Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Flirting Tips

Options
  • 20-10-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

how to get a guys attention / make them notice you

All tips welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Get your boobs out :)
    Only joking , Eye contact is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Better yet going over and saying "Hello", they're more likely to try talk to you than if you make faces like you're on an acid trip, in trying to get their attention without risking publicly known rejection should they be uninterested.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Be nice. That generally does the trick.
    also worth mentioning you are single in passing (ie: not "OMG im so single right now")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Be yourself.

Say "Hello".

End.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Hit me over the head and say "I fancy you". Anything more subtle is likely to be missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Absolutely start a conversation, lots of eye contact and a little touch on his arm will gently let him know you're keen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

A dazzling smile and a lot of eye contact is your only man:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Depends on the guy and the situation.

If it's just a random bloke you fancy in passing, smile at him or leave them a note with your mobile.

If it's a mate, well, bit trickier but just ask him for a beer and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

GO OVER TO HIM!! :)
    If you're in a bar or club and you fancy someone then maybe try go over to the bar the same time as him and start a chat while both waiting to get served.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Do not try and flirt, be yourself, and listen, a lot of people forget to listen and rabbit on about themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

A dazzling smile and a lot of eye contact is your only man:)

Poor lad could think he's got something on his face/in his hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, for those of us who miss all this flirting business, just walk up say Hi and talking!!! Otherwise we (read: I) get kinda nervous and not sure what is goin on!!!!

I am terrible when it comes to knowing if girls fancy me due to most of my female friends being rather affectionate. SO BE OBVIOUS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

JP Liz wrote: »

All tips welcome
    As a lad a few things that will catch my are:
    • Laughing at jokes (although that's a given, i'm hilarious). Also place hand on arm or shoulder when laughing, you can add a 'you're so funny'.
    • Leaning in close to talk, again place hand on person to talk
    • Stand close to him than normal, maybe press a part of your body to his
    • Stay close by and be attentive, if he has to go somewhere for a bit ask if he wants company

Basically just be nice, attentive, friendly and tactile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Pangea wrote: »
    Get your boobs out :)
    Only joking , Eye contact is key.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

just go sit down next to him and start playing super mario 3 on your phone. as soon as he realizes what youre doing, youre in there like shareware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

JP Liz wrote: »
    Do yourself up to look as hot as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Laugh.

Trust me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Flash your gash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

i recon your single Kyub.. either that or one unlucky GF :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

BAH! You're not allowed follow me round boards! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

Ladies, apologies for my OH's disgustingness!! Words will be had!

i find non verbal communication is very important, playing with your hair, gently rub your neck or shoulder.. also, try whispering in his ear while unintentionally rubbing off him :p

As a guy ill tell you that you will need to go as far as making eye contact with us and smiling before the penny drops. We are slow and unrefined creatures and subtlty doesn't often work!

I find that if a girl is with hr friends/dancing etc and she looks at me, smiles, looks away, glances back again and smiles again then thats about as good a sign as you'll get. Some girls may say that is being too obvious but Ive talked to girls who later on admitted they were giving me signs that I just did not pick up on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

RedXIV wrote: »
    Laugh.

Trust me ;)

At you?

Dont think that would work? :pac:

LadyE wrote: »
    At you?

Dont think that would work? :pac:

Anyone that'd take the time to laugh at you has to be listening to you first, and making them laugh means they are having a good time ;) after that.....well i'm not giving my secrets away ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

I hate women being all obvious and putting me under pressure not to **** up a golden opportunity. Especially around other people.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Anyone that'd take the time to laugh at you has to be listening to you first, and making them laugh means they are having a good time ;) after that.....well i'm not giving my secrets away ;)

Thats a shame :( sure its works tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Come over to us and spell it out, we (well me) are idiots... and need to be told.. i will be standing there smiling at a girl and she is smiling back.. then i walk off like a dope oblivious of "signs" and then find out later from someone that *enter name* was flirting with me but i didnt seem interested.. DOH!! :eek:

also... what way should we approach you guys? cos sometimes its really easy to walk up and start chatting up a girl with confidence, but all it takes is one knockback and you can be shy for a few weeks and then miss out on a chance.. do you prefer a guy to just walk straight up or buy u a drink or make eye contact across the room kinda thing?

:)

*god im sooo single.. btw hahahaha

LadyE wrote: »
    Thats a shame :( sure its works tho.

I'll show ya someday ;)
    Heathen wrote: »
    do you prefer a guy to just walk straight up or buy u a drink or make eye contact across the room kinda thing?

NEVER EVER BUY A DRINK! trust me, this doesn't work. thanks to people getting worried about rape drugs, people are reluctant to recieve drinks off strangers. treat them as you'd treat anyone else, try and get them to buy you a drink*

*no seriously, for some reason this works. at least it's a converstation ;)

Heathen wrote: »
    Come over to us and spell it out, we (well me) are idiots... and need to be told.. i will be standing there smiling at a girl and she is smiling back.. then i walk off like a dope oblivious of "signs" and then find out later from someone that *enter name* was flirting with me but i didnt seem interested.. DOH!! :eek:

also... what way should we approach you guys? cos sometimes its really easy to walk up and start chatting up a girl with confidence, but all it takes is one knockback and you can be shy for a few weeks and then miss out on a chance.. do you prefer a guy to just walk straight up or buy u a drink or make eye contact across the room kinda thing?

:)

*god im sooo single.. btw hahahaha

But what would that acheive..one person, who you dont know knocks you back and it puts you off asking someone out again? Just do it, fake a confidence until she says yes...hard work done, then you can be yourself!

And appraoch the person instead of the who eye contact across the room thing! ;) That'd work on me (if I were single)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

word... fake steal it buy or make it, but always have confidence.

I reckon half of my and RedXIV previous replies to PI/Ladies lounge threads are on this "do/don't re: women" topic... Book is in the making.

Advertisement