Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson C905

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You can get a 3.5 adapter for these phones. I use one with my w810i.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Hi Folks,
    Just got my upgrade on my o2 business account and thinking of this phone.

Have progressed from the k800i (best phone ever owner )to the k850i.

Always been a SE man and love the useability with myphonexplorer.

Has anyone here upgraded form the k850i to the c905?

I find the k850i unreal slow and buggy, restarting. freezing, delay in searching for a contact. Not hanging up ect.

I am not a fan of slider phones, rather have a all in one brick but for the features I could live with it.

Whats the speed like on the o/s coming from the k850i to the c905?

Cheers

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

brightkane wrote: »
    anyone?

If you dont like sliders how about the c902?

Walkman wrote: »
    If you dont like sliders how about the c902?

cheers for the reply, was thinking that alright, but its basically the same as he k850i isnt it? same features ect?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The 902 is meant to be better than the 850 but the 905 is meant to better than both.

Thanks boston, suppose the only thing for it is to go into the shop and test both out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Anyone know how to turn on delivery reports? It's debranded...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Cancel that - just found it... menu/messages/messages/settings....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 gowger

I tested this myself and despite debranding I haven't lost the ability to request deliver reports for my texts (not that I use the functionality). Also for anyone who debrands and wants to get the proper (free to use) 3 versions of Skype and MSN back, holla at me by pm ;)

On the three website then I see that this c905 is listed as not having skype available. So apparently it's possible to install it afterwards. I tried installing the mobile version from skype's website on my current k800 and it didn't work for me. So I'm wondering if can tell me if there are many restrictions to skype's functionality if it is indeed possible to download and install it after purchase.

I presume you can call other people logged into skype. Is it possible to skypeout to international numbers?

I know that it wasn't possible with many of their skype enabled phones to use skype chat, or sms via skype. Is this still the case when it's installed after purchase?

• Advertisement

gowger wrote: »
    On the three website then I see that this c905 is listed as not having skype available. So apparently it's possible to install it afterwards. I tried installing the mobile version from skype's website on my current k800 and it didn't work for me. So I'm wondering if can tell me if there are many restrictions to skype's functionality if it is indeed possible to download and install it after purchase.

I presume you can call other people logged into skype. Is it possible to skypeout to international numbers?

I know that it wasn't possible with many of their skype enabled phones to use skype chat, or sms via skype. Is this still the case when it's installed after purchase?

The 3 skype client was been upgraded late last year to include skypeout and chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 gowger

Ok cool, wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im still very tempted to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Just some news on the C905:-
    C905 will got small upgrade very soon.
    It’s new firmware, which has some new features. Here are all features, that will got updated C905 Cyber-shot™ :
    # Smile Shutter™
    # YouTube™
    # WayFinder 8
    # Snapfish
    # SMS-chat

New upgrade will be available in all new C905 phones from mid-February 2009. Other users of C905 phone can easily upgrade firmware by SEUS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Does anybody know an approximate SMS inbox/SMS sent folder capacity on the C905?

My W300i can ony hold in the region of 200 divided by my inbox, sent and drafts folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Has anyone got the C905 on O2?? I have it with 3, but because it is always connected to 3G the battery life is crap, barely getting over one day. Is this the case with O2 (ie is it always connected to 3G), as if its not I am going to change to them.

Only problem is they have nothing as good as the Relax 150 plan

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

This phone any good?? How is wifi and texting on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭cullenswood

DonFred wrote: »
    This phone any good?? How is wifi and texting on it

Texting is fine on it, especially if you are used to SE phones. Wifi works a treat, the only problem I have is the battery life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Does this phone come with headphones? Doesn't say so on o2.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Does anyone know when the c905 will be coming to vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I have one of these branded on 3. Whenever I am outside a 3G area, it tells me I'm not in my home network if I go to send a text. It still sends though.

Also, when outside the 3G coverage areas, I am unable to get on to the internet.

Is this normal, or is it a 3 thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭riiight!

anyone found any software to vies pdf files? found a software called "pdf viewer" but it seems pretty useless....

Also answering an earlier question, skype is working fine on the phone now. It just took awhile to be activated.

testicle wrote: »
    I have one of these branded on 3. Whenever I am outside a 3G area, it tells me I'm not in my home network if I go to send a text. It still sends though.

Also, when outside the 3G coverage areas, I am unable to get on to the internet.

Is this normal, or is it a 3 thing?

Not being able to go on the internet is normal when not in 3g coverage (yes I know some have been able to do this bit if you are one of the lucky ones this is outside the norm). You should not be getting any message about not being on home network when texting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

dermo1990 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the c905 will be coming to vodafone.

Hi all anybody able to help with this ^

Wana get it for vodaofne any info would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Thinking of getting one of these in the next few days. Am due a gold upgrade from o2. Two questions:

What's the video quality like?
    What's the battery life like without 3G?

How do you set up the geo-tagging for showing where you take photos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Edit: my mistake got mixed up with the c902

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Id prefere the nokia n95 over the c905 for some reason. More stuff to don with nokia. Camera dont seems bad. Anyone have the two?>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Vain wrote: »
    Its out on meteor now for 239.00euro. Is it worth the money? Iv always been a song fan but i have a nokia at the moment and its not the greatest.

Incredible value. I bought mine on 3-ay 2months ago for 379eur and that was online. 399in shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Vain wrote: »
    Its out on meteor now for 239.00euro. Is it worth the money? Iv always been a song fan but i have a nokia at the moment and its not the greatest.

That's the C902 - C905 is not available on Meteor Pre-pay. 3 is still the cheapest at €399.

Advertisement