Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

dakar wrote: »
    Smashing, printed up nicely!

Yay!, i was starting to get really nervous about it.
    Especially considering i hadnt printed it myself first!

Guess what im gonna do tomorrow! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

My Order:

Order Date:19 Nov 2008
    Order Status: Processing
    Estimated Shipping Date:01 Dec 2008
    Shipping Method:Economy

so.....I'm not sure when it will arrive in Ireland !

Me too - ordered 5th of November, shipped on the 12th November, and Still waiting!
    Woddle wrote: »
    I ordered mine on the 5th and it shipped on the 12th, feels like it's taking forever

Hey - we have blurb book twins! They were hatched together. (still waiting here too!)
    Well, mine shipped on the 11th and it only arrived to-day ... and by normal mail.

I think it's just a matter of being patient with it ... :)

Yay! That means mine might be here tomorrow.

Seriously though, anyone ordering at this stage for Christmas presents would want to be very careful about it and have a back up plan if its for your mammy.

In terms of managing expectations, all advertising of the venture should recommend express shipping or at least state the experiences of economy shipping.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just got this e-mail this morning:

Dear Blurbarian,

We are sorry that it has taken longer than expected to process your order, but your book experienced a small production delay during its construction. We're working on getting your order to you as soon as possible and expect your order to ship within the next 1 to 2 business days.

To thank you for your patience, we've upgraded your shipping to a quicker method.

We know how eager you are to have your new book in hand and we apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have created.

Kind regards and happy blurbing,

Blurb Customer Support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

smccarrick wrote: »
    Just got this e-mail this morning:

Dear Blurbarian,

We are sorry that it has taken longer than expected to process your order, but your book experienced a small production delay during its construction. We're working on getting your order to you as soon as possible and expect your order to ship within the next 1 to 2 business days.

To thank you for your patience, we've upgraded your shipping to a quicker method.

We know how eager you are to have your new book in hand and we apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have created.

Kind regards and happy blurbing,

Blurb Customer Support

They must be reading your posts :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They must be reading your posts :rolleyes:

Lol, I wish.....
    Status: Order Status still "Processing" however shipping method now changed to "Priority". I ordered the "Imagewrap" version rather than the standard version- which is probably what is holding it up I guess. Do they print and bind these one by one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Ideo wrote: »
    167. Hopefully we'll hit the 200 mark!

Nice, i have links sent around to all sorts of people, and still waiting for my own pay day here ( hopefully a few people in work will be ordering when we get paid as plenty of people in here do a lot to support Temple Street! )

curious to see what happens the numbers after the 28th, or else people have been buttering me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

175 now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Just ordered my copy, how long does normal shipping take??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

It's hard to say how long shipping will take. For example I ordered my copy on the 3rd November, it shipped on the 13th and I'm still waiting.

It's here! very impressed with a quick look at it. Covey is my neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

And a lovely pair you make!

Great shots from the both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

whyulittle wrote: »
    175 now.

Ooo come on another 25 people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

DarrenG wrote: »
    It's here! very impressed with a quick look at it. Covey is my neighbour.

Not seen it yet. Couldn't have picked a better neighbour Dar. Hope it's the Ellis Island shot, simply love that.

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Order Date:  	21 Nov 2008
    Order Status:  	Processing
    Estimated Shipping Date: 	03 Dec 2008
    Shipping Method: 	Economy

Anyone know how long that Economy shipping actually takes? Seems a bit long from order to shipping doesn't it? Suppose it's the busy season tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Macros42 wrote: »

Anyone know how long that Economy shipping actually takes?

Mine shipped 10th - Arrived 20th

Seven Worlds will Collide

Macros42 wrote: »
    Order Date:  	21 Nov 2008
    Order Status:  	Processing
    Estimated Shipping Date: 	03 Dec 2008
    Shipping Method: 	Economy

Anyone know how long that Economy shipping actually takes? Seems a bit long from order to shipping doesn't it? Suppose it's the busy season tho

Mine ordered on 5th of November, shipped on the 12th November, and arrived today 25th of November so from start to being on your doorstep assuming economy shipping, it appears to be about 20 days in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Ordered two books yesterday, really looking forward to getting my hands on it. Well done everybody. :)

As i said above, I received mine today. I am so pleased for everyone involved with how good it is. Let me digress for a moment. This morning while waiting for someone in an eye clinic I picked up a really great photobook off a coffee table and browsed. It was by priory studios photographer and for the CRC. It was portraiture with a twist. Needless to say i enjoyed browsing it - indeed it was very good.

