Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why some women dress as sluts on Halloween?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Zirconia wrote: »
    I'd wager those women who chose bare close to everything are generally a lot more uninhibited in private generally, while many of those who wouldn't dream of dressing like that, even on Halloween, aren't too imaginative or open to new things in the bedroom either.

I don't think so, the people who wouldn't dream of dressing like that probably just feel uncomfortable showing off so much of their body to strangers, that's a far cry from being open to new things in the bedroom where they'll be with someone they're close too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

The original poster is spot on.

I hate to see women demean themselves like that, weather it be one night a year at Halloween, or every weekend.

You don't see men going into a night club / pub wearing half nothing, with the imprint of their cock pressed up against their leg for all to see.

Please girls, keep the breasts and inner thighs and arses under a little bit more material. Less is more as they say. (Less flesh that is)

But then again women are attention seeking, irrational, competitive and have a serious case of the "Look at me, I'm SO important!!" 's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭jimmy-jazz

who gives a ****....

i just think people have lost halloween, people don't dress to scare anymore. i always thught that was the whole idea. since when has scooby-doo or a ****ing penguin been scary??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Smyth wrote: »
    It just saddens me to see so many women carrying themselves with so little grace, self respect and dignity.

I mean, why wear something to a room full of people that you'd be ashamed to be seen in public in?

Is there some sort of underlying want to look like a whore? Is it the attention? Does it make them feel good?

If they were ashamed to wear it in public then they wouldn't have been wearing it, now would day.

How's the view on the old high horse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Piste wrote: »
    I don't think so, the people who wouldn't dream of dressing like that probably just feel uncomfortable showing off so much of their body to strangers, that's a far cry from being open to new things in the bedroom where they'll be with someone they're close too.
    +1
    The most sexually open-minded people I know are the ones who cover up and look classy; the sexually conservative ones are the ones who look like they're heading off to work in the lapdancing club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

But then again women are attention seeking, irrational, competitive and have a serious case of the "Look at me, I'm SO important!!" 's.

Banned

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hmmm, i dressed as Princess Fiona and a pink fluffy bunny

i seriously lack the slut gene woo hoo \ 0 /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

You don't see men going into a night club / pub wearing half nothing, with the imprint of their cock pressed up against their leg for all to see.

I wonder how you'd explain the amount of scantily clad males on Halloween then??
    I saw a fella wearing nothing but a spray tan, a pair of boots, shorts and a little bow tie. He was a chippendale and I laughed.
    Halloween is all about laughs.
    OP, did you even smile this Halloween? It doesn't sound like you did, poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I saw a fella wearing nothing but a spray tan, a pair of boots, shorts and a little bow tie.
    Man SLUT! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I hate to see women demean themselves like that, weather it be one night a year at Halloween, or every weekend.

Please girls, keep the breasts and inner thighs and arses under a little bit more material. Less is more as they say. (Less flesh that is)

Please thank Cian and Kya1976 for this photographic proof that guys will in fact go into pubs wearing half nothing:D:
    6032603566a9320746235l.jpg
    6032603566a9320747163l.jpg

So I'm afraid it's probably just a case of your sexuality driving you to take more note of, and better remember, girls doing it than lads (we tend to better remember physical details about those of the opposite gender).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well OP. You came on here full of questions. Five pages later and everyone has given their opinion. Do you feel your question has been answered, do you feel anymore enlightened?

In your opinion.

What makes you think they are demeaning themselves? I imagine these women are very happy with what they are wearing.

Oh, sorry, you meant in YOUR OPINION they are demeaning themselves according to YOUR set of personal standards and ethics.

Massive difference.

Eh, Skinny jeans mate. If i see one more dick while walking down Grafton street i'm gonna punch someone.

Why? So you think they are more attractive? Because all girls should want that. For you to think they are attractive, right?

4 reason to love them right there.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Well OP. You came on here full of questions. Five pages later and everyone has given their opinion. Do you feel your question has been answered, do you feel anymore enlightened?

I know I come across as a self rightous snobby bastard sometimes, but one thing I'm not is narrow minded. I've read everything posted here in this thread and have changed my attitude towards the subject..entirely.
    Sometimes I overthink things - as in this case :P

This thread has served as a corkscrew on my bottle of 'chill the feck out'

However, I still think there's LIMITS to what should be on show.

