Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Flirting Tips

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

If a girl came over and said "hello" to me, I'd think she was an annoying extrovert. Get a tshirt with "hello" printed on it and then stand in their peripheral vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Pen1987 wrote: »
    word... fake steal it buy or make it, but always have confidence.

I reckon half of my and RedXIV previous replies to PI/Ladies lounge thread are this "do/don't re: women topic"...Book is in the making.

It'd be a crime not to share some of the knowledge we gathered :D

OP, if you really REALLY want an answer to these kind of questions, as Pen1987 says, look up old replies on the subject, the detail that this has been interrogated to is pretty intense and if you don't learn anything then accept the fact that the lack of knowledge isn't your stumbling block :D

but it'll probably all boil down to make sure you have confidence. if you can't nail that one aspect, you're fighting a losing battle

Edit: if the book is released, i want my name on top......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well for a lot of people, including me, you will have to practically hit them shouting I LIKE YOU before they figure it out. None of this eye contact across the room stuff, talk to the bloke, make it clear that you like him. Men are simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Depends on the situation. For arguments sake we'll say it's a noisy bar/club - eye contact and a flirty smile is definitely the way to start with almost zero embaressment on either side if it's not returned.
    I'd say keep it fairly subtle - if he can't spot it then you'ld have to assume he's also incapable of pleasing you sexually. No I'm not kidding. :D
    Also, know when to back off. If you've talked to him, laughed at his jokes, playfully put your hand on his shoulder/leg/whatever :O and he still doesn't seem to be making an effort towards you, it's possible that he's not interested in which case it's time to move on. If it turns out he was interested, he'll find you.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

kyub wrote: »
    Flash your gash.

Please behave yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'll show ya someday ;)

NEVER EVER BUY A DRINK! trust me, this doesn't work. thanks to people getting worried about rape drugs, people are reluctant to recieve drinks off strangers. treat them as you'd treat anyone else, try and get them to buy you a drink*

*no seriously, for some reason this works. at least it's a converstation ;)

jaysus a lot has changhed i guess since i was single last i suppose... its a different place to what it was 8 years ago :( im sure i'll figure it out after a few slaps to the face hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

ever try just "Hey stranger, want to buy a girl a drink?"

It actually works ! or maybe thats just one of *yer* lines on getting free drink... bah ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I have never ever not once noticed if someone's looking at me from across the room. Often enough it['s because I can't quite make it out (downside of being not that blind that you'd wear glasses the whole time.) Also, I'm not very observant.

One thing I'd say is, just be yourself, if that's not good enough for someone, no point going near 'em. And start a conversation. If you're in a pub, or a club or whatever, just go up and say hello. It's far and away the easiest way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 siobhanc

well I like to buy him a drink...it has worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Twice I've had women do a 'come tither' finger motion at me to make me get off my arse to do something. Obviously the smiling and flirty glances weren't enough, the kick on the backside nearly did it but that certainly got me into action.
    Try that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Well for a lot of people, including me, you will have to practically hit them shouting I LIKE YOU before they figure it out. None of this eye contact across the room stuff, talk to the bloke, make it clear that you like him. Men are simple.

Pretty much sums it up. Also a 40ft billboard helps... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Simple sentences in a clear precise tone indicating interest are helpful.

Anything more subtle will not indicate you are interested. Some guys might try it on anyway, plenty won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

well I like to buy him a drink...it has worked!
    Aye happened to me once. Was pretty shocked but had a good night talking to her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Eye contact, big smile, pat the empty seat beside you or pantomine throwing the person next to you off the seat for them. More smiling.

If he blushes (many do), but you think he's interested, do him a big favour and approach him yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Twice I've had women do a 'come tither' finger motion at me to make me get off my arse to do something. Obviously the smiling and flirty glances weren't enough, the kick on the backside nearly did it but that certainly got me into action.
    Try that.

I did that before to a girl, it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I did that before to a girl, it works.

Sweet:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Agreed. Uncomplicated.

I've had the renowned eye contact all night long, but with attached smile or looks of horror in equal measure.:eek:

A simple solution is a conversation :D

Advertisement