Then i got home to find the boards blurb book stuffed in the door. I must say it compares very favourably to that which i viewed earlier in the day. Different styles yeah, but the quality was there.

To those who posted that they were now embarrassed by what they submitted having seen the preview - there is nothing to be embarrassed about. They are without exception wonderful - each photograph stands on their own. One or two i had to give it time to understand but that was all the more clever of the photographer. It has been mentioned that the blurb process has darkened the images and indeed this is true and one or two images probably lose some detail into the darkness, however they are still wonderful in all respects.

Its just so different and diverse and wonderful.

To pick one in particular, my vote goes to Lucy - yes there's little cutie there with the "ah" factor inbuilt but its a great photograph (and nice story told there too) (and happy ending) - nice one Darren.

Only thing i would have liked is peoples boards nick to have been included. Many images we will have seen before and we can attribute real names but then its a struggle to relate it to this place.

To those that pulled it together - I salute your great endeavour. It is indeed a piece of excellence worth of praise.

Well done to everyone who submitted images - it is a credit and something to be proud of your participation.

Wider distribution is the only final question in my mind - it is such a beautiful product that it deserves to be enjoyed by many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Well during the discussions on the book, the preferred option I believe was to have real names printed. And as said before, if anyone wants to blow the cover on their secret ID, they are free to post it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

What does my picture look like??? Ive been waiting too long, i need to know!!! If blurb made them darker, its not good for my picture :(

• Advertisement

kgiller - which one is yours

kgiller - which one is yours

By Kieran Giller. Bumble Bee (300 style)

Looks great to me and your neighbours photo compliments it I believe. You will be happy when you see it.

Looks great to me and your neighbours photo compliments it I believe. You will be happy when you see it.

Thanks Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Mine ordered on 5th of November, shipped on the 12th November, and arrived today 25th of November so from start to being on your doorstep assuming economy shipping, it appears to be about 20 days in total.

That's cool. One is for a Christmas present - the other is for me. As long as I get them in time for I'm happy :)

I do have one slight problem with this whole thing tho - I generally make a cash donation to SSF which I haven't yet this year - I will though. But afaik the profit to ssf is ~€5? Much less that I'd usually donate. I accept that a lot of people who buy the book wouldn't donate normally but I'd be afraid that others who would may see this as their donation - even if it's less than normal.

Just a concern - not a criticism of the work done. I'm seriously impressed, even without receiving the book, with the support shown by the photo crew here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Macros42, you can't isolate the €5
    If the cost was any greater, it would put many people off purchasing the book.
    Of course people are free to make additional contributions, but I know that I'm not the only one to buy multiple copies, which increases my total donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

To pick one in particular, my vote goes to Lucy - yes there's little cutie there with the "ah" factor inbuilt but its a great photograph (and nice story told there too) (and happy ending) - nice one Darren.

Wow, you've just made my day!

I said in several discussions when people were trying to decide which photo to submit that it was important for them to put in the photo that meant most to them and not to worry what other people thought. I said that very much with mine in mind, because I had no idea how other people would react to the picture of Lucy. It obviously carries a huge significance for me, but I hoped it could stand on its own as a photograph. So to have somebody pick it out from a collection of images that I find inspiring (and particularly by someone whose opinion I value and respect), as I said has made my day!

Thank you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just got mine folks, and I have to say I'm mighty impressed. Well done to all!

I was in the same position last year and that picture brings it all back. Its something that Lucy will be proud as punch about in years to come.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just got mine, looks fantastic! Looking forward to sitting down tonight with a cup of tea and going through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

got mine this morning,should have had my screen calibrated before i sent the pic in,think a bit more pp wouldnt have gone a miss with my pic (kittie) but all in all some fabulous pics well done everyone

Advertisement