<3 intarwebs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well fair play to you for admitting that the thread has changed your views.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I still think all women who dress as hooers on Halloween will end up in the Magdalene Laundries >_>

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

However, I still think there's LIMITS to what should be on show.`
    Which is why we have insulating tape. Fer coverin up de nips, of course. Anyway I wouldnt worry. Nudity wont catch on here. Its too bloody cold.
    <3 intarwebs
    <3 a happy ending and conflict resolution.

Morality police and sluts should love each other.
    .....on the other hand, no. The progeny would be darn strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I found it very hard to find a non slutty costume too. In the end i felt mine was too short so i wore it with jeans. I couldn't tell you the amount of times i heard ah you don't need to wear jeans with that! But if i hadn't i'd say someone would be here complaining about me. Different folks, different strokes. Maybe if people were a little slower to judge others and quicker to look at themselves these things would be a bit easier

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

LolaDub wrote: »
    I found it very hard to find a non slutty costume too.

Ive noticed pretty much every costume aimed at women these days is 'sexy' in nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭donaghs

jimmy-jazz wrote: »
    who gives a ****....

i just think people have lost halloween, people don't dress to scare anymore. i always thught that was the whole idea. since when has scooby-doo or a ****ing penguin been scary??

I saw a girl in Kilbarrack who must have been about 13 (presumably goes to school), but who had dressed up as a "sexy school girl". Kind of sad in a bizarre sort of way. She wasn't Trick or Treating though, just hanging out with all the bad lads at one of the bonfires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

It just saddens me to see so many women carrying themselves with so little grace, self respect and dignity.

I mean, why wear something to a room full of people that you'd be ashamed to be seen in public in?

Is there some sort of underlying want to look like a whore? Is it the attention? Does it make them feel good?

Nah you're saddened because you've no chance of scoring them, like the rest who complain. Who cares if they wanna look slutty one night of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭donaghs

"Who cares" if children and young teenagers dress slutty? You may of course be trolling, but it does sound very weird to me. I love for you to elaborate on this.

donaghs wrote: »
    "Who cares" if children and young teenagers dress slutty? You may of course be trolling, but it does sound very weird to me. I love for you to elaborate on this.

The Quoted section he is responding uses the word "women".

Not "girls" or "children".

Whilst i understand your concern about the subject you are talking about don't assume ever comment made her applies to women, or children, especially when providing direct evidence as to where their opinion is aimed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

KatCookie wrote: »
    Has the OP never seen Mean Girls?
    "Halloween is the only day of the year when girls can dress as sluts and people cant say a word to them"

Not so. There was a girl opposite me on the bus this morning showing off everything bar her nipples. I felt like asking her whether she was cold. She hopped off at Trinity happy as Larry with herself. Yet she'd probably be the first person to start complaining about people talking to her tits rather than her face. Why :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

donaghs wrote: »
    Jesus...

Read the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

smccarrick wrote: »
    Not so. There was a girl opposite me on the bus this morning showing off everything bar her nipples. I felt like asking her whether she was cold. She hopped off at Trinity happy as Larry with herself. Yet she'd probably be the first person to start complaining about people talking to her tits rather than her face. Why :confused:

she probably chatting to her mates about these unfashionable nerds on buses starring at her...

Who are we to judge what people find acceptable to wear... seriously if ladies want to dress in what you call "slutty" outfits so what... thats up to them, they obviously like it....
    what you call slutty someone else might call sexy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

staker wrote: »
    any final requests?
    ready,aim FIRE!!!

ahem, AH maybe??:D

haha I like your style :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

Hey but in fairness some of them look great, but a guy dressed as batman or superman.... in TIGHTS a man in TIGHTS :eek: ugh not my thing but then again thats just my opinion :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

smccarrick wrote: »
    Not so. There was a girl opposite me on the bus this morning showing off everything bar her nipples. I felt like asking her whether she was cold.

What really kills me is when they start complaining how cold it is... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

I have to say I dont get it either, where is the invention in it or the wit or even the halloween factor? are girls so vain they cant have a sense of imagination about dressing up? The best costume I saw was a girl dressed as Russell Brand, she looked identical, it was brilliant.And then you see the play boy bunnies and the french maids and its so boring! Is it an under developed personality or just too afraid of not getting male attention because you are not half naked? I went to a party as a lobster not one for the lads but I had great craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder why so many guys dress up as women at Halloween...

Advertisement