Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moyne

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I know them well.. it's a 1330 not a 1530 ;)

damn.. i missed my one of my palindromic posts :(

never watch movies on my laptop in lectures. did once, didn't have popcorn though... and i don't use youtube. or watch game trailers. so you're wrong. whoever said that.

less of the repeatee bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

It seems kinda pointless for them to be repeating and just talk the whole time, either they should be trying to learn, or realize they know whatever percentage from last year so why bother turning up, just study the hard ****.

Also, you know what grinds my gears, people who say "gets my goat" Wtf? Also the lack of commons rooms/couches down the science end, GMB is miles away. I want to be lazy, and walking to be lazy just seems wrong. Is there some secret couch-ful (new word, take note) place I'm missing?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Oooo I sorta missed the boat on the;

Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

moyne wrote: »
    never watch movies on my laptop in lectures. did once, didn't have popcorn though... and i don't use youtube. or watch game trailers. so you're wrong. whoever said that.

The guy who watches YouTube isn't repeating. Point out the repeatee bashing plz kthx.
    Do it yourself.. it's more fun :P

I don't want LapEee to die :(

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

dooleygav wrote: »
    I'm in third year now, believe men, graphics is piss easy in the exam, and Vij's tutorials make sense so just learn them!! And nobody give the lecturers any respect in first year Engineering, paper airplanes galore along with other stuff!!!

It's true, if you've done Tech. Drawing for the leaving then you'll easily get 80%+ in graphics

• Advertisement

I did two weeks of JC TD and I don't think we've gone beyond that yet.. in terms of practical stuff anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Never did TD before and i got a first in 1e7..

Stupidly easy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭uprooted shane

Baza210 wrote: »
    Those two that sit in the back row failed first year and are repeating.
    if thats who i think it is, go on ya ninja! suprised ya can see the fecker! master of hide and seek

Umm, what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

This week is generally bad for me. Given that I've just messed up my left elbow doing a shoulder press, I may be available free this thursday. Tbh I think next week is probably your best bet, have it on the thursday and I'll just arrive late.
    I can get a touchscreen kit for the MSI Wind that would fit my 1000H. Boston, what would it cost me for you install it? 3 pints? =P [After completion!]

I'm just a tad over qualified to do it. If you buy a solderless kit I'll give you a hand installing it in one of the electronics lab for the craic. I take no responsibility for a broken eee pc though.

Edit, jsut saw the make there, are you sure there's a proper kit available. Linky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Vaguely tempted to get one and install it for my eee actually.

Boston wrote: »
    I'm just a tad over qualified to do it. Is it the eee pc 701 ? If you buy a solderless kit I'll give you a hand installing it in one of the electronics lab for the craic. I take no responsibility for a broken eee pc though.
    It's an Eee
    1000H

I can't afford it right now, but whenever I get my hands on one I'll let you know. I'd link you to the touchscreen mod's thread on forums.msiwind.net but the tubes seem to be clogged.

Actually, I have the URL, I just can't get access to the page myself- blaming ISS.
    http://forums.msiwind.net/post54164.html#p54164

Ah yea, I've read through one for the 901. That seems straight forward, even the soldering kit looks grand. I imagine the problem with come from trying to open the case.

I'm just a simple JF who doesn't understand limits, oh ElecEng overlord.

Well considering how often I had to explain the difference between 5Vs and GND to the first years last year, you people shouldn't be allowed computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭uprooted shane

Umm, what?

ah was on holidays with the guy, if its him, and he is just a ninja! sorry, a bit off topic, but damn the boy is sneeky:eek:

this is the off topic engineering crap thread, feel free to drag it in whatever direction you like

Well considering how often I had to explain the difference between 5Vs and GND to the first years last year, you people shouldn't be allowed computers.

5Volts and Ground? I r winrar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

5Volts and Ground? I r winrar.

Try something hard like lateral torsional buckling

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

kearnsr wrote: »
    Try something hard like lateral torsional buckling

Yea.. But thats civil eng.. Civil is boring :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Yea.. But thats civil eng.. Civil is boring :P

Its actually structural but who cares

MM26212_l.jpeg
    Please turn clockwise.

MM26212_l.jpeg
    Please turn clockwise.
    Posting pictures of your gf first, now posting pictures of yourself? ;)

kearnsr wrote: »
    Its actually structural but who cares
    My apologies. I tend to call them by the one umbrella term.

Thats bad form indeed.

A lot of people just didn't seem to get the picaxe or the schematics.. :confused:

Posting pictures of your gf first, now posting pictures of yourself? ;)
    Dimmer switch != door knob.

Dimmer switch != door knob.
    Looks kinda knobish..

Posting pictures of your gf first,

Where is this now?

Oh lawd, not again.

• Advertisement

Advertisement