Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Lynch's WonderWomen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is this finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yes thank god. unfortunately she has been given a xmas special :(

It did really well for them, god knows why.

:( DREADFUL TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

There was a traveller woman on RTE liveline yesterday. I thought it was a windup , she sounded exactly like singing Bernie Walsh. Had big row with Joe and a publican who her husband had attacked. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Elmo wrote: »

Change channels if you don't like it, I thought it was great, glad it did well loooking forward to the xmas special with Singing Bernie Walsh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

There was a traveller woman on RTE liveline yesterday. I thought it was a windup , she sounded exactly like singing Bernie Walsh. Had big row with Joe and a publican who her husband had attacked. Mad stuff.

I thought the same, being Friday Joe sometimes has comedians on. Just shows how true to life her character is and how good a mimic she is. As I said before, it's the writing not the performance thats the problem with her show. More prove of that is, Katherine was funnier ad libbing in a 2 minute appearance on the Late Late Show with Pat Kenny, than in her own show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

podge018 wrote: »
    First time I seen it tonight, (was it the first one??) and I thought it was hilarious. The Leitrim one especially, and the Tallaght one too. The traveller one dragged on a little and the blogger one is pointless.

I'm fully aware there'll be people on here slating it, but I don't care, gutted for you actually that you didn't find it funny, it's your loss.

ha ha totally agree with you. I think she is hilarious apart form the blogger. Some pair of tits on her aswell. ;)

Change channels if you don't like it, I thought it was great, glad it did well loooking forward to the xmas special with Singing Bernie Walsh ;)

I did, I know how to use a remote unlike some people on boards who seem to forget on a Sunday Night at 6:30 - 7:30, I flick or turn off as soon as it starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TvWatcher

i liked it, mostly. bernie is good, sheila is great, rest is meh

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Floyd

My sentiments exactly, complete and utter tripe. (Sorry tripe)

4F19.jpg
    vote4pedro wrote: »
    An utterly pathetic half hour of "comedy", the premise was embarassingly awful ("What about if it's Little Britain....but like, for Ireland") and the sketches were cheap, humourless, pathetically staged, and downright offensive. If you found any moment of that odious show in any way funny then its lobotomy time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 CareBear2008

Liz Hurley talking about the cows in a field:

"Jesus would ya look at her, she'd make page 3 on the farmer's journal".

I loved this series. Katherine Lynch = funniest comedian IMO, the amount of time I was crying laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

I loved this series. Katherine Lynch = funniest comedian IMO

Do you mean funniest comedian "in this show" or "ever" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I loved the Liz Hurley character, I know plenty of people like her! :O The rest of the characters weren't very good. Bernie becomes boring after a few "Friends in Hiaces" references.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jonoliver28

Elmo wrote: »

Elmo, kathrine lynch happens to be a good friend of mine, not sure if you know what your talking about, might be dreadful, but at leasts she is funny? most of people on here like her, although i agree it might not be eveyones cup of tea, but it beats watching fairly ****ty.

if RTE put there hand in the pocket and be on hand to issue some decent writers then maybe, eveything you see is done by her.

there is no script!!!

Elmo, kathrine lynch happens to be a good friend of mine, not sure if you know what your talking about, might be dreadful, but at leasts she is funny? most of people on here like her, although i agree it might not be eveyones cup of tea, but it beats watching fairly ****ty.

if RTE put there hand in the pocket and be on hand to issue some decent writers then maybe, eveything you see is done by her.

there is no script!!!

I am being critical, I am sorry that both Ms. Lynch and RTE have failed to produce a script. It might have been a worthwhile exercise to even out the edges.

I personally don't think it does actually beat Fair City (Honestly how do you know I don't have friends who work for "Fairly ****ty", whom aren't offend by people like you insisting that that's funny.) But then I have a remote and I can change channel.

I also I am being critical of the show not Katherine Lynch, it just happens that the show carries her name.

