Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send in the Clowns - BAC 10K Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

Wow, that sounds like a huge fright. Glad to hear you're ok.

When you're on the flight tomorrow morning, the accident and work will seem miles away, only the marathon and the few days break to look forward too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Jaysus, you're a lucky man to have gotten out of that without a scratch to yourself. Buy some cotton wool and wrap yourself up. Good luck Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oh god. A nearly decapitated Clown, and it's not even carnival season!! Glad you're in one piece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best of Luck KC. Lookign forward to the report as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭Peckham

Jaysus, scary stuff. Will buy you a pint in the airport tomorrow to steady the nerves!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Bloody hell! Scary stuff! Get limos throughout your stay in Boston, with extra padded seats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Best of luck in Boston. Cant wait for the report .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Best of luck in Boston KC. You've been knockin PB's out of the park so I expect you to be swinging for the fences again for this one.

(Not sure I can fit in many more baseball idioms that that :))

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

dev123 wrote: »
    Best of luck in Boston KC. You've been knockin PB's out of the park so I expect you to be swinging for the fences again for this one.

(Not sure I can fit in many more baseball idioms that that :))
    Haha, thanks! A Buddy's actually bringing us to a Red Sox game on Sunday afternoon, so the baseball references are all good (need to brush-up on my terminology!).

Peckham wrote: »
    Jaysus, scary stuff. Will buy you a pint in the airport tomorrow to steady the nerves!
    Beer? Are you mad? My body is a temple!
    (at least until Monday anyway!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Well thats the most far fetched pre-race excuse ive ever heard :)

Glad its just the bike that is damaged. Best of luck on monday. This training cycle has been savage - you are in fantastic shape. Hope you enjoy the race and get the time you deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Haha, thanks! A Buddy's actually bringing us to a Red Sox game on Sunday afternoon, so the baseball references are all good (need to brush-up on my terminology!).

So long as you know what 3rd base means there will be no confusion between you and your buddy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Best of luck KC, hope everything goes exactly to plan. Really looking forward to the report as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Perfect. Who needs sleeping tablets the night before the big race when you've got the MLB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

That's brave, a baseball game without beer. The marathon will be a breeze after that :D

Good luck to you on both and glad to hear you survived the M50 near death experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Take it as a good sign, luck is on your side.
    Did you report it? Any chance of getting your bike costs and compensation for that back injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭LarMan

Best of Luck Gary, hope everything goes smoothly and you get the result all your training deserves.

dna_leri wrote: »
    Take it as a good sign, luck is on your side.
    Did you report it? Any chance of getting your bike costs and compensation for that back injury?
    Not yet. Work is insane. Haven't had a chance to breathe. Will try to drop in on the way home, but today is a crazy busy day. Would love to just get my mirror replaced. Hate to be out of pocket because of someone else's carelessness and stupidity.

LarMan wrote: »
    Best of Luck Gary, hope everything goes smoothly and you get the result all your training deserves.
    I reckon your weekend is going to be a lot tougher than mine. Drink a few pints for me (damn running hobby forcing me to miss another good stag session).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Krusty, it occurred to me Tuesday night when I was in my field running 8 miles (when apparently, according to Hal Higdon, I shouldn't have been running 8 miles :eek:) that you are like the President of the student body, the valedictorian of the class, the quarterback of the football team, the one voted most likely to succeed.....so go be that guy in Boston. Can't wait to read your report, one slice at a time. :)

• Advertisement

You got it all wrong Dory Dory. I'm the guy voted mostly likely to get hit by an airborne trailer sign. The guy who will trip on the first step when boarding the plane and break his jaw. The guy who will fail in a humorous but slightly saddening way.

im-kenny-mccormick-kenny-mccormick-south-park-17483737-225-250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Glad your ok and best of luck in Boston, not that you need it or have any left to use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

I'd definitely be reporting it KC, glad you're ok and best of luck Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Keep the head down :eek: only a few days to go - best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

best of luck KC, looking forward to the report when ya get back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Best of luck Krusty...you have worked hard ( as usual ) of the last few months...i hope you get out of it what you put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Hope all goes ok for ya. Just remember heartbreak hill has nothin' on those connemara boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

"The hay is in the barn" as the Americans say. Enjoy letting it out in Boston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Go get it Gary, you have trained hard and smart and look to be in the shape of your life. Do you have a link for us online nerds to track your progress and what time does it kick off here?
    Lucky escape on the bike:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Go get it Gary, you have trained hard and smart and look to be in the shape of your life. Do you have a link for us online nerds to track your progress and what time does it kick off here?
    Lucky escape on the bike:eek:

Starts at 10am (EDT) which is 3pm here I think. Was looking for the athlete tracking myself, there is no obvious link but it does say on the spectator tab that
    The Boston Marathon uses a computer chip timing device as the primary method of scoring the race. The B.A.A. tracks every athlete at each 5 kilometer checkpoint. Family and friends can track the progress of their favorite runners by logging in to the B.A.A. website (www.baa.org) and entering the name and/or bib number of the entrant(s).

so I guess there will be an obvious tab on race day.

Advertisement