Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send in the Clowns - BAC 10K Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

My cousin ran it Krusty and described it as running in an inferno. Fair play to ya, magnificent run in them conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great courage there KC and another epic and wonderful report. Kudos. Hope you take the necessary time out to get a proper recovery. Boy do you deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Gary to run and finish under those conditions is outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

You have brought tears to my eyes - in part because of the sacrifices you made to get to Boston, the potential you had on a better day, the emotional and physical struggle you endured during the race itself, and the pride you so eloquently and honestly expressed in holding that Irish flag high as a testament to who you are and what you represent. We are all proud of you, Krusty. Amazing report. Amazing experience. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

KC, fair play for sticking it out. From reading all the reports, it took more guts to keep at it then give up so well done, you should be proud of your performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

If the marathon was a disappointment timewise, the report was class.

Once the aches fade away the pride in your achievement will grow, it was a performance to look back on. Well done on all fronts:).

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

A report worthy of an excellent race ,and a super runner...different class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Well done Krusty , running a time most people on boards would kill for in those conditions. Hope you recovery well and enjoyed the beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I'm going to organise a whip round and send you to this marathon. If your presence melts the ice caps we will have to insist you never run a marathon again. That's two scorchers in a row. Well done, sounded like a fcuking nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Badreputation

savage running... well done. + great report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Great determination showed well done. Inspiring stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

well done krusty. I'd say most people here could feel your disappointment when you said a pb was off the cards a couple days before the race.
    that experience will stand to you no doubt about it. looking forward to the next chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Fair play to ya krusty. Excellent report, great time and i am most impressed by your sensible approach to the race. Onwards and upwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Sounds like Hell with a capital H. Rather you than me. Fair play for sticking through it and coming out with a good time in the circumstances. For interest's sake where did you finish overall? Must have been pretty high.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Well done Gary it sounded imense enjoy the recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Fair play for gutsing it out KC. It sounds like it was a horror show out there.

Have you made any decision on whats up next race wise or will you let the dust settle on this one for while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

So no tales of triumphant heroics, just a long painful death-march to the finish line. No pride in my run, but not necessarily any significant dissapointment in my performance either.

Maybe not triumphant but you will look back on it with pride in the not too distant future. Some of the best in the business didn't make the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

So no tales of triumphant heroics, .

Bullsh1t, that was a savage run in unreal conditions. Congratulations Gary! I'm disappointed about the Weseley girls for you, there are some opportunities you just don't pass up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

So no tales of triumphant heroics, just a long painful death-march to the finish line. No pride in my run, but not necessarily any significant dissapointment in my performance either. Things just conspired against us. However, I will take a long list of wonderful memories from the day too. The school buses that took us to the start line. The banter in the tent, with a bunch of sound Irish lads. The amazing crowds that kept us ticking over. The first 8 miles of the race. :) The Welsely girls. The last mile. The beers and exchanged stories afterwards. Boston marathon kicked the crap out of me. But I'm not done yet. I've swung two strikes at this marathon target, but I have one swing left.

Legendary report and perfromance as always KC. When the dust settles I think you will take pride in that last mile and you will draw on it again and again when things seem tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

savage running KC in brutal conditions, great stuff in fairness.

Running by the heart rate was a very sensible thing to do and meant you had some control in the race. onwards and upwards. looking forward to what training/racing you've planned once your recovered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

Amazing running and great report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

rotten luck with the weather again KC. It sounds like just finishing was a massive achievement - but to do it in 3:03 is outstanding.

No more north american races for a bit :) Would it be worth recovering and trying kildare - not aim for 2:42 but get a PB out of this cycle maybe?
    Hope the body is ok now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done KC! That was amazing and inspiring running in savage tough conditions! I was really enjoying your race report until the paragraph entitled “The Finish” and boom! Massive black, mascara laden tears started hitting the research document I’m supposed to be reading instead of race reports… Really emotional stuff. Take the bloody pride you deserve in that run, soak it up and don't forget it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

List of countries or regions recommended for Krusty's next marathon:

Norway
    Iceland
    Sweden
    Finland
    Siberia
    Alaska
    Yukon
    Faroe Islands
    Patagonia
    Greenland

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

Great stuff Gary. Massively unlucky with the weather but a great run given those circumstances, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

That was an amazing race report Krusty to match an equally amazing race. You ran brilliantly and I couldn't help but cry when you described the final run in. I felt so proud to have you running over that line with Irish flag and amazing determination both in hand. I can't believe anyone got a PB out of that race so remember that did yourself & the Irish proud-well done Krusty:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Ah jaysus not again... I'm quite mad at you for not stopping for the Girls. I'm just going to have to get 2 helpings when I do this one :D

I know how it feels to be literally baked like that, you are a gutsy runner no doubt about it. Fair play for digging in and geting home in a very respectable time. Great report to read as usual, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Fantastic mental strength. Fantastic report. The heat beat you and 000's others on the day. I know you'll be back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

WOW kc an amazing race report. you did great to keep plugging away in such awful conditions. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Thoughts of buying an entry for London on the black-market

How much is your offer? :D

Well done on Monday btw.

Advertisement