Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

€40 in HMV, before student discount.

For comparison;

€45 in Gamespot.
    €45 in Smyths, down to €40.39 or something with loyalty card.

Unfortunately I was sold two 360 copies (@€;52) and didn't realise until I got home :o. Before you ask; didn't realise because I had bought 4 games total so math was on the fly.

Blast!

You couldn't multiply €40 by 4 and notice that it was less than you were paying, not including student discount? :pac:

Ah its easy for me to say it from here, I would probably have been too excited to know what maths was if i was buying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Damn you play.com - why you no deliver me the game today, hah!?!

I'm really regretting not biting the bullet and buying the game from Steam. :(

*Sigh* Roll on Monday's postal delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

You couldn't multiply €40 by 4 and notice that it was less than you were paying, not including student discount? :pac:

So even with my disclaimer you're still not satisfied. :pac:

4 games; 2 were L4D and then two other titles with different prices.

It did seem off in my head when she said it but I just let it slide because I needed to go, and I'm just so fantastically rich. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Maximilian wrote: »
    We must gang-up on those zombies over the weekend so!!

Sounds good to me :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finally just had my first non-laggy versus match (on a private server, dedictated servers are still unplayably laggy). It's absolutely brilliant and such a great laugh. If it was easier to get so many people together then I'd be playing this more than co-op :)

Edit: Thanks brianon for inviting me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

So even with my disclaimer you're still not satisfied. :pac:

4 games; 2 were L4D and then two other titles with different prices.

It did seem off in my head when she said it but I just let it slide because I needed to go, and I'm just so fantastically rich. :cool:

Apologies, i thought you were buying 4 left 4 deads :)

Was playing tonight in square eyes in galway, Such a class game!!! Their setup isnt great for left 4 dead though there is only 3 servers (2 normal and 1 versus) and thats it, you cant setup your own. But once we got a game going .... legendry!

I wish I wasn't so stupidly broke, and i didnt have final year exams in 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finally just had my first non-laggy versus match (on a private server, dedictated servers are still unplayably laggy). It's absolutely brilliant and such a great laugh. If it was easier to get so many people together then I'd be playing this more than co-op :)

Edit: Thanks brianon for inviting me ;)

np? anytime. we got crushed though was still great laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

brianon wrote: »
    np? anytime. we got crushed though was still great laugh :)

Not crushed, we just let them win is all.

Next time though.

*puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

So it's worth getting then yea?

Whats the price on Steam at the mo? I won't be able to buy it for another week/fortnight until I'm home but is it cheaper in stores then steam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

it's 50 dollars on steam, which is about 40 euro so it's probably all the same

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote: »
    it's 50 dollars on steam, which is about 40 euro so it's probably all the same

Plus €10 tax.

Ciaran500 says that there is an option from the steam store to get it 4 copies for $150 which would be a good deal if you could gather up some boardsies/friends who are interested.

Found it.
    Apologies, i thought you were buying 4 left 4 deads

NP, I can see how ya made that assumption.

Got the game now anyway, whoop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The dedicated servers seem to be a lot better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I really wasn't going to get this, I've not played online since the early days of Counterstrike, and the single player is really just an add-on, but I'm having so much fun playing with 3 bots, and that feeling when you're about to do something that you know is going to attract the horde.

Great game. Must get online pretty soon, but still honing my head shots.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The dedicated servers seem to be a lot better today.

You are a sneaky bugger.

3 times I was waiting to tangle you as a smoker, and each time I couldnt find you. Two of those times you were behind me and killed me with that damn sniper rifle.

Although I think the drag over the alarmed car was my best moment yet.

I do like that hunting rifle :) Fast reload, powerful, only 15 shots per magazine but they go through zombies so you end up killing far more than you think :) Have to say pulling me into that car and setting of the alarm was genius. I got my comeupance there. Ran up the ladder on top of the train like a coward to snipe the zombies while my team mates were on the ground doing the dirty work where I met mister tank who knocked me out of the map with one punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

What do people think about re-playability of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deafkon

got the game yesterday for the 360 damm gud stuff!! too much fun
    gamertag is Deafkon
    need sum ppl to play it with instead of randoms no body on the friends list has it all broke

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,109 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just played the first campaign through with a friend on splitscreen. Absolutely hilarious. Pretty intense when they are covered in boomer vomit and you have to try and fend off the horde til it wears off.
    And leaping onto the helicopter at the end was brilliance. Trying to fend off the last tank while it flies away was pretty intense.
    . Also: director AI is fantastic. Each attempt was significantly different to the previous one, adds an extra edge to proceedings.
    deafkon wrote: »
    gamertag is Deafkon
    need sum ppl to play it with instead of randoms no body on the friends list has it all broke

Also a 360er, so will add you next time I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Word of advice never leave Bill alone with Louis

Stev_o wrote: »

ROFL!!!!!
    very well done haaaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

surprise buttseks

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Classic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

l4d ftw, versus is where it is at. Love playing teh zombies, smoker ftw. Nothing like a hunter getting somebody down and a teammate running to help them so I give the rescuer a good tongue and drag them into the trees, like with a girl.

Good craic at galwaylan, coop and versus at 3am. It great when others are playing around you, you can hear the evil laughs, the raging, the screams of fear, all at once! Teamspeaking nomnomnomnom to people is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Christ im crying :D

That is brilliant.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

What do people use for Voice ?

In game ?
    Vent ?
    Teamspeak ?

In-game is perfectly adequate IMO.

Really enjoying the game so far, have gone through the first 3 campaigns with 3 friends on Advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

In game. Seems to work fine.

deafkon wrote: »
    gamertag is Deafkon
    will add ya for a game this eve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Got it today. Only played it briefly but the latest nvidia drivers are crap with it - keeps stuttering every 2nd minute and gets stuck in a loop for 5-15 seconds. Looked it up online and it appears to be affecting loads of people. Have to revert to older ones. Grr.

Advertisement