Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin 25th October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Raam - you have some pride to win back tomorrow now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    I dropped Raam on the N81 once. Of course it's pure coincidence that he's behind this No N81 campaign.

I couldn't stand the smell of ye.
    Please see rule 16

OK, truth is I was dropped like a hot potato :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Tonto, still up for 9am in the morning eh?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Tonto, still up for 9am in the morning eh?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think I will leave it to tomorrow to decide, but I would hope to be out for a cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Good luck to anyone going out in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

penexpers wrote: »
    Good luck to anyone going out in that.

No-shows will end up on Caroline's 'wimp' list :D

I'm already on it so I have no shame here stretched out on my lovely warm sofa...

Euggh. I was volunteered to go visit my brother-in-law today by the girlfriend to pick up something, should be a fun cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Looks like I made he wimp list, deidn't fancy getting blown around the place while on a bike, not my style.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

In that wind I thought goingto wicklow was inconsistent with the pursuit of happiness so I gave it a miss.

El Tonto where is club ride going from tomorrow? Weather is meant to be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Looks like I made he wimp list, deidn't fancy getting blown around the place while on a bike, not my style.

Welcome to wimp* heaven:D

@barrabus - the spin tomorrow is with Orwell Wheelers. 930 SHARP from Joe Daly's in Dundrum. There's a beginners and a step-up group.

I've been out with the beginners, very enjoyable. We did 80+km two weeks ago avg 22kmh. Step-up group do something a bit longer and faster afaik.

*My 9 year old insists 'wimp' is very old fashioned. I asked him for an up to date term. He offered 'chicken' and 'scaredy-cat'. You heard it here first:D

Sorry I didn't turn up this morning. I was on my way out, and all of a sudden I found myself in a place which was not the place where I wanted to be. I was happily cycling along and took a left turn at The Goat, which took me into Pan's Labyrinth. I should not have taken that left turn :o. This led me in a few circles and at this stage it was well past 9, so I was fuming. Definitely not a happy camper. I tried my new Garmin, but it only has base maps and thought Dundrum was somewhere near Tipp, so no joy there. I eventually got directions, but by that stage it was 9.30, so I figured you guys had gone on. I started heading out to Wicklow myself, but got fed up when a head wind at an M50 bridge blew me backwards so went to a buddies for coffee instead.

Complete disaster.

Here is my magical mystery tour:
    th_CyclingTerenure25-10-2008.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

All you guys are wimps, El Tonto, Niceonetom and me are legends! We did go out and made it to Wicklow, head winds, side winds, f*ckin Tornado winds that almost blew us all the way to Larragh without touching the road at all. Yes, cyclists CAN fly ... just not very well.

Will post photos in a while.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »
    Complete disaster.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

My Saturday spin didn't go too well either... was cycling alongside Krys when we managed to get our handlebars caught up, and both went down... she landed on the back of her head, taking a chunk out of her helmet, knocking her out for a couple of mins, and leaving her with a concussion... I landed on my face, leaving me with a big gash just above my eye, some crazy road rash and a slight concussion... queue trip to A&E in Weston :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=65420&stc=1&d=1224942661

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Helmet, Helmet, Helmet. nough said. Glad to see you are smiling Tiny and your beauty untarnished :D

... she landed on the back of her head, taking a chunk out of her helmet, knocking her out for a couple of mins, and leaving her with a concussion... I landed on my face, leaving me with a big gash just above my eye, some crazy road rash and a slight concussion... queue trip to A&E in Weston :)

Jebus:eek: That was unfortunate. Hope you're on the mend soon. Get stiches?

@Tiny: ouch! Have a few beers, they will make you feel better. Look after yourself!

Jebus:eek: That was unfortunate. Hope you're on the mend soon. Get stiches?

Glued up, so no stitches to worry about!

@sy -everyone's been going on about helmets, I know, but I still choose not to wear one (though I may think twice now as it saved Krys from serious injusy)

@Raam -pints are banned on leaflet the hospital give me pertaining to head injuries, but I'll damn well be sinking a few later :)

That photo should be your new avatar pic.

• Advertisement

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

I thought you would go harder on me :pac:
    I went up Howth for a few laps instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Tiny... your head must be quite bad but I think you should be more concerned about the angle of your arm?!

GWS...

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Tiny... your head must be quite bad but I think you should be more concerned about the angle of your arm?!

GWS...

That wasn't my arm... I was being propped up by one of the guys we were out with... after it happened, I was ok, and stood up a bit, dripping blood all over the place, then after a couple of mins it went a little hazy, and the next thing I knew I was waking up to folk putting me in the recovery position! The pic was taken after about 20mins when I was sitting up supported by the legs of one of the guys -taken by Krys, so it was allowed ;)

That photo should be your new avatar pic.

How would I do that? Bear in mind that my brains not exactly working at the mo... every time I nod off, I'm being prodded after 20 mins to ensure I'm ok :)

How would I do that? Bear in mind that my brains not exactly working at the mo... every time I nod off, I'm being prodded after 20 mins to ensure I'm ok :)

I think you need to be a subscriber. Then it will appear in your user options.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My Saturday spin didn't go too well either... was cycling alongside Krys when we managed to get our handlebars caught up, and both went down... she landed on the back of her head, taking a chunk out of her helmet, knocking her out for a couple of mins, and leaving her with a concussion... I landed on my face, leaving me with a big gash just above my eye, some crazy road rash and a slight concussion... queue trip to A&E in Weston :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=65420&stc=1&d=1224942661

Bloody brillient picture. (no pun intented)

But seriously, HELMET UP BOY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

@Raam - that map cracks me up. help!! i'm lost on de sout soide!!!!!!!
    ...I landed on my face, leaving me with a big gash just above my eye, some crazy road rash and a slight concussion...

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg(thanks tonto)

i'm only messin tiny :p heal up well :) - you needed another hole in your head anyway didn't you?

niceonetom wrote: »
    @Raam - that map cracks me up. help!! i'm lost on de sout soide!!!!!!!

I felt as useless as a foot-brake on a wheel chair.
    I really wanted to scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

unionman wrote: »

@barrabus - the spin tomorrow is with Orwell Wheelers. 930 SHARP from Joe Daly's in Dundrum. There's a beginners and a step-up group.

I've been out with the beginners, very enjoyable. We did 80+km two weeks ago avg 22kmh. Step-up group do something a bit longer and faster afaik.

[/SIZE]

I assume this is post clock change 9.30 which is 13 hr 10 mins away from now (21:20)

• Advertisement

I'm assuming that too.

Advertisement