Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Lynch's WonderWomen

Options
  • 15-10-2008 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Katherine Lynch Is Back in WonderWomen

Back next Monday 20/10/08 on RTE 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 constipatinator

Load of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭ianrush

Awful mess. Please make it stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

First time I seen it tonight, (was it the first one??) and I thought it was hilarious. The Leitrim one especially, and the Tallaght one too. The traveller one dragged on a little and the blogger one is pointless.

I'm fully aware there'll be people on here slating it, but I don't care, gutted for you actually that you didn't find it funny, it's your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

It's so bad. How do these people get their own shows? ABSOLUTE BOLLLOCKZZZ!!$!! Everyone knows women can't be funny :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I was in a hoop laughing at it, harmless fun!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

How can the clip with the Egyptian and African be seen as anything but racism??

I have a high tolerance for comedy and black humour in particular but I thought that section was inexcusable...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Exactly! :D What do people expect sometimes, there's only so many Larry Davids and Steve Coogan's in the world. That tonight had some genuinely laugh out loud moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

i just wouldn't watch this under any circumstance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aylevaroo

awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

subfreq wrote: »
    How can the clip with the Egyptian and African be seen as anything but racism??

I have a high tolerance for comedy and black humour in particular but I thought that section was inexcusable...:confused:

Sure if her "traveller" character didn't get her in trouble she must have thought anything goes.:D

It really is very poor stuff in fairness. Her attempts to get on the Rose of Tralee were mildly amusing but I had to turn it off after that when she did some godawful skit on something or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Brilliant stuff, great to have Bernie back :) The only weak character was the Blogger! The rest was brilliant :) Worth the license fee alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

She should stick with the Bernie and Shelia characters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Threads merged. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Loved Liz Hurley - absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

She is hilarious! I work with a few Leitrim women and she is spot on with that character (Don't tell them I said that though).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Funny girl. She won't be getting any stipend from the Limerick tourist board though! :pac: The traveller is supposed to be from there (even though there is actually way more of em up here in Connaught) and the Leitrim one is paranoid about it! Funny how many standups include a bit of Limerick-bashing in their routines these days. They should do it at the start of their shows to get it out of the way. It's a little old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I enjoyed it, there were some funny moments alright, I liked Liz Hurley, the Tallaght one, bits of the Gypo Rose.

Maybe later down the series there might be more from Dalkey but last night, that character didnt do much.

I think people approached this programme ready to bash it, expecting it to be bad merely because its Irish, but thats bollix, it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Loved it. Sheila Sheik was definitely the best of them though. The blogger was poor though, a bit too like a one off character katherine tate did a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'd love to see Sheila Sheik on Fair City :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I think people approached this programme ready to bash it, expecting it to be bad merely because its Irish, but thats bollix, it was good.

Nope, people approached this programme ready to bash it because Katherine Lynch and her previous show are just not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Nope, people approached this programme ready to bash it because Katherine Lynch and her previous show are just not funny.

Harsh. Harsh but fair.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Its probably best then that those people dont watch something that they clearly dont like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Enjoyed this myself...I don't know if it's that funny per se, but the woman is clearly mental and it's worth watching it for that alone...she has the accents and mannerisms down well, but I didn't take to the Leitrim one and thought the D4 thing was a bit weak. The Tallaght girl was funny as hell, and i enjoyed the street side stuff with the goat...
    Racism? Christ back when I was a youngster "racism" was an accepted part of humour...no harm was meant either then or now...people playing the racism card at any given opportunity piss me the hell off...go watch some sanitised American bullsh*t if it's such a problem.
    TBH I don't know where the show is going from here...the voiceover guy made me think it was trying to go down the Paths to Fredom route, but I don't think she can develop the characters that much...will be interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wasn't bowled over by it to be honest. I liked the Sheila Sheik character but the rest of it was pretty meh. Not the sort of show I'd go out of my way to see although I imagine it would appeal to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

JP Liz wrote: »
    I'd love to see Sheila Sheik on Fair City :D

That would be brilliant. I would definatlely watch Fair City if she was in it. She could play a relative of that ugly scanger one that was having the affair with Jimmy.

Sheila Sheik is my fav character on the show. The bit where she was hanging the mirror over that howya at the ATM was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Liz Hurley reminded me a bit of Ruth Scott the bogger DJ on 2FM. Other than that, I thought Sheila Sheikh was still funny, despite the change of husband and blackening of her skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Glad to see this back one of RTEs better shows. It's about time we got some more bogger comedy on the tele.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Nice to see RTE finally have an African character on their screens, and turn him in to a Nigerian scam artist who dresses up like a witchdoctor whilst trying to rob Irish people.

An utterly pathetic half hour of "comedy", the premise was embarassingly awful ("What about if it's Little Britain....but like, for Ireland") and the sketches were cheap, humourless, pathetically staged, and downright offensive. If you found any moment of that odious show in any way funny then its lobotomy time....

Advertisement