Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin 25th October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@ Blog/Unionman/Cadex/72oo/kenmc/Tiny

Wimps ...
    I object to being included, I will be cycling, just down in Cork, and any boardsies down there are welcome to join me! I was out to Roundwood Monday night and Pine Forest/Stocking lane Wednesday night with my new torch, got up to 55km/h! All on my fixie! Take that! 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Blorg 1 - 0 Rest Of The World

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

72hundred wrote: »
    Why the Park so bad?
    Famillies ... Grannies and kids everywhere
    blorg wrote: »
    I object to being included, I will be cycling, just down in Cork, and any boardsies down there are welcome to join me! I was out to Roundwood Monday night and Pine Forest/Stocking lane Wednesday night with my new torch, got up to 55km/h! All on my fixie! Take that! 11!
    Ok Sorry ... i remove you from the wimp list ... and I will add you to the traitor list because you are going to cycle in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I was out to Roundwood Monday night and Pine Forest/Stocking lane Wednesday night with my new torch, got up to 55km/h! All on my fixie! Take that! 11!

You just insist on raising the bar to a place us mere mortals cannot reach don't you?

Between yourself and Caroline now I feel so inadequate. I had no idea participation in this forum was going to have such a detrimental effect on my self esteem.

:(sob:(

unionman wrote: »
    You just insist on raising the bar to a place us mere mortals cannot reach don't you?

Between yourself and Caroline now I feel so inadequate. I had no idea participation in this forum was going to have such a detrimental effect on my self esteem.

:(sob:(

You are missing the whole point if the forum unionman ( without a capital U ) ... I am sure you have gathered that Blog is just a show off and still cycles with stabilizers in real life ... he doesn't own a road bike, just a tricyle, and the Alpes? he's never been there, he just love toblerone.

• Advertisement

Mmmmm...Toblerone...uuuurghlurghl

:D

Stabilizers eh? So I can put mine back on for the next boards spin? To be honest I feel very insecure without them.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

superforecast_uk_ireland35.png

on the bright side we should be able to get back to dublin from blessington without pedalling. which is nice.

i'm off to have a good look at google maps to see if i can find a good descent that runs north-north-east and has plenty of visability. i feel a speed record attempt coming on.

niceonetom wrote: »

I feel a speed record attempt coming on.

I feel a race down hill coming on ... :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The road back from Blessington is probably your best bet. I came back that way on Sunday when there were high winds and I was flying.

If we pedal fast enough as we hit the coast, we could probably reach the Isle of Man. Ok, maybe not, but nearly.

• Advertisement

I find if you climb in the general direction of the wind and come back the other way, the mountain generally shields you from most of the pain on the way up. The top bit of Sally Gap there is an exception mind :D Good luck, if I don't hear from any of you again, cheers, you were nice people.

el tonto wrote: »
    The road back from Blessington is probably your best bet. I came back that way on Sunday when there were high winds and I was flying.
    N81_National_IE.png

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

N81_National_IE.png

If you don't want to go fast, then don't take it. Simple as that.:D

N81_National_IE.png

I support this campaign.

Ok -> Blorg you're back on the Wimps list and so are you Raam.

191 RPM today descending from Johnny Foxes, can I come off the list please? (Almost came off the bike :D)

191 RPM today descending from Johnny Foxes, can I come off the list please? (Almost came off the bike :D)

Ok Ok ... I will remove you again ... but it's the last time. Next time I will modify my signature to ' I beat blorg down the Galibier ' ....

Uhm, I haven't done anything of note today. Can I be taken off the list anyway?

Raam wrote: »
    Uhm, I haven't done anything of note today. Can I be taken off the list anyway?

MMmmmm eeeeeeeerrr No ... Unless you let me beat you up a hill so I can say I have beat Raam up a hill once in my life and it was not in my deams ...

MMmmmm eeeeeeeerrr No ... Unless you let me beat you up a hill so I can say I have beat Raam up a hill once in my life and it was not in my deams ...

hmmm, well, OK.

• Advertisement

hmmm, well, OK.
    Woohoo! You're off the list and I will change my signature from tomorrow PM to ' I beat Raam up a hill, and Raam beats blorg regularly, I am superhuman'.

Woohoo! You're off the list and I will change my signature from tomorrow PM to ' I beat Raam up a hill, and Raam beats blorg regularly, I am superhuman'.

You're taking no prisoners today!

I support this campaign.

As do I.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

@ Blog/Unionman/Cadex/72oo/kenmc/Tiny

Wimps ...

I'll be cycling myself, just not in Wicklow -not a wimp, just foreign... and we're heading out at 8.30... *gulp*

You're taking no prisoners today!

Forgive me God ( That's Sean Kelly the god of cycling ) for I have sinned ... I have defamed all my cycling buddies for no reason but boredom. I will cycle up and down Kippure x3 and Sally Gap x5 tomorrow ....

Forgive me God ( That's Sean Kelly the god of cycling ) for I have sinned ... I have defamed all my cycling buddies for no reason but boredom. I will cycle up and down Kippure x3 and Sally Gap x5 tomorrow ....

...without stabilizers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

I actually did beat Raam up a hill once, granted he may have got stuck in the big ring or something like that, but still!

He may not remember it but I sure do :)

LDB wrote: »
    I actually did beat Raam up a hill once, granted he may have got stuck in the big ring or something like that, but still!

I would write it like this if I were you.
    I actually did beat Raam up a hill once.

I do remember, I had to get off and walk :o

• Advertisement

I dropped Raam on the N81 once. Of course it's pure coincidence that he's behind this No N81 campaign.

Advertisement