Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quotes

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Motivation is what gets you started.
    Habit is what keeps you going.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Motivation is what gets you started.
    Habit is what keeps you going.

Lol - that is written on my fitness first gym card.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BossArky wrote: »
    Lol - that is written on my fitness first gym card.
    It was on my post-it calender thingy on my desk today. That and the factoid that this day in 1964 the Italian government requested aid to keep the Leaning Tower of Pisa from toppling.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 butterflydream

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body. ~ Cher

[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]"To feel 'fit as a fiddle', you must tone down your middle."[/FONT] :D

also the very well known "NO PAIN, NO GAIN"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Sticky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Rocky quotes

Rocky - "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"

Mickey - "You're a bum, Rock. You're a bum"

Mickey - "If you ever get hurt and you feel that you're goin' down this little angel is gonna whisper in your ear. It's gonna say, 'Get up you son of a bitch 'cause Mickey loves you'." (Rocky V)

Mickey - "OK, I'm gonna tell ya! You had the talent to become a good fighter, but instead of that, you become a legbreaker to some cheap, second rate loanshark!"

Mickey - (Rocky has just done 58 press ups on 1 arm) "Don't be a slacker." (Rocky II)

Apollo Creed - "Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker."

Rocky - "Yo Adrian! I did it!!"

Mickey - "You'll be able to spit nails, kid. Like the guy says, you're gonna eat lightning and you're gonna crap thunder. You're gonna become a very dangerous person."

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

I seccond the sticky.....mainly cos i wana see my name on a sticky:p

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

You know all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense us going down that same old road again. To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so sparring is out.

So, what we'll be calling on is good ol’ fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train. Yeah! Let's start building some hurtin' bombs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Two quotes I like for boxing -

A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood - George Patton

Train hard, win easy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

winners **** the prom queen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Another one that I like -

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters - Cus D'Amato

Advertisement