before you ask; didn't realise because I had bought 4 games total so math was on the fly.

Blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i got this game as a gift (thx meadows :D ) and have to say its one of the best fun games around at the mo. Plus the game really is designed for you and ur teammates to help eachother so no one player can be a d*ck to the rest. Im just hooping for more content for it to come out cos i cant get enough of it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Lad's we got to get a vr's match going

Advertisement