I do actually think that Comedy and Entertainment TV is poorly funded by RTE and they really have no excuse for it, it would be nice to see any of the comedies/dramas with a team of scriptwriter who could edit and write decent scripts, I beleive that Katherine Lynch's show could have been developed better had she been given such a team. Ditto for so many other shows that RTE have produce. I understand that they aren't always going to produce classics like "Paths to Freedom". Especially when there is no development behind their shows.

Also since the show did well and every one here on boards seems to like the show then my criticism of the show are out weighed by everyone else. I am just one of a few.

I'm so excited about her show on Friday the 17th of April 2009 in Vicar St. I've bought 4 tickets for me and my friends...comedy is very hard to do and IMO Katherine does it really well. She is fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

I'm so excited about her show on Friday the 17th of April 2009 in Vicar St. I've bought 4 tickets for me and my friends...comedy is very hard to do and IMO Katherine does it really well. She is fab.

You may not be a Rose Bush but you are defo a plant of some kind:
    Are you
    a)Her?
    b)Her manager?
    c)Friend/relative?
    d)Work on show/rte
    e)Vicar st booking's manager?
    f)None of the above?:rolleyes:

Id go with B or D:(

I think people approached this programme ready to bash it, expecting it to be bad merely because its Irish, but thats bollix, it was good.

Generally speaking I would stand up for an Irish Production. As I already said I don't find this comedy funny.

Sorry jonoliver28 I was just reading back over the thread, I would say its 50:50 why attack me!

The tone of you argument didn't need to be put in bold :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

elshambo wrote: »
    You may not be a Rose Bush but you are defo a plant of some kind:
    Are you
    a)Her?
    b)Her manager?
    c)Friend/relative?
    d)Work on show/rte
    f)None of the above?:rolleyes:

Id go with B or D:(

Everyone has different opinions. I find her funny, you obviously dont, whats the point in trying to be funny about someone liking her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I loved her show. I'd certainly go to see her live.

Humour is subjective.

I'm no plant, but i do have a bush :D (ok it's not all that funny, but you get my drift)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone know if her series is out on DVD?

• Advertisement

In response to Elshambo's reply:

I could only wish to be any of the below options you have listed below, preferably (a), (b) and (c)

a)Her?
    b)Her manager?
    c)Friend/relative?
    d)Work on show/rte
    f)None of the above?

Katherine rocks my world. There I said it. I hope her series comes out on DVD soon. Does anyone know if she's doing any more gigs in The George?

Katherine rocks my world. There I said it.

I don't know you seem to be: -

A. Stalking Katherine
    B. Watching too much TV
    C. Falling in love with a TV show

Each of these have their own problems and I suggest that you seek professional advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

Really dislike that show....

seadog9 wrote: »
    Really dislike that show....

This show seems to be a love it or hate it one TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TvWatcher

her gig in vicar street is sold out. i'm one of the clueless ones on here who laughed out loud enough several times to consider buying a ticket. hope they add a 2nd date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are 4 dates for her now, just bought tickets myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Flicked on a couple of minutes of an audience with Katherine Lynch tonight, much cringing ensued and that includes the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

seanybiker wrote: »

Everyone has different opinions. I find her funny, you obviously dont, whats the point in trying to be funny about someone liking her.

Your right, trying to be funny about people liking something they find funny
    whats that all about?

You know; humour, thats serious stuff!

Sums up the difference between people who like the show and dont in my less than humble!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

caught my first glimpse of this one tonight (The "Audience with" show).

Twas fairly cringe-worthy stuff. The audience were fairly horrible aswell. Pretty sure they were all rte employees/media personalities (or at least thats how it looked)

• Advertisement

grimm2005 wrote: »
    caught my first glimpse of this one tonight (The "Audience with" show).

Twas fairly cringe-worthy stuff. The audience were fairly horrible aswell. Pretty sure they were all rte employees/media personalities (or at least thats how it looked)

I assume that it was a piss take on the ITV show "An Audience With .... " I don't know why you would need to take the piss of such a **** show!!!!

I didn't watch.

Advertisement